Week 1, T minus 12 hours!

muppetgirly

Loser!
Hi all,

Been on this site for a while trying to do slimming world, but it just wasn't working for me.

So tonight I went to my first LLL meeting and collected my packs. I am about to have my last "unhealthy" meal!!

Does anyone post recipes as I'm struggling with inspiration......until now my lifre revolved around pasta!!

I used to be a pasta addict, but after a good two years of a mixture of LL abstinence, LLLite and healthy eating - I positively hate the stuff. It's so bland! And after not having it so long I can feel the effects of it when I do have some - it makes me feel lethargic and bloated. So it's a good idea to just move away from it!

The recipes - have a look at your favourite recipes and just eliminate what you can't have and substitute with what you CAN have! Be inventive with tomato passata to create lovely tomato based sauces - so your bolognase, chilli, rattatoulle, tomato paste with herbs to drizzle on variety of protein choices or morroccan inspired spices with parsley and coriander.
The "carbs" can be replaced by making "cauliflower rice", or the cauliflower/broccoli stalks can be cut up and made into "chips" by grilling them lightly with some salt and pepper.

Be inventive! That's part of the fun of Lite. :) It's only as limited as you make it to be!

Have fun! Good luck with it all - the first week WILL be pretty hard, but after the first 7 days it will just fall into place. Promise. ;)

Thanks Minerva, I'm going to blog my food diary and feelings to try to kep myself motivated.

Back