• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

weigh in after holiday

Hi Al
Have been for my weigh in having had a week to pull back on gain over the holiday and I am 2lbs under by original weight before holiday. So pleased with that.
What I am finding it hard to get my head round is the fact that having had years of saying "you can't have that" etc I now need to start eating a bit bit more to make sure I don't lose any more. I would like some help with calorie counting as to how many I should be having to maintain. I have not been as strict like others in recording what I have been eating so have no idea of the average calorie intake I need to maintain. Do any of you have a calorie counting book that is simple. Ths would be a start.

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

MiniB

Here we go again!
Well done on losing those few pounds. You must be thrilled with that. Can't help with the calorie counting as never done it. I think Mary will be back beginning of the week and she seems to be the expert on it. Good luck though, you've done so well.

poppy100

Silver Member
well done with your loss. rubbish at counting calories as you already know!!

JanD

maintaining since June'09
Well done on your weight!!! Why don't you pop over to the calorie counting forum for advice?

There's a site you can go on which tells you how many cals you need to maintain ... I'll try & find it ..... x

Here ya go ...
BMR Calculator
Make sure you go through all the stages though. The first time I did it I didn;t do it right and ended up with a much lower figure than the real one!

Last edited:
Another 5

well done with your loss. rubbish at counting calories as you already know!!
Well done Poppy on the refeed. This will give you a bit more leeway while on holiday. :)

thanks Mini

Well done on losing those few pounds. You must be thrilled with that. Can't help with the calorie counting as never done it. I think Mary will be back beginning of the week and she seems to be the expert on it. Good luck though, you've done so well.
Thanks Mini
I do feel great and have to admit I have done very well on this diet. I went to the trafford centre with my Hubby today and we had lunch at "La Tasca" Tapas-- Do you know it as nice to sit down and order food that I liked, have a moderate amount and feel comfortable with the choice without the guilt of "should I, should'nt I". We had a nice meal the only problem was the price. A glass of wine was £4.80 but hey I think I deserve it and we don't do it very often.
But look at you and your success and yo are so nearly at your goal. What I do know that what I am feeling is felt by everyone who gets this far. A real sense of achievement and releif that it nearly at the end. It's a bit like having a baby really,:D as soon as it over you forget the hard bit. lol:D:D

your a mine of information

Well done on your weight!!! Why don't you pop over to the calorie counting forum for advice?

There's a site you can go on which tells you how many cals you need to maintain ... I'll try & find it ..... x

Here ya go ...
BMR Calculator
Make sure you go through all the stages though. The first time I did it I didn;t do it right and ended up with a much lower figure than the real one!
Thanks Jan
Your a great help. You post so much and are always there to give a lift to everyone who asks. :superwoman:

summergurl

♥3 Years Maintaining♥
whooo well done chick!!

I have the book by Dr Wynnie Chan 'Calorie Counter' - its great. I refeed in a week and am constantly looking at it to get an idea of how many cals are in what! This is the book that Mary (kered) uses too :D

Well done

As for the calories side of things i just do it mentally really and managed in the maintenance side of things fine

Hows the calorie counting going?
I am not exactly counting calories now, but due to the few weeks I did do it, I have a rough guestimate as to how portion sizes are and it seems to be working.

Good luck hun.