week 3 and lapsed already

*jo*

Hi i'm new to the site. Thought i'd beg for support as i'm on week three and ive just eaten my husbands stash of chocolate. slipped into my usual pattern of eating when i've no distraction :cry:. Due to be weighed tomorrow and i dont want to go now as my group have all been doing so well and i will be the first to lapse. EEK!

dont worrry- pepel may have lasped and not said. U just have to learn by your lapse and look at as a lapse not relapse. I had somethign sunday nigt as i was feeling ill and couldnt sleep. Just think about what the triggers were and what you wre thinking and feeling - then u will know what yr risk situaiotions are and preppare for them

Hi Jo, do yourself a favour and put this completely behind you ----- one slip doesn't break the diet if you don't let it - you've done brilliantly to get so far without slipping up and you can do that again.

Drink plenty of fluids and try and flush it out of you --- when you get up in the morning get straight back on the diet ........ it can be a slippery wagon and all we can all do is our best not to fall off, but occasionally it's a bumpy road and we do.

Good luck for your weigh in - let us know how you get on ;)

Thanks Jill, You're right i'm sure, people are likely to have either lapsed or come close to it by now. I'll just have to face it tomorrow and be honest about it.:break_diet: It's great to see how everyone is doing with their weight loss with the 'tickers'. I might get the hang of this enough to do one for myself at some point.

Thanks Katie, I'll try not to beat myself up too much but i really didn't realise how bad i was going to feel the first time i lapsed. I feel like i'm at school and i haven't done my homework and i know the 'teacher' is going to tell me off tomorrow. I'm well in my child state today! I'll let you know how i get on, thanks for the encouragement.

Jo as the other girls said just put this behind you and move on, there's bound to be tohers that have lapsed and not said so you won't be alone. This was a tiny blip on your way to a fantastic new you, and the first few weeks are hard so it's understandable. As Katie said just completely forget it, get back on the horse and continue on. Before you know it you'll be finding the diet easy, be dropping loads of weight and never looking back. Also make sure you stay for the councilling part of your meeting cos this really helps in teaching you other ways to deal with your feelings other than eating, I used to be a major boredom eater. Keep in touch on here and let us all know how you're doing, and don't worry about the 'teacher' councillor figure. You're doing this for you not for what the scales say on one week. You'll get there! Good luck x

Back