Week 16 Weighin

Hi Kerry,

Thank you for the advice, I think you may be right. I have been looking through the forums trying to see what is the 'optimal' way of losing weight. Its fairly confusing when it comes to exercise. One school of thought says continue what you were doing before but dont shock your body and that your weekly weight loss will decrease. The other states dont do any exercise as your body will go into starvation mode so will hang onto every ounce of fat.

From all this and reading up about VLCD's in general, you will notice it states the body finds it easier to consume muscle rather than fat for energy requirements. So what i thought was I dont want to see big numbers coming off the scales because of the body burning a higher amount of muscle vs fat. However at same time you dont want to overdo exercise where its an unhealthy amount. My thinking is fairly simple..

body needs energy > easier to consume muscle vs fat > uses muscle > realises muscle is needed for 'hunting gathering' > burns fat (which takes longer to burn) ....

wow i feel even more confused than before.. i guess bottom line is I feel full of energy and rather than sat at home, i feel i want to work out and pass each day.. but i guess your right 3 hours is OTT...:sigh::sigh::sigh::sigh:

hi fat brit, i think you confused me there:D. your right about the fat vs muscle thing. i am going doing an hour on tuesday to see how i feel. your body will always try to burn fat first before muscle, so if i did an hour, say 40minutes toning and 20 minutes cardio, i dont think it will go to burning muscle stores. and you will be building muscle. if you have more lean muscle at resting rate, your body naturally burns more fat. so this is my plan.

good luck though and let us know how you get on. make sure you let us know how your first weigh in goes too.

kerryxxx

Back