Week 2 weigh in

happymonday

Having a mid-life crisis
2lbs :sigh:

Was as expected, I was 12st1lb last WI and 11st13lb last Thursday and haven't shifted since! I'm beginning to wonder if my scales are stuck ;)

I swear to God I haven't cheated, I've been so good :( But I did LT last October and exactly the same thing happened in the second week (and was the start of a downward spiral culminating in me giving up)

I'm determined that will not happen this time and I know a loss is a loss, but I can't help but feel a bit deflated today.

Normal service will resume shortly!

You know how this works then - having done it before.... well done on the 2lb now gone forever.

Are you drinking enough water ? or too much !?
Are you taking your fiberclear/senna ?
Are your shakes spread out enough?
Are you having all of your shakes?

Best of luck honey - keep with it. even if its 2 or 3lb per week - at least the temptation of food is removed - and you haven't got hundreds of pounds to loose.
xx

Hi
As you say, a loss is a loss and 2 lbs is the equivalent of 16 sausages! I think also that you may be comparing your losses with other peoples. Your current weight is lower than some people's goals so you are not seriously overweight to start with. What I mean is that as a proportion of your body weight, 2lbs is quite a lot for you. Also, you will be in ketosis now, so the 8lbs you lost last week was mostly water, but the 2lbs you lost this week is all fat!! Wave it good bye for good and celebrate!!

Good luck

Jon

Hi Happymonday

Wise words from Jon there.
We take all this time to put on the weight then never give ourselves space to remember its the same coming off. Two pounds is a lot of sausages...imagine them plastered over your thighs...gone!!
Also try a little exercise....I mean don't go mad, but maybe a trip to the shops on foot ( if not too far) or a walk round the block. Sometimes that gets the old metabolix going...lol! Good Luck ;)

dont give up hun, just think of your next WI xxx

Thank you all for the encouragement, it really does help.
I keep checking my ketostix (not that I'm obsessive or anything :p) so I know I'm in the right zone so to speak.
Determined to get there,
thanks for listening to me moan ;)

Back