Total Solution Weejennyp's Diary

weejennyp

Day 1
Not quite over but its gone really well so far. I expected work colleagues to be less supportive than they have been which was really nice. Everyone was very supportive and quite excited for me.
I only told my OH last night that I was doing this for definite. I had casually mentioned it last week to guage his reaction (he likes me just as I am bless). He was really supportive too so I felt I wasn't doing it alone.

Support and discussion one here is great and I feel that I am part of a little group who all started today too.
Still feeling 'empty' like I need to eat but I am focusing on the fact that this won't last more than a few days and filling up on water as much as I can.

Been thinking a lot about the goals I want to achieve and came up with a few to start me off.

Get into size 20 jeans
Get into size 18 jeans
Learn horse riding (need to get to 17 1/2 stone to start)
Go on an aeroplane without using a seatbelt extension!
See my bikini line without shifting my tummy out of the way

Hiya Jenny, welcome and good luck on your Exante journey :hug99: xx

Hey jenny welcome and goodluck just remember were all here to support each other were all fighting the flab good luck hun xxxxxx

Day 2
Another good day today. Didn't have the horrible hunger that I had yesterday and felt a bit 'floaty' but not bad at all.
Starting to wish that I had bought the mixed bumper pack so I had a bit more variety but I will next month.
Did some weights this evening as I know il need to tone up with quick losses.
Had a dodgy moment when I was making tea for the family tonight and I just thought about eating briefly. I didn't though and I wouldn't but it was an odd feeling. It made me think a bit about what I associate food with and how I have in the past eaten without even thinking about it.
Might try to leave my first shake til later tomorrow and then I will have something left for evening. Feel a little deprived when family are eating but had a glass of coke zero tonight as a treat lol.
Day 3 tomorrow. Bring it on!

Day 3
Good day today. Hardly felt hungry at all and the keto stick is pink!!!!! So ketosis has started and I'm burning fat. Woohoo!!
I was quite worried about today because Friday is usually take away night and I was thinking all day about that. Thankfully DH was really thoughtful and decided he'd be happy with scrambled egg and toast as he didn't me to feel I was missing out. I know I'll have to deal with it at some point but I'm glad it wasn't today.
Had porridge for tea but wasn't that nice. Maybe it will taste better next time I make it. Really wishing I had bought some soups!!

Day 4 already!
Had a wobbly day today. Every food I cooked for the family I sooooo wanted. Even stuff I don't normally enjoy eating myself which was bizarre. I was sniffing the meals as I cooked them. I did jump on the scales and was really pleased so far which is why I can't understand the wobble. Self sabotage??? Probably.
I did think a couple of times today that I am crazy and why am I bothering it'll only end up the same as before with me slipping and puting weight back on. Then I thought if that happens its my decision. But its also my decision to make it work this time and make it different this time around.
I feel really good that I had the wobble as it has almost made me even more determined to keep on going. I wasn't even hungry! My hunger has pretty much evaporated so it was just habit and probably a bit of comfort eating. I seem to go to food on auto pilot as an answer to any issue I have. A bit stressed a bit nervous or sad then a chinese take away or a giant bar of chocolate will solve it. Thing is it never has and never will. If anything it makes it work as then I feel bad about having eaten something for the wrong reasons.
I feel fine now. Just trying to get the rest of my water in for the day and looking forward to tomorrow. DAY 5!

Day 5 and I am a cleanaholic. My DH thinks I've developed OCD as I can't stop cleaning. I have a bit of an energy boost today but also aching legs. Did some googling and it seems to be common during ketosis. Its caused by the potassium, calcium and magnesium being flushed out of muscles. I think I will get myself a supplement which supposedly makes it disappear.
Had porridge for breakfast which was not any nicer than last time I had it. Really struggled to get that down at the end. Banana shake for lunch and now having a coffee and a break form my clean fest!
Still feeling really motivated and looking forward to wednesday's weigh in.

Back