Weekly weigh-in

Fantastic, well done. x :D

fantastic well done you

Every time I go to the doctors it annoys me. EVERY time!

All I wanted was a prescription review. Fighting my way through the hacking, sneezing, slightly porcine-looking patients in the waiting room, I found I was going to see the doctor that turned me down flat for WLS, despite a BMI of almost 60. Gulp. Well, at least I've lost 7 stone since then.

No congratulations, just 'get on the scales', an inquisition about self-harm, and a hilarious anecdote about how a 17 year old went to him for breast reduction surgery and was refused; she then went to see a different doctor at the same practice and was successfully referred. 'I mean,' he leered, 'she wasn't even fully developed yet!'

Then a patronising 'Be good', and a request to see me again in three months.

Aaaaaarrrgh! :mad::mad::mad:

Damn, some Dr's are not good are they! I'm so lucky with ours, he is really good and helped me a lot once he was convinced that Atkins was working for me and that my tests were improving every time.

Why the self harm inquisition?

They can be so infuriating can't they? It's disgusting he didn't congratulate you on your loss. x

There is an idiot like that at my practice. I always just refuse to see him and there are so many doctors (there's about 20 consulting rooms) that it never seems to be a problem.

Sorry to hear that you have a naff Doctor, Sarah. I swear some doctors really need to improve their "bedside manner". Mine is more concerned with getting you out of his office as quickly as possible.

Hope things are still going well for you my lovely!

Another 3lbs off this week :)

Soon I'll be back to where I was, and be able to start updating my ticker again.

Jim - the self harm inquisition was because I stupidly mentioned that I actually self harm less when I'm dieting - I think it's because I feel like I'm pseudo-hurting myself by denying myself chocolate etc.

Gemma - your comment made my day, thank you!

Thanks for everyone's continued good wishes :thankyou:

well done Sarah, that's a good loss, I can't wait to see your ticker moving again.

Whoop. Get in lass!
Next week that ticker will be moving again!!!

Well done hun. x x :D

Hi everyone,

Just a quick checking in. Things have been really hectic over the last few weeks - helping to arrange my beau's university admission, planning to move in together and dealing with mental illness in the family.

I've also been proof reading a dissertation - I was supposed to have a month in which to complete it, but the student had swine flu and so I had a 30,000 word essay to correct in a week!

To recap on the weight-loss front. I started last September and did well - losing 7st 11lbs. Then big things happened in my life and and I regained some. Since then I've been up and down, but thankfully (as has always been the case in the past) not regaining it all back.

I'm now back to having lost 6st 6lbs, and feeling good. I've got back the positivity and commitment that I had earlier in the year. I'm leaving the ticker as it is - it's a positive record for me to aim towards. It will be a great day when I catch up with myself and the ticker is accurate again. Only 1st 5lbs and I'll be there.

I'm starting to realise how much stability is an issue for me. I can (when in the right frame of mind) lose weight easily, I can also overeat easily. The hardest part is in the maintaining. I'm thinking that when I get to target I may have to have 'diet days' for half of the week and 'non-diet days' for the rest of the week, just to remain stable.

I got a bit stressed with the swimming too - a couple of sessions were really busy and I ended up either stuck behind someone swimming too slow, or feeling like I was holding someone up. The psychological stress outweighed the physical benefit and I stopped going. I've now found out the pool offers 'aqua-fit' classes, where everyone has their own space so I'm intending to try that out.

Anyway, thanks to anyone who reads this. I'm sorry I've not been a prolific participant in this site recently. It really is a wonderful resource that I know is always here, if and when I need it.

Warm hugs to all,

Sarah x

Hi Sarah, you've had a lot going on in your life haven't you love, nice to see you back love.

Nice to see you're still so positive and doing well, despite your setbacks!
Hugs
xxx

Glad you're feeling postive about the diet now, that makes all the difference when trying to loose weight. I know what you mean about stability, I also find it very easy to lose weight but I have such an erratic lifestyle that it is all too easy to put it back on again. I'm afraid I haven't got the solution (I'd probably be thin if I did), I seem to be getting a bit better with age but I think being single and childless gives me far too much freedom to do anything I want whenever I want.

Good luck with getting your ticker moving again.

Last edited:
Evenin' All!

I have discovered a definition of torture:

I'm back on the treadmill of losing weight after a variable few months, and am eating my normal dieting stuff and my other half has decided he needs to lose a little weight too and has chosen Atkins! Being the good little housewife I am, I cook his food and have to endure the torture of preparing bacon, eggs, cheese and other deliciously-smelling goodies.

Aaaaarrrrgh!

Hi sarah, where have you been love. :)

Hi sarah, where have you been love. :)

Hi Jim, you old stalwart you!

I've been bob-bob-bobbing along. Enjoying living with someone again after a few years of being single. Although I'd forgotten the whole 'duvet-hogging' issue! :gen125:

He's very domesticated and changes the loo roll when necessary so I can't complain.

What a guy! :cool:

I've rediscovered my cookery skills (had to clean the dust out of the pans!)

We both put on a little weight when we first moved in together - the typical honeymoon period, but now have settled into a routine of healthy eating.

I'm determined and back on the downward path of weight loss.

Love and luck to all :)

That's nice love, I'm so pleased you have found some one again. :D

Back