Weigh in again

Headache from Hell

Hello All of you fellow Cders:)

I have the headache from hell today - okay I am being a drama queen and exaggerating but the noises from the factory are really not helping my pounding head (right in left temple area). I stupidly have run out of tablets and not replaced them yet.:eek:

I go home in 45 mins so I shall drive home and then take a tablet or two while I have my second shake.

Water intake is good today - at least 2.75ltrs so far plus two cups of mint green tea.

I have been really busy today and managed to accomplish loads of work somehow.

I've just had a phone call from my twin saying that my mum is going into hospital this afternoon with some infection in her foot that is spreading up her leg, so it looks as though this weekend will be spent visiting her. Luckily we are a big family and can take it in turns so we don't have to spend too much time there - I hate hospitals!! Then to top it all off my big brother is going in next fri to have his hip operation so next weekend will also be up there - just a different hospital (Oxford has three main hospitals) This also means that I have to drive from Stow to Oxford to visit them - at least 1 hour each way depending on traffic.

Sorry for moaning - I do love them and would do anything for them really. I don't really begrudge them a visit either. I'm just in a bad mood because of my head (watch out John & Bella).;)

I'm heading home to do some housework and washing so that will keep me busy this afternoon.

Hope you are all well?????

Take care and have a good weekend:)

Hi Lenny,

Very sorry to hear your mother is not well and in hospital.

Your probably feeling very stressed just thinking about her and your brother.:hug99:

You did achieve your goal of being a slim Bride which is absolutely fantastic achievement and you put all your energy and motivation into getting there.

You don't have the same pressure on you now diet wise and it can be difficult to muster energy and motivation as before.

Nevertheless, I think your plan of working the steps and see how you go is very good.

I do like the 790 CD plan myself, so far so good.:)

The unit diet does look very interesting.

Hope your feeling in better form soon:hug99: Headaches are very debilitating.

Love Mini xxx

Morning All,

I feel much better today - my headache has gone and I am upbeat today.:D

Fri - I went home, had a quick tidy up, put on the washing, took three tablets and went to bed for 3 hours. Felt slightly better when I woke up and had my final two shakes of the day. My older sister phoned to say that Mum was actually coming home:) They gave her some tablets and sent her on her way. Although my twin and Mum were there from 1.00pm until 10.15pm (waiting for tablets from 7pm)

Sat - visited in laws and then mum. Drank lots of water and went home.

Sun - vacuumed the house and cleaned the bathroom as we were having friends around for lunch. They arrived at 1.30pm and hubby somehow cremated my chicken breast (having 790 meal otherwise it makes people feel awkward...me drinking my shake & them eating) So I ended up having some of my friends veggie meal - leek & butternut roast. It was very nice and I didn't have much, with lots of veg. I did resist the blackcurrent cheesecake with ice-cream though and drank lots of water. ( I had even made a special trip to tesco as the only veg hubby had bought was carrots and green beans, so I went and got some broccoli and mushrooms).

I'm pottering at work today - my to do list is written but I haven't made much of a start yet.

I have had my first shake and I've drunk 2 ltrs so far.

Hope you are all well and had good weekends:)

Hi Lenny,
Glad all ok with your Mum and sounds like you had a good weekend diet wise.
I'm back at day 1 of the restart after a complete blip at end of the week.

It's hard with the wedding out of the way isn't it? We'll get there though. :)

Have a good day
K xxx

Hi Kitty - yes I have to agree with the motivation of getting into the dress gone it is very hard but like you said we will get there.

Well....yesterday I got a phone call and mum had been phoned by the hospital because they wanted to see her and yes they kept her in!!! I went straight up there from work to keep her & my twin company but I was so hungry that I ended up having a quarter of her cheese & tomato sandwich. This lasted me until I could get home to have my final shake of the day so I don't feel angry it could have been much worse (there isn't much to eat at this particular hospital after 5pm as the canteen is closed and you have to make do with vending machines)

Anyway I am not going up there tonight but I will go tomorrow straight after work so I will try to space out my shakes so I have something before I go up there. It also means missing weigh in - oh dear ha ha ha.

I have been fairly good this week but the scales don't seem to have moved very much. I shall weigh at home in the morning just so I can update the August challenge. It doesn't look likely that I will succeed in the challenge or get into the 9's before my birthday but I shouldn't be too far off.

Got to go and drink lots of water- the weather is grey and overcast here (miserable in other words)

Hope you all have a good day:)

Morning:p

I was 10st 6lbs this morning so a loss of just 1lb this week for me.

I'm actually okay with this as I did eat on Sunday and I wasn't expecting the same fantastic result as last week.

No official wi for me tonight, I'm off to the hospital to visit mum. She is okay and luckily not in any pain - she has got an infection in the second toe on her right foot and the end of that bone has turned to mush:eek:. She hasn't got much feeling in her feet so they seem to think that she might be diabetic. Hence they are doing lots of tests and keeping her in with iv medication.

Anyway - I'd better get back to work as I've got a long list of things to do before I leave early at 3.45pm.
I've drunk approx 1.1/4 litres so far and will split my three packets over the day and have my meal when I get home. (about 9pm)

I'll catch up on posts later today - have a good one:D

Lenny I hope your mum is ok and I've got my fingers crossed for you. 1lb loss this week is fab considering you ate. Are you 790'ing all the way now? xx

Hi Nat,

I'm 790'ing this week and then moving onto 1000a next week - I'm quite scared at the thought of re-introducing carbs but I'm also looking forward to having toast again:p

The one thing I have missed most is hot toast with marmite:)

I had the weekend off CD!

Morning all,

just a quick update really.

We went down to Poole at the weekend (fri & sat) and I decided that I would eat...not go mad but try to be healthy. I did get to eat my marmite on toast though:p and I don't feel any guilt whatsoever:eek:

I was discussing the diet with my older sis who is also struggling and seeming to be at a plateau, anyway I think our problem is because we can now fit into our size 12's that we have become complacent with cd. We are still watching the scales but the motivation has gone.

I have been good since yesterday - back on track with 790 and my weigh in is tomorrow at 5.15pm. So I will let you know how naughty I have been.

I will get enough packets to last me two weeks as it is my birthday next week and hubby has said that he wants to take me out and also get me a cake. TBH I don't want to diet on my birthday so I will go and try to be good and maybe tell him to get a slice of cake rather than a whole one.

Then I have another week before weigh in.

Hope you all had good weekends:)

P.s Mum is still in hospital but doing well. The infection has gone down but it looks as though she will be moved into the bone infection clinic and she will have to have that section of toe removed as it is mush now. She has also got to see a neurologist about why she has no feeling in her legs :confused:. She can still use her legs though but if she dropped scalding water on them below the knee she wouldn't feel it! Weird!!!

Ref: Quorn website

I don't know if you saw but I started a thread on Friday moaning about the quorn website showing that I am still overweight with my BMI above 23.5.??

Anyway I sent a snotty email to Quorn and when I got home on Sat there was a letter from Quorn apologising and promising to look into the information on their website (I complained that the info was different from everyone else) and let me know the results.

They also gave me a load of recipe cards and 4 x £1.00 off vouchers to use.

Result!!!:)

I've just managed to get tickets to go and see Foo Fighters at O2 arena in November:D

I will be smiling all day now - that is my reward to myself for losing the weight that I have.

I can't wait he he he:D:D:D:D

diet wise - all is going well

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I am not dieting today!

Hello all,

Hope everyone is well today.

It is a gorgeous sunny day here in Oxfordshire and I am drinking my first shake of the day and just starting my second litre of water.

I will not be dieting too strictly today...we are going out for a meal later or maybe getting a takeaway (we haven't decided yet) We are going out with my twin and her partner too of course.

I'm also filling out an application form for a new job today...I turn 33 and its all change for me.
To be honest I am fed up of all the politics here and want to get away from it.

I haven't been near the scales so I'm not sure what I weigh.:cool:

Hope you all have great weigh ins and have a fantastic day wherever you may be.

Take care:D

Hi Lenny!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Hope you have a fab day and enjoy yourself tonight, tis lovely and sunny here toso i will have a water or a coke zero in your birthday honour tee hee! :) xx

Hi to everyone,

Just coming on to say that I feel crappy....I haven't managed one day on this diet for the last two - three weeks and I have been binging on such stupid things:mad:

I got on the scales this morning after a carb fest last night and I am now 11.4.:cry: That is 12lbs on since I last updated my tracker. (I haven't got the energy to do that at the moment as it will really depress me).

I know why I have been doing this to myself - boredom and loneliness. My hubby is doing a charity project at the moment. A group of blokes from the village are walking the Thames (all 184 miles) in 10 days and John is there support crew in an inflatable. This started last Thursday and will finish on Sunday evening. John has been home in that time but he is just so tired from all the travelling that he is asleep before he walks in the door. He has had the dog with him most days. He dropped her off last night (11.30pm he got in) and left at 6.15am this morning, I will see him again on Sunday evening.:sigh: He has also been away a lot for work before he started this so he could take the time off.

I am whinging and don't get me wrong this is a fantastic thing he is doing but I get so bored on my own for too long.

Also Mum has been in hospital until last night and I have been visiting her too but it means I have been eating hospital vending machine sandwiches with her when she eats her dinner. I tried to have my shakes before I go but the smell gets to me everytime.

I have no willpower at all.:mad:

So today is another day 1 on SS for me. I have had 1.1/2 litres so far and will try to hold out on my first shake until 11.30am. I can feel a headache brewing so I will take some tablets.

I have got 2 baskets of ironing that need to be done so I will actually get around to them later. (I finish work at 1.30pm on Fridays) On a plus side - with John and Bella being gone most of the week, the house doesn't need too much doing to it. A quick vacuum and dusting and I will be finished.:p

Feeling quite low but I'm determined that the cravings will not get the better of me today. (I have also taken the precaution of throwing all the food in the fridge into the bin including the delicious chocolate birthday cake which my older sisters made for me)

I will probably not be on over the weekend - housework and washing will be priority, then visiting mum at her house. Then I shall come home & settle down to watch the series one boxset of Ghost Whisperer that I was given by my twin for our birthday.

Bye for now - hope you all have great weekends:)
Take care

Morning all,

Firstly I must apologise for my last post - I had severe pmt and its a good job that I was on my own with only Bella for company really.

Yes it is the dreaded time of the month again....I think that explains why I was feeling so low and I think I must have been retaining water quite badly even though I am drinking loads.

I have had a good weekend but I did succumb to a chicken salad with balsamic vinegar on Sat night:eek:

I have been drinking approx 4.1/2 litres per day and I am happy to say that when I got on the scales they were 7lbs down from Friday:D

I also got all of my housework, washing and ironing done too so I am a happy bunny... until this weekend when it starts all over again:p

Anyway, good luck to everyone for today.

Hope you all had great weekends:)

Hi Lenny,

Glad your back on track and feeling better now :) I to was rubbish had 5 days off and am now back on it again. I've got this wedding in 12 days and I was hoping to be a stone lighter by then but it isn't looking promising! I am thinking of just ss'ing as opposed to 790'ing to see if it makes a better difference! Are you sticking with the 790?? So fed up with myself have been back from Prague for 2 months so could have lost 2 stone in that time but instead I've lost about 1/2!! Grrrrrr

Anyway I hope you had a lovely birthday chick, I had my final supper last night and did the same thing as you - I threw out all the food I couldn't eat again and made sure J took the massive bar of cadburys back home with him.

Together we can get back on the wago and go for it! I'm running out of time now!!! I need all the help I can get now!

N xxx

Are you sticking with the 790?? So fed up with myself have been back from Prague for 2 months so could have lost 2 stone in that time but instead I've lost about 1/2!! Grrrrrr

N xxx

Morning Nat,

I know exactly what you mean....I have been farting around since I go back from honeymoon losing and gaining the same 7 - 10lbs.

I am going to the lake district for a week in October and I would love to be closer to goal by then, so this is my next goal to be at least 10st 2lb before 5/10.

I am ssing this week but will move onto 790 after tomorrows wi. I haven't been to see my cdc for two weeks so she doesn't actually know about last weeks gain yet, so I will prob show a "stayed the same" on hers.

Anyway, aerobics class for me tonight and tomorrow.

I will post the results of wi when I get back on Wednesday.

Hubby is away again from tonight until thursday, so I will need the minimins disctraction.

Hope you all have a good day:)

Back