Wegle's Wonderful Weightloss Diary

Just in from Kettlercise class. Did most of it with the 6kg bell just had to switch down to the 4kg for some if the single arm moves. Absolutely shattered! Monday is always a hard class as we have the ex-army PT guy and he works us hard!!! It's good though as I now feel spurred on for the week,

Made myself a delicious protein filled omlette consisting of: 3 eggs, leeks, courgettes, onions, tomatoes, 40g reduced fat cheddar (HEA) and 2 tbsp salad cream (2 syns).

Now it's time to chill with the hound. Hubby is out at his mates so the whole sofa is ours!!! Not sure how long I can stay up for I'm so worn out. Might go up to bed and read my book. I've got college tomorrow so need a good clear head for that.

Here's a piccy of my little hound. He's a bit upset with me today as I had to take him to the vets for his booster jabs. I did treat him and let him rude in the front of the car on the way home though!!

image-1906601622.jpg

Good evening hun, I've never done kettlesize but it sounds hard work. I started doing exercises and jogging at home last week but I've not really stuck to it, I should really be a bit more motivated but just cant see to get round to doing it every night like I should :( Enjoy your chill time on the sofa with your pooch.x

It is hard but it's a great work out and only 50 mins so not too bad. I go through phases with exercise. This time 2 years ago I was running every other day and racing in 10ks and half marathons! Then I just got bored of it so stopped! Doh! The only regular exercise I've always stuck to is walking the pooch as he wouldn't let me get away with not taking him out! In fact we're just back from an hours walk round the woods which was muddy!

Today has been a school day so mega brain draining. Had a banana sandwich for lunch and a few plums to keep me going. Got Kettlercise again tonight in about half an hour then home to do nothing! Not sure what to have for din dins and will probably pop into Asda on the way home to get some fresh veggies which I can create something with.

Good morning everyone!

Busy busy here this morning but have managed to grab 10 mins to quickly update my diary.

Today is weigh in and my cheeky look at my home scales this morning show a 0.8lb loss so I'm hoping this will translate into a 1lb at weigh in later. I took my measurements this morning as well and this is the latest (the loss is from when I started SW):

Chest (Below boobies) - 30.75" - a loss of 3.25"
Waist - 29.125" - a loss of 4.5"
Hips - 36.625" - a loss of 3.375"
Thigh - 22.625" - a loss of 1.375"
Calf - 15.375" - a loss of 1.125"

Feeling pretty good about that. My legs always seem to be the last place to give up any weight which is frustrating. I'm a typical pear shape. Tiny up top and all bum and thighs!

We've got a taster session tonight in class so I have made a 5 bean salad to take in. It's what I sometimes have for lunch at work so I made a big batch so I could take some in for everyone. Hope they like it!

Kettlercise last night was hard work. I definitely struggled and think my 1 hour brisk walk with the dog just before was probably a contributing factor, and having worked pretty hard the night before. Good news is I haven't got another class until tomorrow night so my body can have a bit of a rest. My kettlercise DVD and bell should arrive today though so I'm looking forward to doing some swinging at home when I can. It'll take the pressure off of having to pay for class as well which is always good.

Hope everyone has a fab day.

Yum banana butties, I love them. Hubby thinks I'm made but they are gorgeous :)
I used to do loads of exercise as well but other than walking I hardly do any now, really cant get motivated for it.
Have a good evening.x

Banana sandwiches are the best! They are my new obsession. They are so filling and really tasty. My Grandma used to make them for me when I was little but she would make banana and golden syrup sandwiches! Not very SW at all!!

Exercise is always a hard one. I think the key is finding something you enjoy that doesn't feel too much like a chore. The pooch and I do agility training together throughout the drier months and this is a great work out but I never really think of it as exercise as it's just something we do together for fun, but after an hour of chasing him around an obstacle course I am shattered.

Right quickly popping in to update from last night's weigh in. Only lost 0.5lb but I'm happy that a loss is a loss and that I know my body is shedding inches.

We had a taster evening last night which was great as I got to try loads of new things and it meant I didn't have to make any dinner when I got home! Bonus! My favourite thing that I tried was a roasted tomato and chilli pasta which was divine. Apparently the recipe is on SW online so I will hunt that out to make one night this week.

In other news I have decided to enter the Kettlercise 12 week body transformation challenge. Basically I need to take before photos and measurements, stick to a kettlercise programme for 12 weeks and then take after photos and measurements. I think this will help me to stay focused and now that I have my own kettlebell and the kettlercise DVD there is no reason that I can't do it. I'm going to get hubby to take my before photos later before I go to Kettlercise class and that will be the challenge begun!

Well done, as you all said to me a loss is a loss in the right direction. Keep going. x

Bonjour diary!

Sorry I've been a bit absent been very busy the last few days.

Things are ticking along nicely and I'm well into my Kettlercise 12 week challenge. Saturday morning I got up early to go to Kettlercise class which was great but hard work. Got home and decided to take the dog for a run! The sun was shining and it felt great!

I've been really good food wise and I've been trying to make sure I'm eating enough to fuel all the exercise I am doing. I made some banana pancakes on Saturday after my run topped with strawberries, raspberries and greek yoghurt. These were really tasty!

Had a sneaky weigh in this morning and I'm showing a gain of 0.5lb. I'm not too worried as there's still 2 days until official weigh in and without a doubt my clothes are looser than they were last week. I'll take my measurements on Wednesday morning to confirm.

Hope everyone else is enjoying the sunshine and having a great week!

Weigh in today and I am not looking forward to it. I'm pretty much 100% sure I haven't lost any weight (showing a STS on my home scales) and when I measured myself this morning I haven't even lost any inches. I only lost 0.5lb last week so I was hoping for something a bit better this week but it doesn't look like it will be. I'm constantly feeling bloated and big at the moment. My tummy always seems to be sticking out. When I was this weight last year I felt much more confident in my body shape than I do now. I tried to get into my size 12 jeans yesterday and they were snug. This is so strange as I was wearing those exact same jeans before Xmas when I weighed more than I weigh now!

I'm not sure what's going on and I think I've been doing exercise long enough now (5 weeks since I started Kettlebells) that I can't be using that as an excuse for the scales not budging and feeling lardy! I know my food is 100% perfect and I don't over eat free foods. It's my birthday next Wednesday and I had promised myself a night off plan if I could hit 1 stone lost by then but this last pound just doesn't seem to want to shift! Grr! I know I should wait until weigh in and see what happens but I'm 99% certain of a STS or a gain.

Oh and to top it all off our washing machine broke at the weekend and I have to go buy a new one today! Boooooooooooo!

Ah hun, you never know the scales might surprise you tonight. I STS this week and was gutted but I knew the reason why so I will be super good this week :) xx

You were right hun I lost 1lb and got my stone award. Feeling pretty stupid for getting all wound up now.

Sorry to hear about your STS fingers crossed for a big loss this week for you.

You were right hun I lost 1lb and got my stone award. Feeling pretty stupid for getting all wound up now.

Sorry to hear about your STS fingers crossed for a big loss this week for you.

Yay well done hun, that's fab :) I bet you feel great now!
I'm hoping for a good loss this week, I am being super good so fingers crossed.xx

Good morning diary!

I've come here to make a confession! It's my work colleague's birthday and he bought in delicious home made carrot cake and lemon drizzle cake!! I have been very naughty and had a small slice of each. I've worked it out to be probably about 30 syns for both bits of cake!! I'm not too worried as I can cut back on syns for the rest of the week to keep everything in line and I've got Kettlercise tonight so I shall work extra hard to burn the cakes off. They were absolutely delicious and I don't feel guilty at all! I figure I'm not going to spend the rest of my life never having a bit of cake so allowing myself a couple of slices every 10 weeks is not the worst thing in the world.

Since I lost 1lb last night I now weigh 12st 1.5lb so I would love a 2lb loss this week to get me into my lower number. I think this can be done as I've just gone past my ovulation (when I gain the most water weight and feel all bloaty), I've got plenty of exercise planned in, and now the sun is starting to shine me and the pooch are going for longer walks. I'm sort of hoping the little cake splurge this morning might have given my metabolism a bit of a kick so if I'm super good from now until next week I should be able to pull a good number out of the bag.

Woops, never mind about the cake!
I had a lovely weekend last weekend and I thought I would feel guilty but I didn't, I think we have to learn to still have what we want but be in control. Like me you are obviously in control so that is good. If you can't do and have what you want from time to time what's the point of living. The odd treat is good :)
Good luck with Kettlesize tonight. Good luck this week and hopefully next week the scales will be nice to you and get you into the 11's.xx

Woops, never mind about the cake!
I had a lovely weekend last weekend and I thought I would feel guilty but I didn't, I think we have to learn to still have what we want but be in control. Like me you are obviously in control so that is good. If you can't do and have what you want from time to time what's the point of living. The odd treat is good :)
Good luck with Kettlesize tonight. Good luck this week and hopefully next week the scales will be nice to you and get you into the 11's.xx

You are so right, I think learning how to incorporate treats into your diet in a healthy and controlled way is really key. SW is good at this with syns but sometimes those syns just don't stretch far enough!!

Been a quite weekend for me really, I did start back at dog agility with the pooch which was great fun and he was so excited as soon as he realised where we were going. Also got another 2 hours done on my tattoo and I'm getting it finished on Thursday with a 3 hour session! It's gonna be ouchie but it's looking amazing so far!

I managed to get hold of some of the new Oat so Simple multigrain when I went shopping on Friday. These are a new HEB and I was over the moon as I always used to use the regular Oat so Simple as a HEB when I did the plan before and was gutted when they were taken off. They are so handy for work lunches as I just keep a box in my drawer and take one out as and when I need it. The other good news is the honey one is a HEB too!!! So I don't even have to have plain bland porridge I can have the yummy one! Woo hoo!

Hope everyone had a fab weekend and got some time to enjoy the sunshine. Bring on the summer I say!

Ah hun, I can't wait till the summer. I hate this time of year so much, I always feel so miserable in Feb and early March.

Good luck getting your tattoo finished, what are you having?

I think you should be able to have little treats. I had way too many syns on Saturday but managed to pull it back Sunday as I only had 2 syns all day. I think that is the key, as long as you don't go mad every day, the occasional treat day is fine :)

Hope you have a good day.xx

Ah hun, I can't wait till the summer. I hate this time of year so much, I always feel so miserable in Feb and early March.

Good luck getting your tattoo finished, what are you having?

I think you should be able to have little treats. I had way too many syns on Saturday but managed to pull it back Sunday as I only had 2 syns all day. I think that is the key, as long as you don't go mad every day, the occasional treat day is fine :)

Hope you have a good day.xx

It's like the weather is toying with me here at the moment. One day is lovely and sunny and then the next back to grey and miserable. At least it seems to have finally stopped raining so I shouldn't winge too much!

The tattoo I'm getting is a Koi on the outside of my calf. When it's finished I'll get hubby to take a good picture and post it up here. I can't wait until it's finished and I can show it off properly!

Back