Weekly or daily use of syns?

I do weekly :) It suits me because I struggle to use them during the week - I don't really have a sweet tooth so don't need chocolate and don't drink when I have work in the morning. Weekends however are when i like to have the flexibility to live my life like I did pre slimming world so I have a 35 syn bottle of vodka to drink as I wish and the option to have low syn takeaways like chicken tikka (done on a skewer) if I want :p It seems to be working for me at the moment and that's possibly because I have a lot to lose........if things change then so will the plan!

Can someone explain flexisyns? x

For special occasions rather than regular usage.

You decide in advance how many syns you will need to get through the event, be it 30, 40, 70 or whatever.

On the day you count syns as usual but when you get to your imposed limit you stop eating synnable foods.

The next day you get back on plan as usual with 5 -15 syns and without trying to claw it back. You accept that you may not lose that week and are happy in the knowledge that you stayed in control of what you were eating. So you do not feel guilty about eating more syns than normal.

You cannot have a binge one day and decide just to call it a flexi day as you were clearly not in control and that is what flexi days are all about.

Hope that help!

Thanks for that Circes - it makes much more sense the way you explain it :) I must admit I was looking on it as a convenient way of writing it off when you'd cheated and couldn't get my head round why it was acceptable!

hiyer, i've always had saturdays off, but, started back 2 weeks ago, weigh-in now a wed morning, so trying something new, i'm going make saturdays a flexi sin day to see how i get on, on saying that, at the mo seem to be managing on about 10 or 11 sins a day. Think everyone's got to do whateverever works for them;)

As Circes says, flexisyns are for a special one off occasion, they won't work if you do it weekly. If you have "saturdays off" then you aren't doing the plan and you're setting yourself up for a disappointment I'm afraid.

the reason i'm trying it this week is i don't want to break my plan, and as i said, everyone, has to do what works for them;)

I have Saturdays off but don't go crazy, everything I make is homemade and I enjoy some wine. To me, psychologically, it is an off plan day. This helps me feel free and not imprisoned by following a plan. It's my way of getting through this weight loss journey and if people think it's off plan then so be it. You need to find what works for you I guess :) xx

Back