Week 12 - Milk Week

Hello,

I didn't do this week either, but would be interested to hear others experiences of how this affected their weight loss, and more importantly how it affected returning to the standard four shakes etc.

I am about to hit my 24th week of abstinence, so this is something I may want to consider.

Thanks!

Leesy
xox

Hello

We didn't do milk week, either. I did have milk, though, and it did not take me out of ketosis.

(On a separate note, I'll answer your question about Route to Management - I haven't forgotten :D - when I find the information.)

Take care. You're doing so well.

Mrs Lxxxxxxx

Hi there - Thank You. I've looked it up and realised that I may well have got a bit confused. It looks as if it is week 13 that is Milk week. I was excited because it is my birthday this week and I was looking forward to a cup of tea with milk! Oh well...

My only nod towards milk week was one skinny latte in Cafe Nero that week, with no adverse effect on my loss. The following milk week was a non-starter too - just glossed over by my LLC and then, SAdly, I had had a pretty bad week (food wise) anyway, so it was a moot point!!

I think most people seem to ignore it, and follow their usual pattern.

Everyone in our class ignores it as far as I know.
Strangely, the other week our counsellor was on about foods that people often gave up altogether when they came out of abstinence. I mean people gave them up for abstinence and could never face going back to eating them. She said a lot of people pretty much gave up alcohol, and the other food they gave up was MILK. I asked why they ever invented a milk week then, when most people continue to take their coffee black rather than add milk???
She had no answer, I have never been a fan of milk, but after this comment it crossed my mind perhaps LL didn't really want us to do milk week either??

Hehehe, iceycold. You may have a point! I know they're abiding by NICE guidelines in offering it to us, but it seems that nobody wants to do it. My group all said no, too.

No one in our group did it either. It was sort of skipped over by our LLC in the meeting prior to milk week. We were all aware of it, but chose not to. Personally, I think it's a bit of a daft idea to have it so close to the end of the 100 days. I know it's only a guideline though.

Back