Wegle goes from Lands End to John O'Groats anyway she can!

Wegle

For a while now I have been wanting to set myself and exercise challenge. I attend the gym 3 times a week and go to different classes 4 times a week but wanted to set myself a target to aim for.

As my gym has lovely fancy machines that tell you the distance you have travelled I thought I would try to cover the distance from Land's End to John O'Groats and see how long it would take me to get there.

Now this is obviously a completely hypothetical challenge and has no similarity to someone trying to actually travel this distance in the real world but I needed a distance to aim for and this seemed like a good one!

The rules:

There is no time limit but the quicker the better.
Only distance covered using gym equipment can be counted (ie normal walking into town doesn't count)
Any gym equipment that displays distance can be used. I will be using: Cycle, Treadmill, Cross trainer and possibly the stepper however this displays how many floors you have ascended so unless someone knows how to convert that into KMs it will be a no go.

The distance to be covered is 1407KM according to Wiki. I have been to the gym today and noted down my distances so that I could get cracking tonight.

Total Distance to cover = 1407
Wed 6 April

Cycle = 12km
Treadmill = 3km
Crosstrainer = 8km

Distance covered so far = 22km
Distance left to go = 1385km

If I stay at this pace my maths say it will take me 22 weeks to cover the distance. I am going to aim to get well under that and am hoping that by having this challenge in the back of my mind it will push me to work that extra bit harder.:whacky068:

Just to add todays distances. On my phone so will do the maths later. Did 30 km on the bike, gym plus spin class, 3 km on treadmill, 12 km on cross trainer and 1 km on rowing machine. Total of 46 km I think.

I live 18 miles from John o groats, I got excited when I seen your post!!!
Ha il come wave and cheer you on when your passing!!!! Ha ha

Good idea you have

X

Back