Step 1 Sole Source Week one weigh in on SS

Yazz

Hi my name is Yasmin, I'm 35 married mother of two girls. Here's how my diary of my first week on SS went.......
My height is 5'6

30/05/13 - starting weight.... Weight 14.6 (I've been in denial)

The first week has been really hard, the hunger hasn't really gone, although it has got easier as I felt like I could have killed somebody the first few days, I was so moody with it. I even had a can of tuna (in spring water) on Sunday, just to stop me falling off the wagon completely!

6/6/13 first week complete..... Weight 13.12 = 8lb loss! I also lost 4ins off my hips and 2ins off waist! Now if that isn't encouragement, I don't know what is! It's been hard, but has paid off, and it's made me even more determined to shift this fat.

wow thats amazing well done:happy096:
im on day 6 still feeling hungry but im so hoping for a big loss this week!
keep up the good work!
xx

Have you weighed yourself at all? I had a rough idea, as I weighed myself at home to (I'm 2 pound lighter on mine) however I didn't want to get to obsessed, and I wanted the surprise of my 'official weigh in' ? good luck and let me know how you get on

Hello Yasmin,

Thank you for posting. This is inspirational.
I began yesterday and I'm really struggling. So hearing about your success is very helpful.
So a weekly weight in?
I'm so obsessive about it - I feel like I shouldn't look at the scales, but I feel the urge each time I walk by them.

Hi yazz, im starting ss tomorrow I hope!, I have managed last year to do 38 days and lose 25 pounds but have gained it back and feel horrid and cant get any clothes on - annoying and depressing. Always had weight issues but am now online to get some encouragement from others to make me stick at it this time, need day to day chats so im hoping someone can help me ? I also have three kids so stress and a heavy loaded job dosent help!

Hi Kitty, I think jumping on the scales is alright now and again, but you can't let it take over your life!

I did SS 6 years ago as I didn't want to be fat and 30! It worked I lost 35lb, but I didn't work my way down the plans. However I did manage to keep it off for a few years, the slowly since its crept back on. Then I gave up smoking on 4/2/13 and put 21lb on since then!! I had one of 'those' moments, I saw my reflection in our French windows, and it took me a second to realise I was looking at myself! I had been in major denial! This is my second chance, and I'm more determined than ever, as I don't want to end up back here with regrets when I'm 40! Good luck

Oh I love that Kate Moss quote "Nothing tastes as good, as skinny feels" not that I'll ever be skinny! I haven't got the bone structure for it ? just a nice comfortable size 12, would be lovely

Lol ..... I love it !!! I have a cup that says nothing's feels as good as fitting in your skinny jeans !!!

* Pink cactus *

I love your post its so similar to me my start weight was 14s 2oz and my weigh in is tomorrow morning :-/ I'm really excited :) sad I know lol
I am 5ft 7in and have 2 kids and piled on the weight after my little girl and struggled to shift it I've done ww and sw and just not satisfied with 1 & 2lb so fingers crossed for tomorrow :-D

Good luck Emma, this diet works, fact. If you follow it 100% even though I had a can of tuna, I chose that because I knew it had no carbs I it to throw me out of ketosis, but lots of lovely protein to fill me up :)

However I've had a kick in the guts :( it's a long story, but the end result is I haven't got a job as of yesterday :( so I can't afford CWP. However I don't want 'money' to be the reason I fail at this. At the end of the day if I came off this I'd have to buy food right? So I've been doing some research, and I'm thinking of moving over to Slim & Save, their variety of food options is brilliant, and a lot cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Oh interesting! I've not heard of it! Is it that the same diet just no carbs? Your right it is very expensive but that's because it works isn't it that's y I gave up before because of the cost x

Yeah it seem brill! I'm so excited, I've ordered a trial pack, to see if I like it. There is a section on this forum for it, they've got a good Facebook group page too. I love Cambridge, I just can't afford it, but I can't give up on losing weight :)

Exante is Amazing check it out £108 for a month or there is a special on ATM, next day free delivery Banana is yummy x

Exante is Amazing check it out £108 for a month or there is a special on ATM, next day free delivery Banana is yummy x

I had a look at Exante, I didn't want to commit to a month in case I didn't like it, and it didn't have the variety Slim & Save have got, but I'll bare them in mind if I don't like S&S :)

Morning Emma, well done on the loss! I didn't start to feel better until day 9, and even then I wouldn't say I was on top of the world. Keep plodding on x

Hello Yazz, all,

Good job on keeping the momentum going. Sorry to hear about you losing your job Yazz. That's a bummer.

My Exante order arrived today and I just had the toffee, raisin and nut bar. It was a bit dry, but nice. Kind of like the CWP one. CPW was working out at too much. Hope being on my own with you guys at this site will be enough of support and motivation. So far it's been ace.

I'm so excited about losing weight. I can't wait to be out of the 13 stone zone. Was 13st 4lbs this morning, so nearly there :)

xxx

Morning Kitty, well my Slim & save order should arrive today, but I'm going to wait until Friday until I use them once my CWP has run out. I've looked all through the S&S section on this site, and I'm sure I've made the right decision. I'm really excited about it, and I even think I would have changed over anyway (without losing my job, hence the money worries) with the wide variety and what people have done with the 'meal' packs it untrue!

How are you doing Emma? x

Hiya!
I'm going ok but seem to have lost it abit this week feeling so tired and energyless I really am not enjoying my food at all. I'm beginning to feel deprived I use to look forward to dinner time with my family and now I really don't because my food is so boring and yucky it actually turns my stomach. My partner wants me to come off the diet but I just wish I enjoyed what I was eating. I'm fine all day apart from feeling so tired oh and I'm feeling hungry this week again.
Sorry I have written an essay xx

Hi Yazz, all,

Exante is working out for me. So far so good. I've decided I'm going to weight myself twice a week to break my obsessive habit and then slowly wean myself to once a week. That way, I won't stress if I've made no change every single day.

How are you all doing today?

I'm having a starving day myself :) And no, not feeling the distaste for food so far or the lack of hunger people keep talking about.

Back