Week 2 & 3 questions

Alibongo

Happily pro pointing!
Week 2
  • in week 1 it says limit the milk to 1/2 pint, is that still the case from week 2?
Week 3
  • are we allowed fruit yoghurt? I am guessing so as we are allowed fruit and yoghurt but wanted to check. I noticed that most of the low fat ones have tons of sugar, but mullerlight seems to be fine.
  • fat free cooking sauces - what can we have? We can't cook veg yet so not sure what's left.

No help from me - but am interested in the answers. I'm going to avoid bought fruit yoghurts and make my own anyway from greek yog and the berries we're allowed. I'm not starting back on milk really, so I doubt I'll ever make 1/2 pint in a day (just using it for cooking, making smoothies etc. As for the cooking sauces.......hmmm......wonder what they would suggest??

I tried soya milk for the first time today, it is a bit sweet and creamy to have in tea but is lovely on sugar free jelly, even DD liked it which is good. I bet it is nice on bran flakes too. Have to wait a while to try that one though.

Oooh.....soya milk on jelly - never thought of that one! Thanks - will try that when I'm allowed to!

thanks dancing, I am new to all this soya business, but quite liking it.

Oh and Deb, thanks for the tip on greek yoghurt :drool: I am also loving that on jelly. I bet it is lovely with fruit too. I didn't realise how different greek yoghurt could be to normal stuff. I bought lots of different kinds of natural and low fat yogs to see which I liked that best.

LOVE Greek yoghurt - can't wait till Friday!!

reading this makes me really excited about starting RTM!
you guys have a new appreciation of foods that would have been taken for granted before =]
you have come a million miles xxxxxxx

Yep - I REALLY appreciate and enjoy all my food now - and I am more interested in nutritional benefits now than I was before!!!! I see it as fuel for my body rather than an emotional crutch to prop me in times of need.

Back