Weekly Points are pure genius!

Pinksparklybirdy

Well, I am so impressed with the new plan. I hadn't really "got" the concept of weekly points until today.

I'm usually pretty good at sticking to my diet, but occasionally I get the odd day when the hunger monster strikes, and then I'm prone to a bit of a binge when I get home from work.

In the past, this would mean that the diet would go out the window, because after eating 12 points over for the day I'd just think "well I'm now going to be hungry for the rest of the week as I try to claw them back" - but needless to say I never did manage to claw them back as I'd be too hungry. I'd then feel a fat failure and eat due to feeling depressed.

Today on propoints the binge urge struck - ate 2 cereal bars in a row and then a yoghurt and a piece of ham when I got home from work. BUT NO PROBLEM AS I HAVE MY WEEKLY POINTS! So I just deducted them from my points, and now I feel really good because I have satisfied my binge urge but STILL feel like I'm on plan, and no need to cut back tomorrow and feel fed up for the rest of the week.

They are clever, clever people those WW folk. I'm so pleased.

I'm exactly the same... I haven't felt the binge-urge yet, but I have a feeling it is because I have that "extra" 49 points!
Was trying to explain it to the fella last night, cos we couldnt get how the treat-fund would work, how you can lose weight if you eat or dont eat it... Maybe its a psychological thing, in that if you know its there, you're less likely to cheat yourself, fall off the wagon and beat yourself up about it! We all know if you ban yourself from treats, you cant stop thinking about them..... Maybe this is some kind of reverse psychology...?
:D

I love the extra fund, just had one of those cadbury wishes at 5pp and that is part of my treat, so am really happy. This diet is such hard work! lol

I'm exactly the same... I haven't felt the binge-urge yet, but I have a feeling it is because I have that "extra" 49 points!
Was trying to explain it to the fella last night, cos we couldnt get how the treat-fund would work, how you can lose weight if you eat or dont eat it... Maybe its a psychological thing, in that if you know its there, you're less likely to cheat yourself, fall off the wagon and beat yourself up about it! We all know if you ban yourself from treats, you cant stop thinking about them..... Maybe this is some kind of reverse psychology...?
:D

Yes I was thinking this, knowing that we CAN have them and they are there for us to use, we are more likely not to touch them as we know we can use them, if that makes sense lol !

I started today , I don't join a meeting until this evening but I wanted weds to be day 1 as I'll weigh on weds , having done ww alone for 8 months it will be weird.

What I'm so curious to know is what the weightloss difference is one week no pp used from fund and one week all pp used from fund would be interesting to know , Julia said it's like say your usually on 20 points a day discovery it's like having 16 a day on your weekly pp allowence so the 49 fund are what you'd have divide by 7 and it's 7 pp a day but I think ww has done thus as you have all said to help with times of extra need meals out etc
Here's to week one good luck guys xx

Back