weekend away...feel like failure already

debtin

Gold Member
HI everyone, just lookin for bit of advice really. IT'S only my second week on sw and we had this weekend away planned for ages. as far as I was aware the buffet style food would have fresh salad, baked potatoes etc so thought I would manage relatively ok but potatoes been shriveled and salad not the best. PAID upfront so its not that easy to leave complex and go elswhere, esp as hubby and kids like choice food. feel like am failing cos already had sausage bacon egg that clearly wasn't grilled. WILL it be possible to get back on track? weigh in is Tuesday and dunno whether I should change weigh in day?

HI everyone, just lookin for bit of advice really. IT'S only my second week on sw and we had this weekend away planned for ages. as far as I was aware the buffet style food would have fresh salad, baked potatoes etc so thought I would manage relatively ok but potatoes been shriveled and salad not the best. PAID upfront so its not that easy to leave complex and go elswhere, esp as hubby and kids like choice food. feel like am failing cos already had sausage bacon egg that clearly wasn't grilled. WILL it be possible to get back on track? weigh in is Tuesday and dunno whether I should change weigh in day?

If you had been led to expect that there would be jacket potatoes and salad then you should complain that the quality is not so good. Maybe they don't have many people wanting those things, so they don't bother to keep them freshly supplied.

If you have paid for something you are entitled to it!

Try not to worry too much. You went prepared to make the right choices, thats half the battle. Sometimes life gets in the way & you can't eat to plan.

You could try to increase your fruit & veg intake till weigh in to counteract some of the off plan food, but really don't worry about it. You have NOT failed, you just hit a bit of a speed bump :) you'll get over it - i promise!!

I feel your angst!

Just returned from Florida - gained 9.5lb in 2 weeks and similar thing in that we had the Disney Dining Plan - i.e. prepaid meals and a waste of money as it was worth approx £400-500 - so no point having that and then buying healthy instead.

Remember it is how you do AFTER the break what counts. Put a line under it, and get back on plan - it will be a memory in no time. I keep telling myself this lol.

Steve

Steve - have to say i think you should be proud of putting on a relatively small amount given the size of portions, abundance of fried food, and the fact they seem to add sugar to EVERYTHING in the USA

I know what you mean Kingleds - I decided to just go for it and put it right later. I think it was because I was, sorry, I AM a 100%er usually - it was a spectacular fall lol.

Anyway, I hope it made Debtin fell better with a bit of perspective. Even my 9.5lb gain will not be a failure once it comes off again.

Merely a blip;)

Im in my 3rd week of sw now and I had this weekend away too, booked ages ago as a present.

I went with a plan of enjoying myself, but to a point. I wi on wednesday and from now im going to try get lots of super free and free foods down me and lots of water!!

I dont regret eating the chinese or the yummy cooked breakfasts at all, I enjoyed it as a treat and now im back on it. Its a lifestyle choice ive made so a few days off on holiday wont make much difference to the over all effect of slimming world......I hope!!!! lol

Good luck for getting back on track and hope you had a great time away!

Back