Weigh in again

August challenge here I come

Hi all,

I had another good day yesterday...drank approx 4.1/2 ltrs and had my three sachets and quorn with veg for dinner.

I have woken up in good spirits today even though I am freezing...the sun is shining in Oxford and I am sitting at my desk wearing my fleece:sigh: My hands are so cold too, I keep wrapping them around my mug of hot water just to keep them warm. I guess it doesn't help that I have a desk job...I'm working on company cash flow and who I can pay from our purchase ledger. (boring)

Next I will have to calculate our md's expenses for last month and pay him some money too.

I have managed 1.1/2 ltrs so far and I have just finished my first choc mint shake.
I'm off to take some paracetamol now as I have a slight headache (combination of carb withdrawel & hubby's cold I think)

My first official wi for August is next tues so will let you know how I get on.
I've got exercising tonight - my sis and I are doing the Tae-bo dvd - she is in need of some harmless violent behaviour (boyf trouble).

Have a good day everyone

Snap! I to am sitting at my desk wearing an ugly work fleece despite it being gloriously sunny outside grrr bleeding ketosis haha! :)

I'm glad you in good spirits - between us we sounds as though we have got this sorted down to a T! yay xx

finally changed ticker to show true weight at moment

Morning all,

I have now weighed 10st 11lbs for the last three days so I have finally been truthful and changed my ticker to reflect the gain since my last official wi (17/07)

So this is my August challenge start weight.

I feel in control this morning - last nite I did eat one roast potato and a small yorkshire at mums (it's always at her house that I cheat more - probably because she has food in the cupboards whereas mine look like old mother hubbards ha ha ha)

I still drank the water yesterday 4.5ltrs and today I hope to do the same. I have just written myself a to-do list at work and think I am going to be very busy today - so I will have to catch up on posts later.

I had an early start this morning (out the house at 6am) so I have already made good headway into the H2O and will try to last until 10am before I have my first shake.

Have a good day everyone.:D

Hope you have a good day Lenny, don't work about that 1 roast potato your water will have balanced it out!

Well done for feeling in control now as well - about time to missy missy lol! Lets get this off soon, If I can fight the evil totm deamons you can def do it!

Well done for feeling in control now as well - about time to missy missy lol! Lets get this off soon, If I can fight the evil totm deamons you can def do it![/quote]

I know that I can do it, I just got complacent because I am close to goal and everyone is telling me to stop.. BUT I will do this I am in control of my diet, my diet is no longer going to control me.

Wow, how deep am I this morning:eek:

I do believe that these 18lbs will prob be the hardest though!:sigh:

2lbs gain this morning!!!!

Hi All and Good Morning,

I got on the scales this morning just out of curiosity really as yesterday afternoon TOTM started one week early (i'm on the pill..this should not happen. Caught me very unaware I can tell you, luckily I always keep something in my bag:mad:)

Anyway the scales read 10st 13 today. I'm not too pleased but at least it explains my mood swings this past week and my carb fest at the weekend.

I'm pushing the water today to get rid of those two lbs and trying to ignore the stomach cramps. Luckily it is friday and an early finish so I can go home and curl up with h.w.b. I do have to go to the hygienist (sp?) but that shouldn't take too long...bl**dy dentists always finding ways to get our money. Today should only cost £39.00 so he tells me:eek:

We are off on the rib tomorrow so I'm not sure what I will do diet wise...probably take some water, a battery whisk and shakes along with me or find somewhere to have my chicken salad and then have shakes when I get home again (only going for the day so not too bad)

Hope you all have a good day and a great weekend
Take care
Speak to you next week:)

Awww no Lenny I feel your pain bloody totm!!! I to am sitting here glugging the water however I weighed in at 10:11 this morning lol! I am only 5"2 though so still wearing a 12/14 grrrr!

Feel rotten and have a big bloated belly :eek:( Widh I could finish early and go home snuggle up with a water bottle! instead Im here til 6 working away, walking 1/2 hour home jumping in the car and going to pick up COnor so no chance of me relaxing!

Have a lovley weekend and keep strong through it! I will promise to try my best as well :)

N xxx

Afternoon everyone,

I am beginning sound like a broken record and even I am getting fed up with myself. I actually had a great weekend BUT I ate.

Saturday - soup for lunch and bbq for dinner (inc bread rolls x 2 and quorn burgers with salad)
probably not enough water - couldn't guess how much.

Sunday - we left home at 7am to pick up friends to go out on the rib. Started the day with a cup of black tea, then went on our way (2.5 hr drive to Poole so couldn't drink any water - knowing how many toilet breaks I take during a day I was dreading it)
Got to Poole, boat wasn't in water yet so we went for a cuppa (they all ate crisps, sandwiches and chocolate but I stuck to my tea) After a toilet stop I put on my life jacket and got into the boat. We had a fantasic time crashing through the sea at 35mph and finally dropped anchor just off the IofW. I had a shake and a glass of water (they had quiche, flapjack & cornish pasties) We were on the boat for a total of 5 hours with no toilet. I was so headachey by the time we got back into the car for the journey back and felt quite sick. I resemble a lobster today so def too much sun:p The return journey took 3.5 hours again with no toilet breaks. I had another cup of tea at the in laws when we collected dog then we went on our way to drop off the friends.

Then we went for a chinese on our way to our house:mad::eek::mad: I didn't go mad - chicken & mushroom with plain noodles but I didn't have to have any at all and I am SOOOOOOOOOO mad with myself.

The scales show another 2lbs gain today and I feel so poorly. Very dehydrated. I have already drunk approx 3.5 ltrs today and its only lunchtime. I have had two shakes today and I am not sure whether to 790 or go back to SS. At least with SS I am not having anything and I'm not tempted to add a little extra.... am sure I am having too many veg (protein I do weigh but hubby is not very good at measuring veg)

What is wrong with me????? I was so close to goal and now my scales are moving in the wrong direction because I haven't got the will power to say NO.

Sorry for the rant, I am really fed up and feel awful (I have got the aftersun gel in the fridge at work and I am glowing!)

Going home to think about what I want to do later after I have taken the dog for a walk. August challenge has not gotten off to a good start, weigh in is tomorrow and I will be the only one who has gained on their first wi.

I apologise for my pathetic whinging.

Hope you are all well?:)

Hi All:)

Well its official wi day for August and this morning the scales read 10st 12lbs which means I have gained 1lb since last week but lost 2lbs since yesterday (guess that was due to dehydration on Sunday)

I will be seeing my cdc tonight for more supplies and try to discuss why I still eat when I am emotional???

Any ideas???

I thought that I had a grip on it but the last three weeks have shown me that I really don't. Any slight change in emotion and I have turned to carbs (mainly fresh white crusty rolls and chocolate it has to be said - with the occasional chinese thrown in) I have even found myself doing it when I am bored and on my own - then I hide the evidence so hubby doesn't know...this is making feel very ashamed of myself.

I need to kick start my diet and take a good look at me. Money is a bit tight at the mo so I am stressing about that too which never helps - maybe that is the problem...with or without hubby around, my money worries are always there.

I will give this diet a couple more weeks but then funds might mean a change of plan...So I really need a kick up the backside and shift these last 19lbs. I wanted to be in the 9's before my next birthday and I am determined to be.

Better get on with some work - catch you all later:)

Doughnuts from a lovely boss

Afternoon,

My boss has just bought in jam doughnuts for everyone so I thought I would nip on here to avoid the temptation. ( I did decline one even though he waffed it under my nose) The open bag is still on his desk and the smell is gorgeous:sigh:

Anyway...after much thought and feeling very low past couple of weeks I have decided to go back onto SS to give me a kickstart. Hubby has said that he will join me for this week so that is a huge help.

I have drunk over 3.1/2 ltrs today so far and will be going to aerobics tonite. Hopefully I will have time for my soup beforehand.

My cdc scales were identical to mine yesterday (even though I weighed on mine in the nude first thing in the morning and on hers in clothing (of course) at 5.30pm) bizarre.

So I am back on day 1 and should be in the pink by the weekend (I am on my own again so I shall have to keep busy)

Ketosis here I come.;)

Hi Lenny,

Good luck with SSing and well done for not giving into the doughnuts, I think I can smell them from here:p

Love Mini xxx

Thanks Mini,

The smell is sooooooo distracting I might have to take them into the canteen so I can process these invoices.

Of course being on MiniMins has nothing to do with me not getting them on the purchase ledger;)

Good luck to you this week:)

Poorly stomach today

Afternoon all,

I am feeling really ill today, I have a very dodgy tummy:eek: The pain of the stomach ache woke me up at 2am and I had to go to the bathroom. I felt better when I got up at 6 so decided to go into work but when I started drinking my warm water...well lets just say that I have "been" 4 times already and its only lunch time. I have tried not to drink anything cos it seems to go straight through (sorry tmi)

I told my boss that as soon as he gets back in from his farting around this morning I am going home, with lots of work to take with me I might add but he left at 10am and is still not back even knowing how I am feeling.. Bloody men (okay not all just him - yesterday he was bing nice by buying the doughnuts but today I am ill so he is an arse)

I have also got a swollen lip due to a really painful cold sore (what a state I am in at the moment)!:sigh:

Diet is still going well - I was very good yesterday and so far today I have attempted to have anything. I will when I get home though.

Have a good day everyone:)

Feel much better today

Good Morning All:)

I am feeling much better today and have been back in work since 7.30am.

I did manage my three sachets yesterday but only 2.5 litres of water so I am going to up that today. My stomach problems didn't stop until 7pm last nite so I had a soup and hot choc after then.

I have a slight headache but nothing to worry about.

Hubby is away today and tomorrow so I shall keep myself occupied with housework:eek: The ironing pile is so big now that it is going to take hours - my own fault for leaving it.

Work is busy at the mo, especially as I was off from 1.30pm yesterday so I have lots to catch up on.
I also have all of yesterdays posts to catch up on(minimins will be my working downfall:D)

Have a good day :)

Had a great weekend

Morning All,

Hope you all had good weekends?

I was very good over the past two days. I stuck to my shakes & soups (with some marshmallows thrown in :p) They have knocked me out of ketosis but never mind. Back on the straight and narrow since yesterday.

I kept myself busy over the weekend. Did my washing on Fri after work to get it all out of the way, housework Saturday morning and then drove over to visit mum and in-laws (they live 4 miles apart).

MIL birthday on Sunday so we have arranged to go out for one meal to celebrate her birthday and mine (sept 4) a joint celebration of being off diet for one night instead of two.

Temptation was calling me when I went with my mum & sister to Millets Farm Shop on Sat afternoon. (I'd forgotten my shake so I was hungry) There were lots of goodies but I didn't give in. I went home, had my shake and read a book while hubby ate cheese, ham & marmite toasties:sigh:

Yesterday we woke up early (7.00 ish) and took the dog for a 5 mile walk through a country house estate. Drinking all this water is a real pain when you are walking...there are no convenient toilets just bushes & trees - luckily it was still early and no-one else was around.:p
Also yesterday TOTM started again - this diet really plays havoc with my periods. I was "on" the week before for a couple of days.

Today I am doing fine - I have a slight headache and stomach cramps but nothing too severe. Hubby has told me he will SS until Fri but I will wait to see this - he has promised to join me for weeks now and something always crops up to make him eat.

My WI has been moved to tonight so I hope I can drink the water retention away before then. I'll let you know.

Better get on - boss has just driven into the car park.

Take care

5lbs off

Morning all,

I was 10st 7 on my scales this morning so that is 5lbs off.:D

I am really happy with this and it has boosted me onto this coming week.

Hope you are all okay?????

Take Care:D

Well Done Lenny! 5lb is fab, Im most impressed :) :) :)

I'm back on Day 1 today and Im not breaking it for anyone or anything now. Iv got 6 weeks til the wedding and Id love to be 1 1/2 stone lighter by then! Please oh Please oh Please work lol! :) xxx

Hi All,

Its thursday and I have a confession:eek:

I ate half a pizza and most of a share bar of cadburys turkish delight last night.

I don't even know why - I had been good all day, had my 3 sachets, drank at least 4 ltrs of water, went exercising and then on way home went to tesco and bought the bad stuff.

I did feel soooooooo stuffed and sick so it really wasn't worth it either. I think my problem is that I have been looking into the Unit diet and have been reading all the blurb and menu plans available. Food is on my mind.:eek:

I have put that behind me and thrown the remains in the bin. I will be good for the rest of the week until WI next wednesday, then I am def moving up through the steps. 790, then 1000 maybe onto 1200 for a week then I shall move onto Unit for maintenance.

I have loved the results of CD but I am getting a little bored with it. I also want to re-introduce foods, there have been so many occasions that I have postponed until I am off CD or meals with friends when I am having a shake and they are having a big roast. This isn't a social diet but it has worked and I am forever grateful for that...I wasn't a fat bride and have some fantastic wedding pics. That was my biggest nightmare and it didn't happen thanks to CD.

Sorry for the waffle - so day 1 again :rolleyes:

I have drunk at least 1 ltr so far this morning.

Oh forget to say...last nights blip hadn't affected the scales this morning:confused:

Good luck everyone

Morning Lenny :)
Well done on resisting the donuts but step away from the Pizza LOL

I too slipped up with chocs yesterday (I don't even normally like chocolates!)
Anyway, determined to have a better day today. Hope you do too

K xxx

Lenny I think your doing the right thing by moving up the steps that way you can eta and not feel guilty for it, besides you have got a healthy bmi now and they do say you shouldn't ss when you have one. You have done so well on it and there is no need to punish yourself by ss'ing then falling off and beating yourself up etc. You always end up picking the bad things as well when you fall - hmm funny that chocolate or pizza is alot more tempting than a salad or some veg tee hee :)

Good Luck for today chick, Im now on day 3 and glugging the water however no shift on the scales grrrr :( Also dead nervous for my interview!

N xxx

Back