week 4 weigh in

Helcatt

Another 1 lb down. Had hoped for more after the first fantastic two Weeks, but at least its in. the right direction, and that was with a very boozy weekend. Yummy cocktails......

But been back on track the last two days and was good up until Saturday lunchtime.

I even managed a swim last night. Not as much add I would have liked but decided to go gently rather than push myself too hard

Again, will be good until Saturday morning, and then we're away so will just have to be careful while we're away and make sure I only have small portions. Will be able to sort breakfast alright, but the rest.....

So, 10 lb so far. Am stalling and trying to keep the motivation going, I know it will be worth it, I just need to get through this blip

Hx

I am struggling. I don't knit what is wrong with my had. I know what I have to do, but I must find it so hard to stick to it. I am eating better than I read but the picking is starting to slip in again.

Not helped by a weekend away, good food choice for the most part, but too much

Must get brain back on track

Hx

Hi Helcatt, we all have times when for whatever reason it seems harder than others. Not sure why sometimes as it can be hard to understand the trigger. But I think it's quite normal to waiver sometimes! I was on a course in a hotel for the last 2 days and ate quite a few jellybeans and had some shortbread biscuits on both days! Oh well, so I had a couple of bad days but I'm back on the wagon. One tip that works for me is that if I read a slimmer's magazine or watch a programme like You Are What You Eat or Biggest Loser, it also helps get my head back on track!

Don't give up - look at the success you've had so far and you can definitely do it!!!!

Thanks topcatt
I've been loading stuff on to myfitnesspal again, in the hopes that I can keep myself focused - did stop over the weekend while we were away

And have been watching "secret eaters" - a friend reviewed this and said it was a real eye opener and it is!

I need to force myself back to the gym now

HX

going to the gym really helps to focus actually - the great feeling you get afterwards far surpasses the feeling after snacking!

as I lose weight, I'm noticing my energy going up as well - probably also to do with the fact i'm eating more fruit and veg and drinking more water!

Helcatt, I saw some of that 'secret eaters' programme too - amazing how those people thought they should be losing weight as they weren't eating much, yet they were eating LOADS when it was recorded!! And much of it high in fat/calories. Think they had a major wake-up call!

I agree with Islington82, I also get a buzz from going to the gym or doing my running. I like the fact I've worked hard and have been burning that fat!! I'm also eating more fruit and veg (a lot more actually) although I've always drunk a lot of water. I confess I'm looking forward to a glass of wine or two when I'm with family this weekend!

Back