weigh day treat or blow out

tinkerbellsmum

Gold Member
on your weigh day after weigh do you have just one treat or have a total blow out and how bad do you go?
is anyone really good and reward there self with non food what do you reward yourself with? how do you handle weigh days

I have a totally blow out and until today I thought I enjoyed it but I relised I don't it just makes me feel rubbish and I don't enjoy what I eat I weigh on a sat morning so all sat is a total blow out. I need to reward myself with non food but not sure what I have a charm braclet but I need something for every week I think

I don't really reward myself with anything after WI. I think that's probably because I treat myself to things like books etc quite often ;) I know, however, that I wouldn't want to have a big blow out as I'd be worried all week that it was going to affect my loss the following week.

If you're a reader, why not treat yourself to a new magazine or book each week? Or rent a dvd after weigh in as your treat? If you buy imitation charms for your bracelet you could buy yourself one each week quite cheaply from somewhere like Ebay, and then maybe have a bigger treat for every 7lb or stone?

Sian xxx

I love reading but don't get much time these days with a toddler and cause of read it swap it I don't buy books lol.
I was thinking I might treat myself to a beauty treatment after each weigh in. my daugther does gymnastics after I go sw so if i can find a salon near her gym so I can book one each week while shes there.

I treat weigh in day just the same as any others...when I've followed plans in the past I have treated myself with food but this time I decided to treat with non food so now I do as Sian suggested....a new book :)
I also brought Pandora bracelet and saved my pennies and have a charm for each 1/2 stone I've lost and its a great incentive to stay on track to get the next one!
If you want a food treat then why not buy something you wouldn't normally because its a bit more pricey....exotic fruits or fillet steak? We can have the most amazing food on SW so why go off plan, there are going to be plenty of times when you'll have to flexi syns for going out etc so best to save it for those occasions I say.

Good luck hun
xx

I cook a big SW meal for myself and the wife, then maybe have a couple of glasses of wine (synned).

I used to weigh on a Wednesday evening and never counted syns for the rest of that evening. I now weigh on a Tuesday lunch time so make sure I syn everything for the rest of the day because it would be too easy to go over the top.

i am considering putting money in a jar then when i get goal i will open it.

My hubby goes to his table top night on the same as my WI so my treat is I get myself a good horror dvd to watch cos he hates them and I have SW chips egg and beans while I'm watching it. I have managed to convince myself that I'm eating a greasy spoon egg and chips and really really enjoy it.

I like to have a normal sized choccie bar instead of a treat sized one :)

I put £5 each week into a jar, saving for something Ive wanted for a while now.... www.handonheartjewellery.co.uk ;)

I know if I treated myself to food I would go a bit crazy and feel bad the next day.

i did something similar to this! my husband bought me a lovely juicy couture charm bracelet with a starter charm and when i was on slimming world for the first time, i would put money aside after every positive weighing session. this thread has reminded me to start it up again, as i found it was a nice incentive not to be tempted by food treats.

I don't have a treat after way in but I do normall allow myself an extra 30 syns one day a week for a treat :)

I do similar. On previous diets I have pigged out a bit after WI but dont feel like it on SW as I normally go out for a meal at least once a week and use the flexible syn approach.

After I weigh in I always treat myself to a biiiig breakfast, although saying that it's always a SW friendly breakfast. Normally quorn sausages, eggs and beans.

I never tend to have anything more exciting than that, although last night I did enjoy a chinese. First one since January though.

I get weighed on a thursday evening, and straight after myself and my friend go to the pub, the same pub we go to every thursday night to do the pub quiz. We usually share a dessert between us, it's never made a difference to our losses. I only wont have it if iv maintained or gained that week.
I still work out the syns for the dessert and it's usually a lot haha! But i personally don't think that 1 treat a week is too bad but i wouldn't have anymore than that 1 dessert and im really good again after the thursday night! x

Back