Week One - Have weighed myself and its not as good as I had hoped

Hi all,

I have been looking on threads for advice and help and have noticed that the on week one the average weight in is between 8 and 11 pounds.

I have stuck to the diet and have only lost 6.5 pounds :(

Can anybody tell me if this is normal and will the weight loss excelerate in week two.

thanks

The first weeks weight loss includes your stored carbs in the form of water and glycogen - so if you were not a complete carb addict or had cut down on carbs in preperation then that may account - are you drinking lots of water - as advised ? could you be retaining some? Also those with the bigger losses often are those with the higher BMI's to start with - you've lost nearly half a stone in the first week - it's a great loss really -please don't be disheartened

I'll second the water thing. If I slack off a bit one day it definitely shows the next. I always drink plenty of water at least 3 litres a day in addition to my shakes/soups/bars. Another thing that affects it is my monthly cycle. In the week before and even the first few days of it I retain about 3-4lbs in fluid so if you are due on this can affect it. I have a friend who had a hysterectomy but she had the same every 4 weeks like clockwork she would have a difference of 4lbs. The ovaries still create the hormone changes so it makes lots of little changes in your body which make you retain fluid.

The bottom line is, everyone is different. Although you are dissapointed 6.5lbs is still great. It's next week when it's the actual fat that comes off you will really feel the boost. Stick with it, drink the water and try and spread your shakes/bars/soups out evenly in the day. Good luck

Marie

6.5lbs is a fab loss- please don't be disheartened. As has been said you don't have as much as others to lose anyway so the loss is bound to be propotionate with your BMI. Keep motivated, keep drinking and keep going- you are doing great x

I lost 4lbs in my first week and I was 100%.

Everyone is different!!! Please don't worry. 6.5lbs is amazing! I've never lost that in a week despite being 100%!!!!

thanks everyone for your advice, I will definitely keep going and doing what I am doing hopefully this sort of weight loss will continue. Am going to start doing a bit of exercise after this week and hopefully that will excelerate the weight loss too :)

I lost 6.5 lbs in my first week & I was buzzing I have never ever on a diet lost more than 3 lbs in the first week.......6.5lb is excellent keep it up

6.5lb is fabulous! Well done x

Back