Weigh in again

Hi all,

just wanted to drop in and say a quick hello:)

I don't have very much to report - I am so tired today, the two late (ish) nights that I have had are catching up with me. Wednesday I finished cleaning the house at 11pm, then last nite our guests didn't leave until 11.15pm then we had to clean up slightly. Now I know that 11 isn't late, but my alarm goes off at 5.30 and I can be very grumpy on not enough sleep:D

The meal with the ex-girlfriend and fiance went really well. They had roast beef with all the trimmings and I had chicken breast with veggies - chick/mushroom soup as a sauce:eek: Then I had an individual tesco finest tarte au chocolat:mad::eek:

I'm not going to punish myself - it happened. I will be very good today. I finish work at 1.30 on fridays so I will prob go home to snooze:p

I can't believe how disorganised they newlyweds to be are:eek: They haven't sent out any evening invites yet, & haven't finalised the band or photographer. They get married next sat (14th). I actually was very kind and asked if there was anything that I could do to help her. She said she would let me know. It is even so bad that when I asked what time we should arrive in the eve - they hadn't discussed it yet:eek:

Anyway - enough of my waffle, back to the diet.

I haven't had too bad a symptoms yet - but of course eating the pastry with the tart last nite has put me back so it will be a tough weekend.

I've got my two litre bottle on my desk ready to go and I shall have a shake at 10am.

Good luck to everyone - have a great weekend if I don't get on here:D

Well you survived the dinner in a very controlled way, so I'm v impressed! Thats what living with the diet in the long term is all about. And, I don't think that you have done badly at all. I wish I could should so much restraint at a dinner party...it's just an excuse to get indulgent!

Have a great weekend xx

I had a good weekend

Hi All,

Just writing to have a quick catch up - diet went well over the weekend (the only downside was the homemade fudge hubby had made:mad:)

I had such a bizarre weekend - I had to tell hubby off for leading women on!!!! Sat morning, there is a knock on the door so I answer it..there is a woman stood there and she looked very shocked when I answered and said "Oh, I was looking for John" so I called John from upstairs. It turns out that she is a woman who walks her dogs in the same field as hubby walks Bella, and they have got chatting and he told her that if she was ever dropping past to call in for a cuppa. She did but she got more than she bargained for...ME! I have never seen anyone drink a cup of coffee so quickly - I actually felt sorry for her because she was so embarrassed - the conversation was very strained to say the least. When she had gone I gave hubby a quick punch..but he hadn't even realised that she might take the offer as something different because he swears he told her about me.:rolleyes: MEN!! I didn't stray from diet though as it didn't stress me - apparantly his dad is the same or so his mum told me when I told her the story.

Then on Sunday we got a phone call from hubby's ex-girlfriend (meal last week) and they invited us round to theirs for drinks and nibbles. I was having a SS day so I stuck to my water and didn't give in to the food. Felt very good about myself too.

Sorry for the waffle about non diet stuff but I just had the urge to tell you all - you are great listeners:D

Hope you all had good weekends

Hubby's CD journey lasted all of a couple of hours:(

TBH his workload for the next 3 - 4 weeks is going to be very physical so SSing isn't really an option at the moment.

I'm actually really enjoying the diet today???WTF:D I haven't felt hungry at all and I'm looking forward to my soup when I get home. I have drunk approx 4 ltrs though - lots of trips to the loo (luckily its opposite my office so no-one can see how often I have to pop in there ha ha ha)

I think the sunny weather helps too (about time too)

2 solid days on SS now without any slips - I'm feeling quite chuffed. One day at a time for me at the moment.

Why is it so hard the second/third/fourth time round?????

Weigh in tonight

Hello,

I still feel great and I'm sticking to SS. Day 3 for me now. I feel slightly headachy but nothing as bad as last week - I'll just drink more water and forget the tablets I think. (I don't like taking tablets:eek:) It could also be my hayfever as I forgot to take my stuff this morning:eek: Runny, itchy eyes for me today!

I'm hoping that the last 3 days have wiped out the mishaps over the week and maybe balanced the scales at the same as last week, but I will find out tonight. I am being very restrained and resisting the urge to get on my scales everyday - very hard!:rolleyes:

I'm going to continue to SS this week but Sat is bruv's bday and wedding reception - so I might fall off there and move onto 790 next week.?????

Exercise class tonight too:D

I have so much energy at the moment - its amazing.:)

Have a good day everyone

Morning all,

I didn't weigh after all last night. My twin & her other half are house hunting and they had a viewing last night and asked if I would go along to give an outside opinion - this was at the same time as weigh in. Luckily my big bruv still went along and picked up my next weeks supply (he lost 7lbs this week too - also doing SS).

I did get on the scales at mum's house and I had lost 1lb:) so at 10st 10 now.

I'd better get on with some work - I do think Minimins might get me into trouble one day - I do spend far too long on here reading posts when I should be working;)

Have a good day:)

4lb gain overnight!

Hi all,

I have had a really great weekend:D

I took my niece and two nephews to see HP on friday night - took them to KFC (their choice) and sat with my black tea and tetra while they scoffed. Resisted the urge for popcorn and settled for 75cl water instead. How good am I???

Sat - my big brothers birthday bbq - I knew I was going to eat here but I stuck to 1 bread roll, lots of salad and chicken. No crisps or dips. I did have a slice of choc birthday cake - its rude not too:D.
I then went off to a wedding reception and drank water all night - hubby was very sloshed. Went home and had a tetra hot choc drink before bed.

Sun - I woke up with terrible stomach ache - not sure if a bug or something I had to eat. I spent a lot of this day in the bathroom if you get my drift (TMI) did my housework, took the dog for a walk and settled down to read a book or two (there was absolutely nothing on TV even with Sky) I did eat a chicken salad with hubby because I was feling rough - but it didn't help stomach much tbh. Again TMI!:eek:
Oh and TOTM started. I was 10.6 on the scales first thing.

Today - I didn't sleep very well and feel very grumpy:sigh: I have stomach ache again but a different kind - thankfully the other has now stopped. I was 10.10 on the scales this morning - 4lbs up on yesterday:mad: I can't believe TOTM can effect me that much. To make things worse I've left my shakes at home - I will just have to stick to water until I get home at 6pm. I thought I had some emergency ones in the car but I must have used them. My boss has already told me that I must eat something today and I told him to bog off (told you I am grumpy) This mornings gain has not helped my mood. Hopefully this will only be a slight blip and might even reduce by tomorrows weigh in. Fingers crossed.

Hope you all had good weekends - I will try to catch up on posts over the day - boss is going to gym this morning:p

Weigh in results

Hello,

I've lost 2.5lbs this week - taking me to 10st 8:) I'm actually quite pleased with this as TOTM too.

I'm moving onto 790 now as I am now 15lbs from goal (15lbs before Sept 4th???) If I stick to the diet plan 100% I should be able to achieve that I think (7 weeks:eek: maybe not but I won't be too far off)

My problem with SS has been that when I have cheated recently it has been binge eating not sensible eating - I have got to move up through the steps otherwise I will be back at square one and all those doubters will be able to say "I told you so" and I refuse to give them the satisfaction:mad:

I have stocked up on quorn, tuna in water and chicken breasts ready for this coming week and will shop for fresh veg tonight.

Hope everyone is well - I sometimes feel like its only me reading this (but I don't mind too much as it helps to keep me on track when I re-read my thoughts and I do tend to waffle)

Anyway - back to work for now, I will post more when the MD has gone out (yes I share the office with the MD but I am the Boss:))

Feeling crappy

I have woken up with such a bad sore throat today - I think that I will only manage shakes/soups today:(

I was bad last night and went down the pub with hubby for a meal (veg lasange & salad)but I stuck to water - the landlord thinks I'm very bizarre:p
I didn't particularly enjoy the meal as I felt so bloated and uncomfortable afterwards - unfortunately it is the kind of local pub that only serves pub grub (meat & veg) so there wasn't much choice - they only serve warm chicken salad at lunchtimes:sigh:

I'm back on track today but feeling rough - the sore throat is not too surprising as a friend of mine came into work complaining that she had one last weekend. Thanks very much I say to her - she has shared it around the office.

Short day at work today so I don't mind Fridays - finish at 1.30pm every week.

Hope everyone is okay - things seem a bit quite on here...is everyone on hols?

Take care

Hi Cheeseontoast (I love your name)My wedding pics are in my gallery - just click on the name next to gallery under my avatar and you should be able to see them.Good luck with your re-start. Did you keep a diary before? are you keeping one now?I'm off to see if I can find one..

Hi to all,I haven;t been on much recently as when I got home on Friday my utility room, hallway and bathroom was under water. Not much it has to be said (only couple of inches max) but it was spreading to the living room.So we have been mopping up all weekend - we had every single towel that we own spread out on the floor then spent the night wringing them out to start again. Our house is like a furnace too - we have got the central heating on full.I know that we got off very lightly - it could have been much worse. Luckily the carpets are drying now but we are left with a horrible damp smell. & I had all the horrible damp towels to wash & dry (no tumble dryer).If anyone has suffered with the floods you have my every sympathy and if there is anything that I can do - just let me know.The worst thing for us is that the carpets are only 6 months old - we had all new ones fitted before the wedding. We also live on a hill so not quite sure what happened there apart from the sheer amount of rainfall on Fri (Stow had 98mm apparently)Never mind - like I said it could have been so much worse so we are lucky.The diet has gone on hold this weekend but I'm back on track today.Good luck everyone

Hi Cheeseontoast (I love your name)My wedding pics are in my gallery - just click on the name next to gallery under my avatar and you should be able to see them.Good luck with your re-start. Did you keep a diary before? are you keeping one now?I'm off to see if I can find one..

Hello, Thanks for your reply. Lovely pics, you look stunning.
No, I didn't keep a diary the first time round. I didn't know about this site then. May start a diary this time once i'm over the rough first few days.

Confession Time

Hi all,

I'm not sure what is wrong with me at the moment but I seem to be very emotional - one minute I'm happy and the next I am ready to burst into tears.

I have been sticking to the 790 plan but last night I went to my local co-op to top up on quorn pieces and a handmade chocolate cake was calling to me (small loaf tin size with choc butter cream and small flakes on top)

I got home - had my 790 meal (quorn with oriental chilli sauce and veg) then proceeded to eat the whole bloody cake:eek::mad:

When I was eating it I felt so sick and actually said "I don't want this" but I couldn't stop (yes I know that I could but I didn't) I then hid the wrapper in the bin so that hubby didn't find out.

Something is severly wrong in this picture. I know that I was eating because of the emotions - I haven't actually pigged out like that for such a long time...I have fallen off the wagon but not like that.

I feel so sick with myself. I can't understand why I feel so down??:sigh: (it's not TOTM either)

I will try to get back on track today and think I will make hubby do all the shopping from now on so I am not tempted anymore.

I have already drunk 1.1/2 ltrs this morning and having my first shake at morning break (10am)

Hope you are all well and having a better diet journey than I am at the moment.

Take care & have a great weekend

Carb fest continued

Hi all,

Well this weekend was another washout diet wise.
My head still isn't quite in the right place - still feeling all emotional but I need to get to the reason behind that before I can move on (if that makes sense)

I won't bore you with what I gorged on, but needless to say it was very carb laden. I got on the scales yesterday morning and I had gained 7lbs since my last official weigh in:eek: Two weeks of messing around.
Felt very down yesterday but then I came on here and joined the August challenge. That has really motivated me - yesterday turned into a good day..I drank 4ltrs:tear_drop: and had my three sachets along with some chicken and veg, and I also got loads done at work too (double bonus):p

I stood on the scales this morning and had lost 4lbs since yest - big relief I have to say. But it has also given me the incentive to continue. My first official weigh in for August is Tues 7th so I hope to at least be back down to my last official weight by then. (I've got enough to last me this week so I'm not going tonight)

I've said that I will lose 14lbs in this challenge...I'm on 790 so not entirely sure that I will but I will give it a damn good go.:D (technically I'm supposed to be moving up through the stages too)

So far I have drunk 1ltr:tear_drop: and will aim to have first shake at morning break.

Good luck with your diets everyone

Hi Lenny,

It sounds as though you've got your head in the right place ready for August! I'm going to join you in sticking to the plan 100% for August after I fell off at the weekend from moving house.

It's now time to pick yourself up and look forward to loosing that last little bit :) Good Luck chick!

N xx

Back