Weekend Help Button

Shazzabir

Gold Member
I am setting up this thread for anyone in need of help over the weekend. This is the worst time for me, as temptation is everywhere and my will power is not as strong. I thought if I was tempted to eat pizza or anything else I shouldn't, then I could post here and someone could talk me out of it, or tell me to go and exercise!!

I am doing so well this week and really don't want to mess it up by making bad choices this weekend.

Or we could send someone round to hit you with a frying pan, lol!!!

Ding dong........... POW!!!

That might have more impact, lol :)

Well I have consumed 3/4 of a bottle of wine, but food wise I have stuck to the plan, so could have been worse! 2moro will be the challenge, as I'm going out for a meal and a few drinks!

Oh lindsey that made me giggle!

And brilliant idea for a thread - I always find weekends hard simply because I'm at home more!!

I need this thread today, started off so well with spinning and yoga, now cleaning kitchen and picking at rubbish and chocolate, please stop me and tie my hands up!

Hey ladies,

just remind yourself WHY you're doing all this.

Also a little tip I give my clients sometimes is wait just 10 mins. Sometimes the impulsive feeling to eat a load of chocolate or whatever will have gone, sometimes not.
If it has, great, then walk away and do something else feeling pleased with yourself. If not, then have a piece of what you want and enjoy it, no guilt & move on.

Has anyone read the Jason vale 7 day juicing diet?
It's really funny - he talks about getting a call from someone who is getting chocolate cravings, he tells her to eat it. She gets all stroppy and says, But I dont want to!! He says, ok well dont then. She shouts back WELL I WANT IT BUT I DONT WANT IT...
he then says, either eat it, or don't eat it, but either way stop shouting at me!!

Anyway, what i'm trying to say is that far too many women all beat themselves up about food - its 'just' food, right? And there to be enjoyed.

Happy Saturday everyone x
Jenni

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to the gym and already succumbed to a chocolate seashell! Luckily I'm very good at stopping at the *one* since I started CCing - but I'm thinking of having 2 samosas and salad for lunch! Uhohhhh

I find the weekends really hard too. What doesn't help I'd my hubby is one of those annoying types who can eat whatever he wants and not put on a pound! x

Not having a good weekend - met a friend for dinner last night and ate a fairly healthy meal topped off with a big chunk of cheesecake. Oh yes, and a margherita cocktail. Oh dear! I did have a very low amount of calories the day before due to difficulty in eating times so I guess that makes up for it. It probably won't make a difference to weight loss but I'm just pissed off with myself for lack of restraint. I'm going out for a meal again today and I am determined to make better choices!

Good luck with your meal today. It is difficult to make good choices when your looking through a menu of tempting food u shouldn't have!

In comes Lindsey with a very large frying pan...

... DONG!!!

Lol :)

The weekends are the worst for me too :(

Going for a girly weekend this weekend.. was thinking of drinking vodka and diet coke but who am i kidding there will be meals out, wine, shots?! Aaaargh HELP!!

I feel like I always do so well during the week and then pile it all back on at the weekends and it really doesn't help that my weigh in is on a Tuesday so I only have 2 days to try make up for the weekend. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! :)

What I've found helps if you're going out on a weekend evening:
1. Don't eat much during the day. Have low calorie foods, and SLOW RELEASE energy foods. Like start the day with a bowl of porridge, or low sugar cereal. Then don't eat much else...if you get hungry, have some soup or a piece of fruit.
2. Drink lots of water during the day to fill you up.
3. Drink a couple of glasses (or one big glass) of water BEFORE you go out, so your tummy will be fuller.
4. Exercise during the day.

RESULT:
You get to the restaraunt KNOWING you have been very good today. The slow release energy breakfast keeps your energy levels constant all day. Plus you have exercised and drank some water so your tummy is fuller...so you don't feel like ordering the super giant chicken wings and ribs and fries platter with ten glasses of wine (exaggeration!)

TIP: make sure you DRESS and LOOK and FEEL really sexy when you go out. This works for me because I feel more elegant and less like stuffing my face. I also remember why I'm dieting and I'm inspired to stick with it.

THEN...order something you LOVE, but order in a smaller portion and try not to go for the triple deep fried thing. So make a 'good' choice...either something unhealthy, but smaller...or something healthy and bigger. If you make a healthy choice, let yourself have dessert, or a cocktail or something like that. Smaller portions = smaller you.

TWO MORE TIPS:
1. Share your main with someone. OR order an entree as a main.
2. If you're really worried you'll be too hungry before you go out, have a large piece of fruit before dinner (large banana or apple only equals about 120 calories). Then, with that and the water you should be full enough to have a little of what you like (i.e. an entree size or share), but not feel the need to splurge.

AND OF COURSE...savour the food! And when everyone else orders dessert, if you're feeling really good you could order a skinny coffee or hot chocolate instead (about 100 calories compared to maybe 500 in a restaraunt dessert).

Happy weekends everyone! :)

That's pretty good advice supermagic :)

What I've found helps if you're going out on a weekend evening:
1. Don't eat much during the day. Have low calorie foods, and SLOW RELEASE energy foods. Like start the day with a bowl of porridge, or low sugar cereal. Then don't eat much else...if you get hungry, have some soup or a piece of fruit.
2. Drink lots of water during the day to fill you up.
3. Drink a couple of glasses (or one big glass) of water BEFORE you go out, so your tummy will be fuller.
4. Exercise during the day.

RESULT:
You get to the restaraunt KNOWING you have been very good today. The slow release energy breakfast keeps your energy levels constant all day. Plus you have exercised and drank some water so your tummy is fuller...so you don't feel like ordering the super giant chicken wings and ribs and fries platter with ten glasses of wine (exaggeration!)

TIP: make sure you DRESS and LOOK and FEEL really sexy when you go out. This works for me because I feel more elegant and less like stuffing my face. I also remember why I'm dieting and I'm inspired to stick with it.

THEN...order something you LOVE, but order in a smaller portion and try not to go for the triple deep fried thing. So make a 'good' choice...either something unhealthy, but smaller...or something healthy and bigger. If you make a healthy choice, let yourself have dessert, or a cocktail or something like that. Smaller portions = smaller you.

TWO MORE TIPS:
1. Share your main with someone. OR order an entree as a main.
2. If you're really worried you'll be too hungry before you go out, have a large piece of fruit before dinner (large banana or apple only equals about 120 calories). Then, with that and the water you should be full enough to have a little of what you like (i.e. an entree size or share), but not feel the need to splurge.

AND OF COURSE...savour the food! And when everyone else orders dessert, if you're feeling really good you could order a skinny coffee or hot chocolate instead (about 100 calories compared to maybe 500 in a restaraunt dessert).

Happy weekends everyone! :)

Great advice here! I'd also like to add salads without dressing (or a very low calorie one- my current favourite is the English Provender Italian Balsamic!) as "during the day" meals if you get hungry, and also as a mini-meal to eat before you go out. That way you won't be as hungry, and less likely to make poor choices (and it may help you skip on an starter!).

In comes Lindsey with a very large frying pan...

... DONG!!!

Thanks Lindsey hehe!! It worked because on Sunday I made some very good choices!

I am trying to really think about what I want at weekends. I went out for a meal and allowed myself a treat. However, I decided to have EITHER one big course (something creamy, naughty etc) or 3 healthy ones. I needed to decide if it was 'forbidden food' I wanted or lots of it (which works out at about the same calories). Turns out, I just wanted to feel like I was having 3 courses like everyone else so went for healthy options. Soooo glad I did. Getting through temptation makes me feel stronger.

Time to resurrect this thread folks - it is the weekend again. How's everyone feeling about it?

Ahhh the weekends starts today for some, but tomorrow to me is the weekend. Dreading it! Hope im good :-s

Back