WEEK ONE - MAINTAINED

Getslimquick

Been liberated by Exante!
So after one week, I have stayed the same weight.
I thought the Christmas cake mix might have blown it - but the dried fruit, nuts and butter sugar mix were irresistible. It did make me feel a bit sick though! Cake safely cooked and stored out of harm's way. What is it about raw cake mix? Something from childhood, licking the bowl out I think.

So the rest? - How did it work.

Breakfast and lunch - shake and soup. Evening meal - a meal like Add a Meal week' - salmon and vegetables one night, home made soup another (with home made bread) , steak last night. I still love cooking and creating meals from raw ingredients - but I have been on leave from the kitchen for eight months. Its good to be back.

I think I need to eat like a slim person, sounds simple but the not so slim people eat a large slice of cake in Costa coffee, add chips to their meals in restaurants and probably consistently make the wrong choices.

This might sound smug but not really I was a fat person for years, convincing myself that quite a lot of wine, crisps and nuts, a bit of cake, a few chips, biscuits, butter on bread etc. did not matter. But of course I now know it really does.

Obesity is an awful disease, no one actually wants to be fat. Its tough to get the weight off but the joys of being slim are immeasurable. Yesterday I bought a jacket for work - size 10! Now - That beats the taste of any cake in Costas.

GSQ

Fantastic GSQ your transition from packs to food is going well. I think I would have difficulty in portion control but after living on 600cals a day goes to show we don't 'need' much more.
xx

Obesity is an awful disease, no one actually wants to be fat. Its tough to get the weight off but the joys of being slim are immeasurable. Yesterday I bought a jacket for work - size 10! Now - That beats the taste of any cake in Costas.

GSQ

Was it kate moss who said that being slim felt better than any food could taste. I remember there being so much controversy over that statement but all i could think was - that is true! and whats wrong with that. When i tried on a pair of size 14 trousers and they fitted - the first time since i was about 15 - i almost burst out crying!

Fantastic achievement GSQ - I bet you couldn't be happier!

nursetubs said:
Fantastic GSQ your transition from packs to food is going well. I think I would have difficulty in portion control but after living on 600cals a day goes to show we don't 'need' much more.
xx

Thank you, you are doing so well nurse tubs. It's true we were all probably brought up on portion sizes designed for heavy manual labour! Now we are less active, drive instead of walking and have food processed into bite size calories intensive bites we now have ample opportunity to eat far more than we need. I was so good at fat storage too, ready for the next world famine.

Keep going NT and join shopper holics with me.

GSQ.

cybill said:
Oooh, the shopaholic end goal sounds fun. A size 10, that's an amazing achievement!

It's fantastic. Such fun, today I realised that I need a winter coat, I travel by bus most of the time and today it was freezing. The choice is fantastic, duffle coat, padded jacket, winter wool, fitted, loose, belt, buckle, full length, three quarters, poppers, buttons ....... Lots of sales about, on line millions.

To think I used think I wonder where I will find something that fits! this is the most amazing and delightful experience. Thank you Universe.

Maintaining carefully but loving my home made bread rolls, I may have to limit this to a once a week treat.

GSQ

Back