Weekly syns

Mom2Ben

Hi everyone,

I haven't been to a meeting in ages (hoping to go back next week) but am attempting SW again from home. I have noticed on a few threads people mentioning weekly syns - is this something they allow now? ie. maximum of 105 syns per week?

Thanks!

You can have between 5 snd 15 syns a day so that is a maximum of 105 syns a week. SW say you can save syns from one day so that you can have a bit extra on other days. A lot of people do it but it doesn't work for everyone so it's just a question of trying it and seeing how you get on. Personally I need the structure of a daily syn allowance :)

I do this every week. My losses are fairly slow (1lb a week) but to be honest I am more than happy with this as I hubby and I have always eaten out on weekend and it's something I always look forward to. I can't say whether this is the reason for my slow losses but I'm happy to continue as it's coming off which is the main thing isn't it.

I've found that sticking to the daily targets are good, but its nice to add up at the end of the week and see how you're averaging. For example last week I thought I was really naughty, but added it all up and actually only had 74 syns out of 105!

I count my syns daily and try to plan my week. if im going out for food or i have a mean with friends/family planned i try to save syns so they can be used in an emergency.

FLEXI SYNS

I used to love them as a way of not giving up after a bad day....if your bad one day you just cut down on the others simple really.

They worked for me...but many at my group couldn't make it work at all!

Flexi synning is something very different to using your syns on a weekly basis - it not about having a bad day and then cutting back to make up for it. In SW terms, flexi synning is planning in advance how many more syns you will need for a special occasion. On the day you count your syns as usual but stop synning when you reach your limit. Next day its straight back on plan with no cutting back on syns. You have to accept that you may not lose that week but you have at least stayed in control of what you ate and don't have to feel guilty. Its for once in a blue moon events rather than done every week and it has to be planned in advance so you you can't decide after the fact to call it a flexi day. Useful tool though :)

Back