Week 2 & only 2lb ????/

Dreamer<3

I was wondering if anyone else has struggled with a loss in the 2nd week. I lost 12.5lb in my first week and this week the scales have hardly moved. I really am disheartened but dont want to give up. I am doing SS and I just dont understand how I am not losing weight.....it has to be impossible surely?!?!?:confused::confused::confused:

I lost just over 7lb in my first week and 3 3/4 in my second. I'm sure that for every week you have a small loss you will catch up with a good loss on other weeks. There's no way you can fail to lose weight on this diet but everyone loses the weight differently. I was hoping for a huge loss in my first week, but it just didn't happen. I have to look at the amount I've lost overall-I could never have got anywhere near that amount in 3 weeks as I have on this diet. I don't expect to have lost much this week either because it's my TOTM, but I hope that means I lose more next week or the week after.

Well if you put it in perspective you have lost 14.5lb in two weeks. That's an amazing loss. You can't have huge losses every week, but maybe you will have a bigger than 2lb loss next week. CD says you lose on average 1 stone a month. You have lost that in two weeks and thats great. Stick with it and don't be disheartened. I hope I have such a successful first two weeks as you.

I am sure you will Mia. Good Luck, my advice is take each day as it comes at least for the first week and remember to drink your water. xx

I lost 10lbs first week then stayed the same the second. Then I had two weeks of losing 2lbs, so I did the stone in a month but was hoping for more. Still, I'm a stone lighter than I was and I'll keep going xx

Well if you put it in perspective you have lost 14.5lb in two weeks. That's an amazing loss. You can't have huge losses every week, but maybe you will have a bigger than 2lb loss next week. CD says you lose on average 1 stone a month. You have lost that in two weeks and thats great. Stick with it and don't be disheartened. I hope I have such a successful first two weeks as you.

What she said! For a start weight of 198lbs you've had a great loss for a fortnight!

Relax into and celebrate being a stone lighter!

I made a pact withmyself this time around that I was going to be looking at my monthyl totlas because like you have experienced a week by week loss can be deceptive. Anything can cause a slightly less loss ont he day, totm, general water retention, different clothes! It will equal out over the month so don't worry...
and I would love to lose over a stone in two weeks and I have got more to lose!

Good luck for next week and don't let your gremlins tell you that you are not doing fabulously well!!

xx

I know just how you are feeling, I lost 8lbs in my first week but this week my scales are only showing a 2lbs loss despite me being 100% SS. I do feel a bit fed up, especially having avoided chocolate and roast dinners over the bank holiday but am hoping for a bigger loss next week....

I was wondering if anyone else has struggled with a loss in the 2nd week. I lost 12.5lb in my first week and this week

Thats a fantastic loss in the first week well done !!!

the scales have hardly moved.
I really am disheartened but dont want to give up.

Dont be disheartned you have done fantastically well .. Why would you give up over a stone in 2 weeks in amazing!!!

I am doing SS and I just dont understand how I am not losing weight.....it has to be impossible surely?!?!?:confused::confused::confused:

I am on week nine and the last two week only lost 2 lbs each but I have never had anything other than shakes and bars and drink at least 3 to 4 litres a day. so cant do anything else!!!

Hang in there a 2 lbs loss is still a great loss as long as its coming off thats all that matters.

Keep smiling :) your doing FAB!!!!

Hang in there a 2 lbs loss is still a great loss as long as its coming off thats all that matters.

Keep smiling :) your doing FAB!!!!

I agree, your loosing weight, be happy, and keep going... on this track, youll reach your goal eventually.lol

It's pretty common to lose only a couple of pounds in the second week, in my experience. And yes, it is disappointing, especially after the heady weight loss achievement most (though not all!) get in the first week.

Think of it another way. If you'd lost 10 pounds the first week and 4 1/2 the second, you'd have been pretty chuffed with that, wouldn't you? Well, it's no different, not really. :D

Well done on your terrific loss so far!

dreamer, i know it is hard, when you have a good week you want another good week, but any loss is a loss, it is difficult when you are reading this site and you hear of people loosing 6/7lb a week when you are only loosing 2 but if you look hard enough there are also others that only loose 2lb a week regularly, i know it is hard but dont be dispondent it will come of, I have been on this for 6 weeks and although i was loosing lb's i wasnt loosing inches then suddenly this week it happened and i lost 4in of my waist. So dont dispare it will happen

Back