week off

Sarah2439

Hi all,

I had a week off the diet last week, I was sick of chicken, cottage cheese, eggs and yogurt and I was really grumpy with it too. I still ate carefully, no bread or cheese, plently of water, but I had some very small portions of carbs, I felt I needed a week to re-set. I was pleasantly surprised when I weighed myself and acutally hadnt put any weight on!! This proves to me that when I reach my goal weight I can introduce a few carbs with out the weight gain and spurs me on to my goal!

Anyway I've been back on it since Friday and I'm already down three pounds, my energy is up and I'm loving Dukan again. I'm investing in a recipie book to try and broaden my horizons with Dukan friendly food.

Hope everyones well and losses are still coming

Sazzle x

You have dome well to get to 8 weeks & be bored lol I'm 3 weeks in & like that already but only because I'm limited on what I can eat..

That's good though that you didn't put on any weight. What have you done gone back to doing a few PP days or just the normal PP days & PV days

I think its fine to take a break if you can't carry on. The book actually says if you lose some weight and feel you have had enough you can consolidate whatever you have lost, then carry on when you are ready. That way you wont undo whatever you would have achieved.

I think its fine to take a break if you can't carry on. The book actually says if you lose some weight and feel you have had enough you can consolidate whatever you have lost, then carry on when you are ready. That way you wont undo whatever you would have achieved.

I'm definitely going to quote this when I can't face any more low fat protein products! :break_diet:

Green.... as long as you dont consolidate 1lb at a time!!!!!

Ha ha. You know too much! x

Eccab77 said:

Good to know! Although I don't think Dr D would approve my versions of 'breaks'!!!!!

I had a 'break' last week when i went to a fabulous beach resort for a conference. stuck to the eating plan more or less (5 days of PV) but decided to allow alcohol. and not just a glass of wine, but 3 or 4 cocktails a night... gained half a kg but i'm back on track the week after.

it is good to know you can do that and then just pick things up again, instead of doing a massive binge that derails you. i'm hoping to continue Cruise without any more breaks, but I did dream about biscuits the other night... :p

i'm hoping to continue Cruise without any more breaks, but I did dream about biscuits the other night... :p
Strangely I haven't dreamed or missed the traditional carby products so but blimey I miss fruit.

yes, that is tough, especially since others can't really understand why you're not allowed to eat something so 'healthy'. my poor hubby comes along with a bowl of mango and melon every morning and asks me if i can have any, and i just have to say no... :( But as Dr. Dukan says, you have to just put the banned foods out of your mind for now, as you'll be able to eat them again soon!

The week off has done me the world of good to be honest and I dont feel so bad now I know the good Dr allows it. I'm back on track and its really kick started my weight loss again.

Sazzle x

Sarah2439 said:
The week off has done me the world of good to be honest and I dont feel so bad now I know the good Dr allows it. I'm back on track and its really kick started my weight loss again.

Sazzle x

That's the important thing! Good luck sazzle!

I went off the plan for one week and like you been careful and allowed myself some carbs. I felt so hungry in between meals and all my cravings came back, I managed to get back to the safety of ketosis but it made me more aware of the dangers of not following the stages properly, its a dangerous game

Back