Week 6 starting tomorrow

DDB2W

Just wondering what people's experiences of their week 6 weight loss has been after having had a meal week on week 5.

I lost about 13lbs on week 1 and then 5lbs every week after leading up to the meal week (2 stone in a month). The weight loss has then been quite slow over the meal week and I don't think I've always been in ketosis.

Basically I'm just asking whether you get similar results to week 1 in week 6 because you've kick started your metabolism a bit (if that's what happens).

Thanks in advance!

I'd be interested to hear what people have to say about this as well.

I'm hoping (expecting) for a bigger loss this week after AAM last week. I seem to have had a stable weight loss even with the extra calories though, so maybe not?

A possible theory could be that those who lost less or gained weight on the AAM lose more so that it evens out over the 2 weeks, making it all relative.

I'd also be interested in this - am currently on AAM week and looking forward to weigh in on 9 April to compare the two weeks results! As long as the scales keep going down though I will be a happy bunny!

So has anyone had weigh ins for weeks 5 and 6 now? I would be quite interested to see how peoples results panned out as I am due for my 6 week weigh in on Saturday and don't want to be getting my hopes up too much if the average weight loss for people has just been the same, if you see what I mean!

I would love a 5lb loss like on week 2 for me so that the 2 week period covering AAM week and the next is 3.5lb, but I suspect I am being over ambitious!!!

Anyways, I am otherwise generally nosey and would like to hear of how peoples results compared!

How did you two get on?

Personally I'm not going to add any food at all, I'm just going to keep going with the packs until I reach my goal weight.

I did the same thing with LL, it's what the councillor recommended. I had no adverse affects and she was right, the weight came off quicker. Then once you start eating again the CBT helps you deal with why you overeat. Obviously I still need to do some work on that!

I'm just an all or nothing person (I'm working on this not being the case) and until the weight is gone food is a distraction I can live without.

Once the weight has gone and that's no longer the big issue in your life then it's easier to deal with the real problem/s. Again I'm still working on it!

Good luck!

Sorry I meant to post my results earlier, but felt a bit ashamed because I've carried on with the AAM past week 5. That means my results are not reflective of someone following the diet to the letter.

Basically my toddler has been waking up a lot in the night and combined with the fact that I'm still hungry during ketosis, I couldn't cope on just 3 packs again for the time being. I see that Divster has been going through something similar (hugs to you Divster if you read this, I do sympathise! :wave_cry:) Tiredness is the killer for me, always has been and trying to keep away from the sugar/carbs is a real struggle.

However, I'm still losing. It doesn't seem to have made that much difference and I try not to add a meal if I feel ok, but that is rare at the mo.

Apologies that this post isn't as helpful as I would have liked and sorry if I'm not supposed to post in this section anymore because I'm not 100%, but I thought I should follow it up at least.

Good luck everyone, keep going x

Well done for still sticking to the packs, it'll be easy to get back to just three.

But This is why I'm not going to add any food, I know I would do the same and undo my hard work. I'm just going to go for it!

You really don't need the food and remember nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!

Have you done LL before or any CBT around food issues?

Anyway, before you eat do some writing about what your feeling. Then you'll find out if you really are hungry or if it's emotional eating. You said you feel tired because of your toddler, I know how that feels!

But is there another emotion there? Bored, frustrated, lonely?

You can achieve your goals if you stick with it, how much would you like to loose?

Anyway, good luck, You can do it!

Last edited:
Sorry I meant to post my results earlier, but felt a bit ashamed because I've carried on with the AAM past week 5. That means my results are not reflective of someone following the diet to the letter.

There is no need for you to be ashamed! This diet is such an extreme one that you must always do what feels right for you - if that means AAM, then AAM! Thanks for the update - was beginning to think I was talking to myself :eek: (again! ;) )

Your results are pretty impressive still!

Thanks girls for your encouragement. It's lovely to have such a supportive group when you're low.

Bettyme, it's def tiredness at work here, I just need extra sleep, but thanks for your good advice on how to deal with 'issues'. Are you finding that writing it down works for you?

Sammeh, good luck with your weigh in tomorrow, hope you get your 5 or even more ;)

It was 3lbs - but had MAJOR blow out last night so really happy it is a minus figure at all to be honest!

Are there any of us out there that have actually got through weeks 5 and 6 with no deviation I wonder!!!!

Happy with a 3 pound loss though! :D

And also happy hubby took over little one duty last night so I could have my blow out! Must have been that box of chocs I brought home for him as a treat!

Well done, that's not bad at all. Especially when you consider that you probably haven't digested half that stuff yet, it's still sitting in your tummy (that's what I tell myself anyway! :rolleyes:).

I expect that next week if you're back on track you'll have lost a bit extra than usual.

Just wondering what people's experiences of their week 6 weight loss has been after having had a meal week on week 5.

Thanks in advance!

I have just finished week 5 - so too soon to say, but I had to buy new trousers today,!! a size smaller - so something is working. My next weigh day is May 1st - but I can tell I have change shaped significantly - even with AAM

When I did lighter life as part of the CBT therapy you keep thought records. They really helped me up until I got pregnant. Looking back I confused a pregnant stomach with being fat and my inner demons said, your fat what's the point. So here I am again!

I did twelve weeks on LL without a break and didn't eat any food at all, I was too scared it would stop working! I lost over three stone and felt unbelievably happy.

Once I start eating again in about eleven weeks I will definitely be using thought records again I found them really helpful.

In fact I'd like to do more CBT, has anyone done any and got any ideas?

Good luck everybody!

CBT - Cognitive behaviour therapy

Hi there guys, I'm brand new and hopefully gonna be starting Exante in the next few weeks.

I've always wondered why Cambridge has said you can do 12 weeks before you have to add a meal, and Exante says 4 AND 12. I e-mailed them asking and they said that '4 is what they recommend'.

Have you had any averse effects Bettyme?

I think they might say it because you don't have to have your Dr's approval to start the diet.

I didn't eat food for twelve weeks on lighter life and I don't intend to on Exante. I didn't have any side effects, in fact I felt great!

For me adding food is not a good idea, I'm all or nothing. It's better for me to just keep going until the fat's gone, stop start just doesn't work for me.

Wisney said:
Hi there guys, I'm brand new and hopefully gonna be starting Exante in the next few weeks.

I've always wondered why Cambridge has said you can do 12 weeks before you have to add a meal, and Exante says 4 AND 12. I e-mailed them asking and they said that '4 is what they recommend'.

Have you had any averse effects Bettyme?

Hello I am just starting week six. I started to add a light meal in week five but gave up after three days, I was just not hungry and not actually having three packs. So I went back to three packs. This last week I felt I needed some protein so added a meal on Wednesday. I feel fine and know I am losing weight but I only weigh monthly.
I believe in listening to your body. If it feels fine it probably is. The other reason for adding a meal is that it gives your metabolism a kick. The body wonderfully adjusts to a VLCD and weight loss can plateau for some. Hence adding a meal then going back on to TS tricks your body into shedding pounds again.

Hope this helps. GSQ

Getslimquick said:
Hello I am just starting week six. I started to add a light meal in week five but gave up after three days, I was just not hungry and not actually having three packs. So I went back to three packs. This last week I felt I needed some protein so added a meal on Wednesday. I feel fine and know I am losing weight but I only weigh monthly.
I believe in listening to your body. If it feels fine it probably is. The other reason for adding a meal is that it gives your metabolism a kick. The body wonderfully adjusts to a VLCD and weight loss can plateau for some. Hence adding a meal then going back on to TS tricks your body into shedding pounds again.

Hope this helps. GSQ

Actually start week 7 on Monday. Where does the time go?

The metabolism kick thing makes sense I guess. I'm going to be doing weight training along with this, so hopefully the metabolism won't slow down too much. It's also the only exercise I like doing, lol.

I'm very much 'all or nothing' too, so i guess going without the food will be way easier. I ordered my packs today! :D

Back