Weekly weigh ins at home?

kc.

I started SW last thursday so I'm due my first weigh in tomorrow (excited/anxious!!).. i was wondering what the most accurate way to go about it is, with having just generic household scales.

I figured that weighing in at around the same time is best, with morning would be most ideal, before I've had a chance to fill my body with food or liquids.. ?

I am also deliberating about whether to get some better scales that will be more reliable/accurate. I have digital salter scales but they're pretty basic looking and I don't think they go in half pounds either. Can scales be that inaccurate? There is a Wii console in my house, would I be better using this? :confused:

It would be good to know other home weighers thoughts :)

Hi,
I'm a home weigher. I weigh in on a Wednesday at 8.15. Random time but it's when I am my lightest! It's a stinger having to wait for my morning coffee though when my youngest has been up since 6 ;-)

I use Digital Salter scales and they measure in 0.2 increments. I really like them. They also measure fat% and muscle% and a few other things like bmi and metabolic rate. Not
Sure how accurate they necessarily are but it's great to see the fat% go down over the weeks/months, especially if the pounds haven't gone down much in a week. For me, they're perfect and help keep me motivated but it's what works for you.

Good luck on your journey. I've loved it and have lost over 4st so far. Just half a stone to go :) x

I have been weighing in my bedroom so should probably do it in my bathroom.. quite an unhealthy habit that I even have my scales in my bedroom actually! Would you possibly be able to give me a link the the scales you've got? There seem to be a few. PS.. 4st is amazing! I hope to be able to be just as successful at this. Feels great knowing I am already on my way. x

Back