Week 1 male weigh in results!

I guess everyone finds their own way. I started in sept 09 and did 16 weeks straight 100%. I took a three week break for Xmas. I did a proper refeed too. Over that three weeks I gained about 4 lbs. I got straight back on the wagon come Jan and lost 9 lbs on my first week of restart. I did not find restarting hard at all. Some people find it very hard, so be wary if you do decide on taking a break.
I carried on till week 29. My losses had started to slow at this stage with losses of about 2 lbs a week. The slowing losses combined with the fact that I felt I should find a plan I might stick with to maintain my losses led me to my switch to GL.
I found GL fab and with minimal effort continued to lose and hot to goal by the end of august. I lost another 39 lbs on GL. Please note losses on GL can be better than mine but I'm fairly inactive due to a bad back.
I have maintained my losses well since last august. I'm the same size I was throughout my twenties so I am well happy
As a man, your losses will be faster. My advice would be stick 100% as long as you can. You will have a few tough days here and there but you get through.
Think seriously about your relationship with food whilst on TFR. Plan for how you will maintain your losses or the weight will return.
I find GL fab. I see it as a lifestyle not a diet. This is a very important mindset shift you need to make in my opinion if you are to manage maintenance.
Hope all this makes a bit if sense!!

Aw brilliant!!!! thanks so much for this Molly! the gl diet is something i keep seeing sucessfull maintainers mentioning, am going to order a book thgis second, and learn it back to front while im on this, new plan is to do it until i lose 2lb or less, two weeks in a row. without this board, there's no way id have stuck out week 1! thanks again!!:):):)

Back