week three weigh in

Helcatt

Am a bit disappointed, finished up with a 1 lb gain

But, my period arrived and I had 4 days off plan, so only 1 lb is actually good. Have been known to gain 7 with the arrival of af alone

Have been good since Monday, so only 2 days, not really enough to recover, but sticking to it this week will shift that, and more, I hope.

Now that my body is not in. quite so much shock over small portion sizes, I am trying to work our where to factor on some exercise now. Think a few swims to start with but I do really like the lbt class, but boy, is it hard work

DH was shocked with my resolve yesterday, a baked banana load with the kids and I didn't eat any (did have a sneaky lick of the spoon after mixing-yum) I world normally have finished it off!

Hx

Trying to diet AND carry on a 'normal' life is so hard. Things keep cropping up that involve food and drink.

Had a suprise weekend away and it was fab, but even with me trying to watch what I eat and not drink to excess, it almost feels like I'm un doing all the Weeks hard work over the weekend. And its so hard, feel like a party pooper, instead letting go and having fun. Had been on track for a 2 lb loss but......

And we're away next weekend and the following one I have a conference to attend.

Ah well, at last I'm not still gaining....

A friend reviews for the Guardian Guide, he was saying he reviewed a very good programme that was looking in to the eating habits of the nation, need to check when its on, sounded fascinating

Hi Helcatt, don't be disheartened. I've gone through the same stage as you .. you feel like you work hard for a bit and then it's all for nothing. Well it's not, believe me. You're probably right in thinking you'd have put on more weight if you were still following your old habits. I had a few business trips close together and then some social events and on at least 2 weigh-ins I'd put on weight. But on a sneaky weigh-in mid-week, found I'd lost that weight again and got back down for the next weigh-in. So you can just do what you can. Just making some small changes helped me when I was eating out, eg. avoiding the bread basket, choosing fish and veg rather than steak and chips, sorbet rather than sticky toffee pudding (hard cos that's one of my faves!). It really will be worth it. Look ahead and see the times when you know you're more in control and look forward to then. I like the fact I'm not going away for the next 2 weeks so I can control what I eat. Then I have a family get-together so will have a night off. I had planned to go to the gym several times over the bank holiday weekend but I've been unwell so didn't do any exercise. I feel more relaxed about that now because I've come so far but had it been a few months ago, I'd have probably been more agitated that I didn't go. It's just cos you want to do well and it's frustrating cos these things come and get in your way. But I guess life's always going to be like that and we have to learn to work around these things. So don't get hung up about it, do what you can (but still enjoy yourself), and you'll still see good results come your way, even if it's not a directly linear progression but you're still headed the right way!

Good luck. Don't give up - you'll be so glad you didn't!

Back