Week 2 Plateau - is this normal?

Spandex

I'm after some advice please. I'm 3 days into week 2 and found that my weight hasn't gone down at all since weigh-day in fact I've even gone up a few ounces. It's not TOTM, I'm following the diet to the letter and must admit I'm feeling a bit dispondent. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Or what I can do to start losing again?

I was the same last wk hun, i was gutted! 2nd wk I lost 2lb after losing 8lb the first. No cheating nothing, ppl on here told me it happens a lot on 2nd wk and that on 600cals a day it will definately come off in the end! Wish I had put my scales away cos was annoyed all wk! I know its hard but try and keep away from scales and see what happens on your weigh in day, 2nd day of wk 3 for me and going to see how this wk is...all we can do is keep at it!! good luck xx

Thanks so much for that Tick Tock, glad (and sad) to know I'm not alone. How mentally tough is this diet? I've swung from super high's to major lows and my desire from bread is kicking in badly, coupled with the scales suddenly going in a huff with me, it easy to understand why people jack it in.

You're doing nothing wrong. I had a low loss on week 2. It's picked up again in week 3 thank goodness :)

Stick with it, the diet works and the weight will come off eventually!

I tend to find I get my losses at one end of the week or the other. I lost on Tues and on Wed then nothing since but overall its fine. Week 2 is notoriously bad for losses. Dont get disheartened

I have the same problem usually in week two, but it can creep up on you at any time. As long as you are doing the diet correctly the weight will come off - it is just a bit stubborn sometimes x

My hubby and I have decided not to weigh in on Wed as we do not want to be disheartened if we get a small loss, we are going to weight in on week 3. We need to all just stick to it as it will all come good in the end :) x

Am so jelous of those that dont have scale hopping compulsions!! didnt weigh this morning but its all I can think about lol
Spandex...it can be mentally tough, easy to feel out the loop, u dont realise how much everybodies lives revolve around food until you cut it out! Seems everyone eats non stop! and all the meeting up and going out I used to do was food based, bank holiday will be a real test for me as it would normally mean breakfast out, pub lunch, walk somewhere...inc drinks and icecream, followed by takeaway!! The thought that coming off means i prob wouldnt get back on, would quickly gain what i have lost and would have wasted the time and money is keeping me on track atm...just about! its bloody hard!! lots off ladies on here say that they work out how long it should take and then have the mindset that 'x' months out their lives to get slim is more than worth it xx

Back