Weekend Hell - Having a bit of a rant!

First weekend on Lipotrim and I'm finding it difficult :(

A 'normal' weekend would consist of finishing work on Friday and heading straight to the pub till stupid o'clock - managed to get through that last night but it was tough - stayed in and drank my water :)

I'm going through the 'I'm not actually hungry but I just want to taste food' again - which is true, I'm fed up with the taste of water but I will get through this.

I've got a houseful tonight as usual on a Satuday - parents friends etc which would normally consist of copious amounts of alcohol and some good food - I will be tempted but I know that I wont cheat but it is gonna be torture :(

You can do it!!

Why not make up a big just of peppermint tea? and put it in the fridge and serve it with loads of ice cubes

It will be different from water and will feel like your own cocktail?

Its hard . theres no point in saying otherwise . there will always be temptation (especially at weekends) but you have to keep reminding yourself why you went on LT in the first place. Remember the feeling of going to the wardrobe and trying on tons of things and none look right and being almost in tears as you wear the same ould black top and jeans which you feel at least hides the bulges. (Ah yes i remember it well!!!!). This diet is fantastic . you will loose weight constantly if you stick to it 100% . When you have your first weigh in it will spur you on to the next weigh in . Only take this a week at a time and dont look too far ahead only as far as your next weigh in.Its worth it and its not for ever.

I'm making home made lasagne from scratch for my fella tonight for T - its a WW recipe, but he loves it and it's always been one of our favourites. He's been very supportive this week but I don't see why he should miss out on 'the good stuff' just because I'm doing LT so I said I didn't mind making it. I just hope that I can cope with cooking it and not trying the sauce or wanting any of it once it's done. I have been wondering and thinking 'what harm will it do?!?' but it's not worth it, I've done so well up to now and lost 9lb so far so fingers crossed I'll stay stong (lol) and resist!!

I knew that weekends would be tough but if I can get through the first weekend with the same determination thats got me through this past week, then I'll be fine from here on in.

Wish me luck xx

Good luck with the lasagne! I found the first few weekends hard too. They were the times I would pig out the most before LT, eating anything and everything. They were hard habits to break but they have been broken.

Cooking for family does get easier. I've cooked all through this and never cheated and neither will you. If you want to lose the weight enough then you wont. It really does get easier though and cooking and smelling food has really helped me get over my weak moments.

Its my first weekend too also finding it hard kids have had ham sandwiches for lunch and i just felt like scoffing the lot while i was making the hubby said he will do tea i am not hunrgy just want food i did make myself a hot choc shake last night with a peppermint teat and it was lovely just what i needed half way to first weigh in hanf in there x x

Hi,
well done on staying with it last night and I believe you will do the same tonight. I'm with Bev on this, the cooking and smells really help me, I cook for the 3 small boys I have, open crisps, hand out ice-cream, you name it but it doesn't bother me. The problem with habit is, it is what got us here in the first place, so cooking and not eating is a habit you have to put in place of the ones you need to change. You can do it. 9lb down already, that is a great incentive to get through this weekend. Imagine what the next weigh in will look like if you stick to this diet. Wishing you all the best.
Doirin

Hi Frustrated
I am with everyone else...congrats for getting through Friday night..I am sure you will get through saturday as well.

If you are determined to lose the weight once and for all, you will stay strong. Just think as soon as everyone has left and you have been strong how you will feel. You will be walking six feet tall then...but, if you eat, then you will feel so deflated and probably feel a failure.

I know why I would chose to stay strong! You will be ok and once you get through the first weekend, I am sure it wil be easier.

Your weight loss is great.....so keep going.

Take care

It is difficult to stick to this diet when there is temptation around. what I did was break it down into small pieces eg. 1st weighin then 2nd weighin then when I was midway through my 3rd week people started to say I was looking well:D once you get a few milestones under your belt the buzz will be so fanatstic that it will carry you through for another while x

I hit a wall today my middle sin wanted ham sandwich (again) for lunch i just stuffed a half a slice of wafer thin ham in my mouth before i knew it feel like ive let myself down and not even passed the first week it had 0.05g of carbs and 7cals in the half slice so i hope it doesnt make a diffrence on tuesday x

The one thing that has helped me more than anything to avoid temptation is to write down on a small note pad, the main reasons I'm doing this and what my goal is. I have also written a few quotations down. One good one is "They can, because they think they can!" by Virgil This note book has been with me all the time since I started, whenever I feel myself slipping I get it out and read the first few lines and it has not failed me yet.

Hope this helps.

MOVE AWAY FROM THE HAM !!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok this shouldnt be a big thing weight wise but what it could do is give you a habit of picking which you dont want to start . Hopefully this wont kick you out of ketosis but it would be a shame to not see a good weight loss this week after all your work. Good weigh ins are the best motivation and picking is just not worth wrecking that feeling.If you want to get the best from LT then you have to be 100% LT nothing else. :whoopass:

Yup totally agree with the above!

Think of it this way... A slice of ham today... what will it be next?

Good luck chick xxx

Back