Week 7

dunlop73

Silver Member
Hi
I'm getting a bit worried about my weigh-ins. Just under 3lbs this week which is the third week out of the last four I've had only a modest loss. My pharmacist (who is fantastic) says if I don't have at least 5 pounds off next week we'll have to think again about the way forward. He says men should lose about 1 and a half stones a month and while my larger losses at the start mean I am just about on target at the moment, if you just look at the last month I am way short.
I am coping pretty well on LT I think, and I love the fact that there are no choices to make as such, but I don't know what else I can do to get the losses I need. To keep making the effort I need to see decent results. Has this happened to anyone else?

Jon

aww sorry you're having probs hun x

i sometimes lose 2lb which does make you question 'is it worth not eating for'?.
you've done great but can totally understand needing to see bigger losses to keep you motivated.

why don't you try a few more weeks and see how it goes.

are you drinking enough?
can't really ask about exercise as i do none and don't think it affects losses too much.

have you taken measurements?
when i lose the 2lb i notice i lose a huge amount of inches.8inches some weeks.
when i lost 5lb i didn't lose any inches.

hope you sort this out hun.
best of luck for a better loss next weigh in x

Hmmm .. i think thats unfair of your pharmacist to say as any loss is a loss in the right direction and its unfair for him/her to say you need to get 5lbs off next week - you cant just magic your body to do something it obviously doesnt want to. There could well be and underlying problem as to why you are not losing the reccomended amount but thats cause for concern which should be taken up with your doc so have a trot off to the docs and explain to him if your worried about it. Although i've think youve done amazing so far so keep it up :) xxx

Thanks Joanne and Tanya
I am drinking at least 3 litres a day (and usually more) but haven't ever measured myself. I know I am smaller - all my trousers are loose, my watch needs a link taking out of it and even my shoes don't stay on properly, but I still want to see decent losses on the scales - and I want rid of my double chin and the moobs!!! I'll get over it and will definitely carry on - can't think what else I can do? My GP is a a bit sceptical about LT - he keeps going on about balanced diets and exercise (like I don't understand!) so I am reticent to go to him. My plan was to go and see him in January when I will no longer be obese (hopefully!!).

Love
Jon
xx

I agree with Tanya I tink its cruel your pharmacist saying that! Im losing at a much slower rate now but i know its coz i have less to lose but still 3lbs is brilliant its much more than you wud lose on any other diet.

However Maybe you shud get checked out by your doctor as you do seem to lose less than wat ive seen other men lose who are the same size as you!

But i tink if you want to continue on Lt even if your losing slowly then it shud be YOUR choice not the pharmacist's and they shud not be giving you a weekly goal like dat you cant control it.

I've not said it very well - my pharmacist is really supportive - he wasn't trying to tell me what to do - just that in his experience men generally lose more than I have recently, and he was unsure why. He really was only trying to be helpful and they are a great pharmacy (IMHO) - when I finish LT they run a 12 week refeeding programme which I hope will get me back on the right track when I'm ready.

Jon
x

Oh i see thats good so! just do wat you tink is right hun! But i still tink 3lbs a week is brilliant just might take a bit longer but at least it is coming off! that programme sounds great wat kind of stuff do they do?

First they steer you through the proper LT refeed week, then using LT maintenance OR some Cambridge Diet stage (I don't know anything about that yet) OR just healthy eating, they try to get you on the straight and narrow. You keep going every week to get weighed and have your consultation just like on LT, and keep a detailed food diary. I think it costs £5 a week. They are a brilliant pharmacy (IMHO) and really seem to care unlike the clowns I went to at the beginning.

Jon
x

Thats a good loss and at least you are losing and not staying the same or *horrors* putting on.... When you get to that stage that is when the Pharmacist should be "laying down the law" :). As long as you keep on losing why should they be worried about how much - are they on commision for each pound lost or something !?! Your losses might increase again in the future.

Keep up the good work you are doing fabulously :D :D

Thanks for all the encouragement. I do feel a bit low about it all at the moment and I could REALLY do with a decent loss next Monday, just so I feel it's all worthwhile. I'm going to try and do a bit more walking this week (it's half term!!) and see if that makes a difference.

Jon
xxx

just wanted to add that you are a quarter of the way there in 7 weeks... regardless of the slowing down you are still way on tartget for march 2010.. dont loose sight of the big picture.. you are aiming for your goal weight.. you have given yourself a time frame to get there, and you are totally on track, heading in the right direction and will succeed...
Decent results are what you are getting... if you werent on lipotrim i am sure you know how easy it would be to put on three pounds in a week.... eating heaven and health hell.. every pound you loose, be it one in a week or ten in a week is helping you get closer to what you want.. a healthy and svelte body, and a happier and content mind... so chin up.... you are on track for your goal.. dont let the short term ruin your long term!!! xxx

don't worry mate your losses will come back up i had a few 3lbs losses and was peed off but stick to it its all good in the end i keep having one low loss and one larger one and it pisses me off but its coming off just keep drinking that water and just do some light exercise and don't over do it your body will only lose what it wants to up to a point when it has no option so hang on in there:D

Don't stress too much about this. You are doing very well. You have lost the best part of three stone in seven weeks. Okay, so you are not losing as fast as some men do but you will get there in the end. You are doing great and keep at it.

Back