Weetabix cake!!!!!

AmyKY

Mum of 1, expecting No:2
Oh My Gosh I made this the other day and WOW!!!! and only 3.5 syns a slice
:eek::eek::eek:
(im sure it has been posted before here but ill do it again as a refresher)

Weetabix cake

Ingredients:
2 Weetabix
113g sultanas (I used raisins)
142ml skimmed milk
142ml water
113g self-raising four
1 teaspoon mixed spice
14g artificial sweetener
1 egg beaten

Put weetabix and sultanas/raisins in a bowl and add water and milk. Let it soak.
Then mix in flour, spice, sweetner and egg

Get a small loaf tin and grease. Add the mixture and let cook in a 180° pre heated oven for approx 1hr 15 minutes. Makes approx 12 slices of cake :)

easy peasy lemon squeezy!!!! here is one i made earlier
;)

292819_368342863247985_2082774298_n.jpg

Last edited:
It tastes like a fruit loaf or malt loaf. really nice and im not a big fan of anything fruity lol! but seriouly its really tasty try it. x

Made another tea cake tonight it's lovely and very low SYN depending on how thick you slice it ! OH spreads butter spread on his
The only problem with this cake is you place it in the oven on a timer but when you come home you witness a miracle (especially as I'd been to a carol service) the loaf was out of the oven half gone and still in the tin!! OH had eaten 1/2 piece by piece but then had the cheek to place it back in the tin (to lazy to wash it lol)

Made another tea cake tonight it's lovely and very low SYN depending on how thick you slice it ! OH spreads butter spread on his
The only problem with this cake is you place it in the oven on a timer but when you come home you witness a miracle (especially as I'd been to a carol service) the loaf was out of the oven half gone and still in the tin!! OH had eaten 1/2 piece by piece but then had the cheek to place it back in the tin (to lazy to wash it lol)

Great to hear ye enjoyed it! Making it again tomorrow yum! Along with gingerbread men.

Yey it was a massive hit at class with the taste test! And the only one to dissapear without a crumb!

made this its fab, kids and hubby loved it,

I was looking for a weetabix cake... thanks for this

I made this and the flavour was lovely but the texture was very soggy. I cooked it for 1 hour 15 mins and didn't think to test it with a skewer before I took it out. Should I have cooked it for longer do you think or maybe I didn't leave it long enough to soak before I cooked it? Tia :)

Hi ya kimboslimbo :) it can be a bit of a 'soggy' cake alright and most definitely not dry , i would advise to check with a skewer after the hour and 15mins, depending on the type of oven you have your cooking time can vary. my first attempt was a little undercooked but second attempt it came out great!

Thanks for that AmyKY:) I've just made my 4th while still trying to crack it haha! I was using Asda's own weetabix so thought it may be that so tried with the real McCoy and it was still the same ;) It tastes lovely I just thought I must be doing something wrong but I'm glad to hear its about right haha :)

Hi ya kimboslimbo :) it can be a bit of a 'soggy' cake alright and most definitely not dry , i would advise to check with a skewer after the hour and 15mins, depending on the type of oven you have your cooking time can vary. my first attempt was a little undercooked but second attempt it came out great!

I have just made this but cant hang about for an hr for it to cook... so I put it in 12 bun tin moulds (silicone ones so they come out easy).. so they should be quicker... will come out like rock cakes I suppose.... and I wont have the craving for butter on it! Also I will know how many syns each little cake will be without having to slice it..

Back