Week 7 of RTM- beans and pulses....can you have too much?

Discussion in 'Route to Management' started by jazz_egy, 22 May 2009 Social URL.

1. jazz_egy

jazz_egy Member

Hi there im on week 7 on route to management and im reitroducing beans and pulses and i had a can of chikpeas (230g drained weight) for lunch... i didnt know if i was overdoing it...and i was just wondering if i should be a bit weary of beans and their calories??

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Minerva

Minerva ...passing through.

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    16:8 & CC // VLCD
    Personally I never have a whole tin in one sitting - it's a bit much. The protein count in them is quite high - so it almost counts like a protein choice with some carb mixed in, in those quantities. If I'm cooking I have about half a tin which is shared between myself and my partner. So quarter?
    If you are planning to have chickpeas, at least in the first week or two of having them introduced - stick to about a third of a tin. Calories aren't everything in the world, all the other things matter too! Protein count, fibre, carbohydrate (and sugars).

Good luck! :)
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.