Weigh in 21!

Oh I'm blushing now!! I know I've said it before but it's you lot that have kept my head in the right place and I am SO grateful to this forum and to LT. I'll definitely keep a refeed diary going, and I'm quite looking forward to it now (but still a bit nervous). My pharmacist is brilliant and I'll keep going weekly until our holiday at Easter, then I'm starting a healthy eating course there when I get back.

I'm really delighted if my progress has helped or encouraged anyone, and I'd LOVE to be a spokesperson for LT - it's a pity you have to be a pharmacist to do it. I do feel I've learned a lot on this journey and I'm a teacher so I'd love to share what I've learned and hopefully inspire other people.

I can't believe the difference it has made to me - I almost didn't realise how unhappy I was as a fat person, and how much more confident and excited about life I am now.

I've made a folder on my computer called Fat Pics and I'll try and do a few new pics to compare this week and put them up.

Next job (aside from refeed and maintenance of course) is getting rid of the flabby bits. The vibration plate is fine but not making a big difference so far. Any ideas?

Love
Jon
xxx

jon
well done on your 6st loss.here's to your last 10lbs,you deserve all the praise because if it wast for you i think a few would have dropped out by now.you are not leaving this site as your advice is always appreciated.best of luck with your refeeding.take care x jean

Oh I'm blushing now!! I know I've said it before but it's you lot that have kept my head in the right place and I am SO grateful to this forum and to LT. I'll definitely keep a refeed diary going, and I'm quite looking forward to it now (but still a bit nervous). My pharmacist is brilliant and I'll keep going weekly until our holiday at Easter, then I'm starting a healthy eating course there when I get back.

I'm really delighted if my progress has helped or encouraged anyone, and I'd LOVE to be a spokesperson for LT - it's a pity you have to be a pharmacist to do it. I do feel I've learned a lot on this journey and I'm a teacher so I'd love to share what I've learned and hopefully inspire other people.

I can't believe the difference it has made to me - I almost didn't realise how unhappy I was as a fat person, and how much more confident and excited about life I am now.

I've made a folder on my computer called Fat Pics and I'll try and do a few new pics to compare this week and put them up.

Next job (aside from refeed and maintenance of course) is getting rid of the flabby bits. The vibration plate is fine but not making a big difference so far. Any ideas?

Love
Jon
xxx

You deserve it big style Jon!!!!!! Why dont you write to LT about being a spokesperson.....seems silly to me that it has to be a pharmacist when most of them havent even tried the shakes!!!!!

Cant wait to see the before and after pics.

Where are your flabby bits...sorry, if I am being too nosey? Only ask because if it on your tummy, I use a hula hoop...an exercise one and it is absolutely brilliant and dead easy to do! Well, I find it easy and it whitters down the waistline.

If arms, are you using the vibro for them? I used the vibro for my bingo wings and I did see a noticeable difference after a month. although, my trainer says light weights is a good start..not too heavy as you dont want to built muscle just yet. Swimming is also a good way, although I am not a good swimmer, but it is good all round toner!

Hope this has helped a little.

Again, well done!!

Jon,
I just want to say, if you have the power of mind to stick tfr for all those months, i can only imagine what a successful person you are in life.

Your determination shows a true talent that not many have!!. You will never go back to your old ways as it's plain to see that you have strength of will and determination that is second to none!!!

Congratulations and well done!!

Jon,
I just want to say, if you have the power of mind to stick tfr for all those months, i can only imagine what a successful person you are in life.

Your determination shows a true talent that not many have!!. You will never go back to your old ways as it's plain to see that you have strength of will and determination that is second to none!!!

Congratulations and well done!!

Thanks - and that's a really kind thing to say. I don't know where my bloody mindedness came from this time - just very glad it came.

Jon
xx

You deserve it big style Jon!!!!!! Why dont you write to LT about being a spokesperson.....seems silly to me that it has to be a pharmacist when most of them havent even tried the shakes!!!!!

Cant wait to see the before and after pics.

Where are your flabby bits...sorry, if I am being too nosey? Only ask because if it on your tummy, I use a hula hoop...an exercise one and it is absolutely brilliant and dead easy to do! Well, I find it easy and it whitters down the waistline.

If arms, are you using the vibro for them? I used the vibro for my bingo wings and I did see a noticeable difference after a month. although, my trainer says light weights is a good start..not too heavy as you dont want to built muscle just yet. Swimming is also a good way, although I am not a good swimmer, but it is good all round toner!

Hope this has helped a little.

Again, well done!!

You're not being nosey - we're all mates here;)
Flabby bits: Turkey neck, bingo wings, still got moobs:mad:, tummy, tops of legs.

How do you use your vibro for the arms? I do (sort of) press ups with my arms on the plate - is that what you mean? It also has resistance bands on it which I've just started using.
I really don't know what to do about the moobs. They have stopped me swimming for years if I'm honest, and still would. I know I shouldn't care but I really do. I just hope toning and a bit of exercise will do it. I would enjoy swimming if I dare take my top off in public.

Jon
xx

Jon why not look into a pesonal trainer, just for a few weeks. They will come to your house so you will feel more comfortable.
I know they can cost and if it's not an option then go to local gym/leisure centre and have a chat with someone there. Tell them you lost weight quickly and what the probs are, they will design a fitness regime to focus on the prob areas.hth

That's not a bad idea Stinky - thanks. I'll look into it. Sounds a bit drastic, but hey, so is LT!
Jon
xx

Jon - that is incredible! You are someone that I admire so much on here, always there with such brilliant advice and support. I'm so pleased for you. Do you feel as if the 21 weeks have gone fast? I'm on week 5 already and it's just flown by!

Jon you really are such an inspiration. You have done so well and helped so many people on this forum with their journeys too. You have come such a long way and I wish you every happiness because you deserve it. Please keep posting even after you finish TFR as we would all miss you if you disappeared. Can't wait to be at goal and feel full of confidence too. It is so true what you said about not realising how unhappy you were till you start to feel better. Well done again and enjoy refeed x x x x

Thanks Dunders -yes the weeks have gone really fast in some ways and the losses have spurred me on (and continue to). I found from week 4 or 5 that it was fairly easy. The only time I found quite hard was Christmas day. Oddly it wasn't the main meal that bothered me (I stayed in the kitchen and washed up) it was the grazing stuff on Christmas night. I really missed that and for the only time on LT I felt a bit deprived.
You've had some great losses so far, and if you're like me they will probably stay around the 3-4lb a week mark now. Not as impressive as the 11 you lost in week one, but that was mostly water whereas now it's all fat you're waving goodbye to. You've made a fantastic start, and I hope that you stick it out to the end. It is SO worth it. When you're a month or so away from re-feed really start to think about your relationship with food though. It is something we will all have to face and I'm wary of it right now, but I've learned loads so I am feeling more confident now.

Good luck with the rest of your journey

Jon
xx

Jon you really are such an inspiration. You have done so well and helped so many people on this forum with their journeys too. You have come such a long way and I wish you every happiness because you deserve it. Please keep posting even after you finish TFR as we would all miss you if you disappeared. Can't wait to be at goal and feel full of confidence too. It is so true what you said about not realising how unhappy you were till you start to feel better. Well done again and enjoy refeed x x x x

Thanks Shaz. You're well on the way too and as Dunders says the time goes so fast once you're in your stride.

Good luck
Jon
xx

Jon,

All i can do is to reiterate the well wishes and congratulations that the others have offered!!!

5lbs in your final weeks is amazing!!

I am at about the same stage as you right now with one week to go until refeed an i have also lost 5.2lbs this week!!

we will definately be together over on the refeed section as i have already got my first lot of maintenance shakes

i've also got areas of flabby bits that need to be seen to i'm starting my toning and fitness journey after a week of refeed so we'll have to help each other with hints and tips on that!!!

Jay ;)

once again well done

Thanks Jay
It would be great to hear about your fitness plans - I've never been even remotely sporty so I'll definitely have my work cut out.
Because I've been on TFR so long I've got to do two weeks refeed but I've been trying to walk a lot more lately, and have bought some running shoes ready for the Comic Relief run in March.

Congratulations on your losses too Jay - and good luck with your refeed. I'll see you in the other forum from next week

Jon

Back