Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Week 18 update and Friday nights...

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Cerulean, 11 May 2007 Social URL.

1. Cerulean

Cerulean Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(31.67%)
    Diet:
    CD Step 5/Low GI
    I ate all of my food by about 3pm today. I've come home to a quiet and miserable Friday night with nothing to do and no plans. Its so greay and dreary I don't want to go for a walk. I've had a busy busy week and I'm hitting one of those patches where I think about what I used to do in the old days before LL. I would have dealt with this lonely, dull feeling by having a big savoury binge. I was going to go to the cinema across the road in 20 minutes as a diversion but I don't think I can stand to smell the popcorn.

I am tying to get to the bottom of why I feel like this. Wondering why I can't seem to get off my arse and do any of the things I'm sure I'd rather be doing than hiding under my duvet with a laptop. Don't get me wrong, I am pleased with myself that no matter what happens tonight, I won't be eating my way out of it. I suppose for now I should learn to just be content with that - we can work on a happier way to spend my Friday nights. One thing at a time!

This week has been annoying as out of 4 working days, work has provided lunch 3 times. Normally this would have scuppered every diet I've ever done before, but I haven't ben tempted once. Yesterday's lunch was hard to avoid though as I was on community service (our work sends us off to do this one day a year) and the lunch is provided by the charity. My team leader was quite insistent that we should eat as we had been doing hard manual labour for 4 hours. Also we had no access to water where we were and our bags were locked away a mile from where we were working and asking to go back to get water would have seemed like making a fuss, so I got dehydrated and dizzy which made it seem even weirder that I was making out that I wasn't hungry.

Of course I didn't eat, and it was an unusual situation to be in and I got through it, and I know that I only have less than 12 weeks to go until I never have to do this again. If I do this properly I will never have to go through a day like yesterday again.

On a positive note, I am officially a 36DD this week - Hurrah!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Mrs Lard

Mrs Lard Silver Member

Diet:
    LighterLife
    Hi Sarah

Well done on being a very foxy bra size!!

I know what you mean about Friday night; I've just come in from work, my husband has asked me to order him a curry (he's on his way home) and I am feeling really tired but felt I couldn't just go to bed. There are also far too many chores to do; I did some but..., in the end, I am lying on my bed and using my laptop and ... relaxing. And I do feel better for having stopped.

The one thing I have really noticed on LL is how much tiredness affects me and I wonder if you aren't just completely done in, particularly after yesterday's marathon effort with the charity?

How about a lovely relaxing bath and an early night? This works for me, a lot, and in the past I would have joined in with a curry and eaten far too much instead of realising that I needed to go to bed/relax.

Also, perhaps give the thought records a go - as you want to resolve why you feel a certain way - I've just started doing them but they seem to help.

Wishing you a lovely Friday night, pamper yourself and be thoroughly proud of staying on tracking during a very testing week.

Mrs L xxxxxxxxxxxx

jane likes this.
  4. Cerulean

Cerulean Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(31.67%)
    Diet:
    CD Step 5/Low GI
    Thanks for your reply and the suggestion of the thought record - I really don't do them at all (I had a bad experience with CBT about 5 years ago and I really react to some of the LL exercises and that's one of them) but I will have a go this weekend as you're right - I'm starting to come to the conclusion that I need to to get through this.

I don't think it's tiredness - I often do very long walks and rides and I work hard at yoga and I work long hours - if anything I am less tired than ever. I always seem to get very grumpy at weekends even though I look forward to them all week. I think I'm still mourning the loss of alcohol even though I used to curse my Saturday hangovers.

I've just had a nice long bath. I live alone so I spoil myself all the time. This might seem like heaven to some people - but really I'm so spoilt I don't know I'm born sometimes :rolleyes:

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.