WEEK 8 WEIGH IN: DISAPPOINTING

JodieJoJo

Silver Member
Only lost a pound this week:(

That means 7lbs in the past 3 weeks which i think is pretty poor:(

Will need a big loss next week to make up for it but worried that wont happen:sigh:

Trying not to get down about it as I know you have to look at this diet in 4 week chunks to get a true idea of how much you are losing.

Its still half a stone off.

I know how you feel, I was terrible for comparing my losses to everyone else when I started as I need to see results fast.

But you are right, look at the bigger picture of your loss.
You are doing fab x x

jodiejojo, I'm sorry to hear you only lost a pound, I can't say that I wouldn't be upset too cos I would, I don't want to patronise you but you are right to look at it over the month and not the week. Usually a low loss is followed by a big loss. We can only hope that we only have a few small losses and plenty of big ones.

I hope you're not feeling too low about this hun.

big hugs, 7lb in 3 weeks is great when you think about it. i would put money on a bigger loss next week hun, I really would.

xx sj xx:character00238: you're doing so well.

try not to be too disappointed JJJ. You are at healthy BMI now so your losses are bound to be slower than those of us with much higher BMI's.

If it makes you feel any better I have only lost 9lb in the last three weeks, and 11lbs in the last 4 weeks and I am still obese. At least its not a gain. I cant pretend that I wasnt gutted with just 1lb last week while others were having better losses than me.

Try to look on the bright side. You are a healthy weight now, and less than 1 stone from your goal.

Stay positive mate.

Hi JodieJoJo,

I too had a 1lb loss this week so know how you are feeling:(

Just remember you had a great loss last week and I'm sure you will next week too. 1lb is still a loss at the end of the day. (someone posted a great poem about 1lb loss earlier this week I think)

Also, I am beginning to think that this last stone is going to be the hardest I have had to work on this diet - if that makes sense?

Good luck for the upcoming week

Found this on another thread

Hope this helps Jodiejojo

Hello, do you know me?
If you don't you should. I'm a pound of fat, and I'm the happiest pound of fat that you would ever want to meet. Want to know why?

It's because no one ever wants to lose me; I'm Only One Pound, just a pound. Everyone wants to lose three pounds, five pounds or fifteen pounds, but never only one, so I just stick around and happily keep you fat.

Then I add to myself ever so slyly so that you never seem to notice it, that is until I've grown to ten, twenty or even more pounds in weight. Yes, it's fun being Only One Pound of fat, left to do as I please.

So, when you weigh in, keep right on saying "Oh, I only lost one pound." (as if that were such a terrible thing!)

For you see, if you do this you'll encourage others to keep me around because they will think I'm not worth losing. And I love being around you - your arms, your legs, your chin, your hips and every part of you. Happy Days!!

After all, I'm Only One Pound of fat!!!

You are doing realy well

Found this on another thread

Hope this helps Jodiejojo

Hello, do you know me?
If you don't you should. I'm a pound of fat, and I'm the happiest pound of fat that you would ever want to meet. Want to know why?

It's because no one ever wants to lose me; I'm Only One Pound, just a pound. Everyone wants to lose three pounds, five pounds or fifteen pounds, but never only one, so I just stick around and happily keep you fat.

Then I add to myself ever so slyly so that you never seem to notice it, that is until I've grown to ten, twenty or even more pounds in weight. Yes, it's fun being Only One Pound of fat, left to do as I please.

So, when you weigh in, keep right on saying "Oh, I only lost one pound." (as if that were such a terrible thing!)

For you see, if you do this you'll encourage others to keep me around because they will think I'm not worth losing. And I love being around you - your arms, your legs, your chin, your hips and every part of you. Happy Days!!

After all, I'm Only One Pound of fat!!!

You are doing realy well

THIS IS GREAT FOR MOTIVATION, I could really picture a pound of FAT, pure fat, yuk!!!

Jodiejojo, wow, you're so close to target hun!!!! xx sj xx

thanks everyone - i've just posted on the daily to you maggie = you have lifted me up :thankyou:

Not quite in the healthy bmi yet - .1 to go! lol

Thanks for all your support xx

I think you've done fab so far, 1lb is still a loss and better than a gain.

You have done really well Jodie.... and 1 lb is still a lb off.

My weight loss is sluggish despite sticking to the SS plan 100%. I have to say I am a little disappointed but having just read that poem I am re-inspired

Dawn xx

Back