1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice

WEEK ONE

Discussion in 'Weight Loss Diaries' started by MissGiggle, 17 January 2014 Social URL.

1. MissGiggle

MissGiggle Member

So I thought a lot about how I was going to go about losing the weight, and decided calorie counting was the best option as it's a much easier lifestyle change to maintain, as it means that I can still enjoy a naughty treat without it being "cheating" on the diet. That means it fits with my very social lifestyle easily, and actually doesn't require making a massive change which means it is something I can maintain.

I aim to eat a net calorie intake of between 1200 - 1700 per day. I'm using myFitnessPal to help. This week I had one day that was over the calorie goal, and one day that was significantly under the goal (not intentional) and the remaining days I successfully managed it.

I started walking daily, going for specifically long walks, or going to a super market further away and not taking the car etc. I'm using Striiv for the iPhone which is a pedometer which estimates the calories burned - very very useful.

For my first week I have lost 0.8kg, which is 1.76lbs. I am happy with this as my target is at least 1lb per week.

I have managed to lose this weight despite having pizza, cocktails, cider, cake, and chocolate!!! That's because I have the bad things in much lower quantities, and I don't ignore them now and say its ok I'll start again tomorrow. I put them in the calorie counter, and then aim to walk off the extra calories. The rest of my meals consisted of soup, vegetables and salads with some noodles/cous cous so generally its been very healthy.

I am very happy with this first week, and I can't wait to actually see results!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. MrsGinger

MrsGinger Well-Known Member

Subscribing :)

I'm calorie counting too. Good luck and nice loss this week x

4. MissGiggle

MissGiggle Member

Aw thank you :) I think calorie counting is the simplest way, or at least it is for me personally, obviously everyone is different. Good luck on your goal also! x