Weekend Blues...

elle2585

8 t whole wheel of cheese
Guys I had the most awful weekend. Feeling a bit crap - my mum and nan got together and cooked loads of food so I ate quite a lot and my little sister had two open packets of M&Ms which I kept snatching from! Thank goodness I didn't cave in and have the cake or the chips my mum made on saturday!! Poo :( But i'm determined not to let it make me falter. Today I've done well so far :) (apart from being accosted by a strange man at the post office who asked me if I was still a spinster - but that's a whole other story...)

I haven't told my family about my diet because i know my mum and she'd try and control it. She'd always question whether i'm doing it right, whether i'm allowed to eat the thing i'm eating in front of her etc... I could do without the hassle.

End of essay, lol. Hope your weekends were better than mine?

xxx

Plus- 'helpful' people who offer 'advice' about healthy eating often don't know what they're talking about! My Mum (Bless) could never understand why I couldn't live on a diet of potatoes- and I mean a plate stacked with them- "Sure they're only vegetables- how can they make you fat!?" Or the 'friend' - "Go on, sure one won't hurt?"
As for your 'bad' weekend- you're back on here so you must still be motivated- thats a good thing right? Remember- it's one day at a time- we ALL fall off the wagon now and then. I try & identify 'danger' times (for me its family gatherings too!) and try & work out a stratgey that won't scupper my efforts?

yep i absolutely agree on the planning thing, fantastic idea:) next time i'll try and plan something and at least be aware of what i'm eating. it's easy to just forget and keep going for the bad thing. i think it's called...willpower. Hehe... I really dont have much x

im sure you have plenty of willpower its just being as bit shy at the minute and hiding, feed it nice food and give it confidence to come out

lol thanks kazzy i'll try... one great thing about this forum: when i'm bored at work, whereas before i'd eat, now i'm come on here and talk about not eating! haha

yeah im like that sitting in house thinking of food so i type about it instead its less fattening lol

PMSL!! @ you all- I do the same....I'm on 3 different sites about weight loss & calorie counting! I figure if I'm typing then I'm not eating! That has to be good- right?!

Haha! Three?! Nice work, need to try and find one site for each craving lol. "aaaah i need chocolate, it's minimin's turn to feel my craving wrath..." lol

Dito ladies!

I really like to get on after work but hubby does night shift and the computers in our room... Nevermind.

Elle lots of water babe and keep me updated tomorrow! I'm going to post my eating plan in my diary and check it off during the day.

Bren
XX

i used to try and write everything i ate down ;P didnt keep it up for long though and i would try and not have junk food for a month, i lasted 2 weeks heh!

bren shift the computer or the hubby whatevers easiest lol

bren shift the computer or the hubby whatevers easiest lol

hahaha that's made me chuckle (but quietly so the boss man doesnt hear!)

as far as writing food down, i tried it too but got bored of it! lol. i'm useless sometimes i swear it. x

i couldnt write whay i eat down id get bored with it but im being very careful what i eat

I'm going to try and write down what I eat as I go rather than preplan the entire day as I think this is somehow setting me up for failure. I rebel against my own rules?

Bren
X

How are you feeling now after the weekend Elle?

I'm going to try and write down what I eat as I go rather than preplan the entire day as I think this is somehow setting me up for failure. I rebel against my own rules?

Bren
X

How are you feeling now after the weekend Elle?

Hi Bren! I had a cheeky look at the scales this morning, I don't want to say what they said but i'm very happy, my weekend didn't have as bad an affect as i expected! But i'm going to wait till friday to 'announce' my weightloss.

As far as dictating what I eat, i've done that before. I always found that it never went to plan. So if you feel the need to write things down then yeah, maybe it would be best to do it the other way around :)

Bren you're a star thanks for being so supportive :) xxx

Back