Week 13 WI. unlucky for some.....

pete10141748

Postaholic
.......but not for me!
A spectacular return to form after my slow month, with 6lbs gone this week! YeeHAW!

Puts me at 15.13 now! Can't believe it!
ME! Into the 15's!!!! :eek:

Seems all that running this week paid off.
Here's to the next seven days! :cool:

Indeed, much respect to the science geek! 6lb is fab, that's almost half a stone in just one week :eek::D!

fricking hell. well done hunni u are flying it xxx

Oh my!! Wow! How amazing is that?! No way my 13 week weigh in is going to be any where near as impressive! You are a total star!

How are you feeling on the running front by the way? I wanted to start again but was worried as one of the doctors in work confirmed that I wouldn't be able to convert the fat quickly enough on such few calories and would start burning muscle (she explained the ketosis to me in an understandable way but I so can't remember to repeat it!) so that worried me and put me off! I know you research everything, so convince me it's safe to get back on the treadmill or go out for a little jog?? I dreamt I was running the other night and felt brilliant!

I've felt great on the running front.
I've only done as much as I feel I should be, and I stopped and walked the rest when I felt I had run enough.

Doing 15 or 20 minutes, I feel, is not dangerous or detrimental.
It appears to have given my body a wakeup call this week, so I'm going to keep doing it!

Go man Go. Run for your life.
Well done.

Oooh, I might try it this week. I feel I could run, as I have loads of energy, but have been too scared to do anything!! I'm going to go on your advice and see how it feels when I try it! Thanks Pete!

Hey thats fab and on the exercise front I spoke to my llc about it on tuesday and she says as long as your body says it's ok it's ok xXx

good to know an LLC agrees!
I've always said, your body will soon let you know if you are doing something it doesn't like!

Poppy, that;s the same reason I started to run in the first place. 2 weeks of walking around to/from work, and just *feeling* that my legs wanted to go faster than my head was allwoing them to. So this week I just though, you know what? f*ck it, I'm just gonna do it, and see what happens.

SO glad I did. Now I can't wait to get my bike out tomorrow for the first time in aaages, and I *know* that I'm going to have the energy and fitness level to have a blast on it :)

Good luck with your running!
It gets addictive, I warn you! :D

I used to run three times a week for an hour on the treadmill and loved it (obviously about seven years' ago before I was over 15 stone!!) I've never really been one to run the streets, but I might try it. Darn, just thought, don't think I've got any trainers.

But you've given me another idea and I might get out on my bike. I bought a really good one (Giant) and only went on it once before I got pregnant with Charlie. I'm going to get it out and dust it off this week. I really need to up my activity level to be honest.

Ah poppy but you forget having no trainers is a reason to shop ;). I agree with pete it's definately addictive! I can't wait to get up and go now :).

We should have our own runners thread, I'm sure Ls said something like this a while ago but we never started one.

Emma xXx

Poppy, nice idea with the bike, but be warned!
I got mine out this morning, and jeez, it was SO much harder than running.

I guess my legs are used to carrying around 20+ stone of me, so walking and to a lesser extent running feels OK, but the bike was something different.

I found 30 minutes of it really hard going, and my legs were burning like hell by the time I got home. I never got out of breath, but it just made me feel so tired, far moreso than the running has in the past week (and I don't mean *yawn* sleepy tired, I mean *collapse in a pile of zzzz's as my whole body just doesn't want to go anymore* tired)

I don't think I'm going to do it again until I'm back on f**d TBH. I'll keep running to get my fitness level up, but the biking just felt way too much for me to do at the moment :(

.......but not for me!
A spectacular return to form after my slow month, with 6lbs gone this week! YeeHAW!

Puts me at 15.13 now! Can't believe it!
ME! Into the 15's!!!! :eek:

Seems all that running this week paid off.
Here's to the next seven days! :cool:

Brill mate, that is very good news, you are getting there, i was there not too long ago :) feels like yesterday actually which is a good thing because its going to fly off

Hope im as lucky this week as you are!! :D

good to know an LLC agrees!
I've always said, your body will soon let you know if you are doing something it doesn't like!

Poppy, that;s the same reason I started to run in the first place. 2 weeks of walking around to/from work, and just *feeling* that my legs wanted to go faster than my head was allwoing them to. So this week I just though, you know what? f*ck it, I'm just gonna do it, and see what happens.

SO glad I did. Now I can't wait to get my bike out tomorrow for the first time in aaages, and I *know* that I'm going to have the energy and fitness level to have a blast on it :)

Good luck with your running!
It gets addictive, I warn you! :D

Nice going there pete i see you managed to change that light bulb then :p

well done Pete, thats fantastic!!!
daisy x

Poppy, nice idea with the bike, but be warned!
I got mine out this morning, and jeez, it was SO much harder than running.

I guess my legs are used to carrying around 20+ stone of me, so walking and to a lesser extent running feels OK, but the bike was something different.

I found 30 minutes of it really hard going, and my legs were burning like hell by the time I got home. I never got out of breath, but it just made me feel so tired, far moreso than the running has in the past week (and I don't mean *yawn* sleepy tired, I mean *collapse in a pile of zzzz's as my whole body just doesn't want to go anymore* tired)

I don't think I'm going to do it again until I'm back on f**d TBH. I'll keep running to get my fitness level up, but the biking just felt way too much for me to do at the moment :(

Yikes!! :eek: I'm going to avoid that then! I know from walking up the stairs at work, when I do more than two flights my thigh muscles really start to burn and just feel 'tired'. I can therefore imagine that the bike is going to hurt, especially as it's worn you out!

Right, plan A then and I'll go shopping for trainers like FYM says! ;

Back