Weigh in again

LENNY4974

Silver Member
Hi All,

I re-started SS again yesterday after gaining 8lbs on my planned break (wedding & honeymoon). The break should have lasted 2.1/2 weeks but it somehow made it to 4!!:mad:

When I got back from Ireland I tried to go back to SS but I have really struggled with it...I was okay at work (shakes and lots of water) but when I got home all my good intentions went out of the window.

I want to get back on track to get to my goal (21lbs to go) and to do this properly, including working up through the stages. I have had a major carb fest recently and tbh I have felt awful with it but couldn't seem to stop myself. My head wasn't in the right place.

I am slightly worried because when I SS'd before I had the motivation of my wedding and I don't want to get complacent. Although tbh when we were on hols and I was in my short shorts or bikini I could look in the mirror and still see the bigger version of me, flabby thighs & stomach etc.

My head knew thatI am a size 10/12 now but my eyes hadn't caught up yet.

I am in a better place today and I am on my second day back on SS. All is going well (lots of trips to the loo) and not feeling too hungry and I am off to aerobics at 7pm. I must admit that I went to bed early last nite to avoid thinking about food:eek:

My first weigh in is on Thursday (my CDC has been on hols) so it will be a four day weigh in. I don't mind because I am now determined that I can do this.

I will let you know how it goes. I want to wish all the re-starters all the very best for this week.

Sorry for sounding so pathetic and whingy:eek:

Hi hon,

you didnt sound whingy at all!! just realistic and human!

Funny how these 2 week breaks end up lasting alot more!!! I promised myself after the honeymoon at the end of may I would get straight back to CD....did I.??? DID I HECK!!!would be about 1st lighter now if I had!!LOL never mind back to i now..and thats the main thing.

Anyway as I just said to Lottie.......we now need to focus on ourselves and what we wnat from this long term...rather than just for one day. I loved feeling slimmer last yr and I am determind to get back to that and sort my head and eatng out once and for all.
That chatter box needs locking up never to return...and I guess the less we let her win, the weaker she gets and the stronger our resolve is(easy to say now I know!!:rolleyes:)

Anyway we can and will do this..its a case of getting past the first few days and starting to see the results...that we know and love!!!

Have a good day honey and let us knhow how its going!

Hugs Lou X

Thanks for the kind words and support Sonya and Lou:)

I am having a good day today - so far I have had one shake and 2 ltrs of water. I am feeling headachy and cold today but that could just be down to the weather:sigh: This miserable weather is really not helping is it???

Sonya - I am going to put the wedding day report on my bride to be diary as a closure sort of thing and I will try to add piccies to my gallery (if I can work out how). Hopefully I will do this tomorrow nite as I have another exercise class tonite at 6pm.

Last nites class went well but I was very hungry when I got home (hubby was having burgers and salad) I did steal a few salad leaves but I am not beating myself up about them - I prob worked off more calories than I took in. I then sat down with my peppermint green tea (favourite new drink)

Work is still very busy at the mo, but at least I am back online (We went off line May 1st) and I can minimin again:D:p

I know that I can do this now - funny isn't it??Last week was so hard and I really couldn't be bothered with it - I think my chatterbox must be asleep or maybe she is still swimming in all the rain that we had. The rain came in our back door and the utility room and hall carpet are soaked (new carpet in hall:mad:) Never mind it could have been a lot worse so we should be thankful.

Hope you all have a good day:)

Hi,

I finally managed to add some photos to my gallery from my wedding day, so if anyone is interested - please feel free to take a look. The day description is on my bride to be diary.

I have just finished day 3 of my restart and have found it okay. I haven't really been hungry except when I had to go to Tesco's before I had my last shake.

My exercise class was quite slow going today - I didn't have too much energy so I took it easy.
I came home and had a nice hot bath.

Now I am watching CSI on sky and drinking my peppermint tea, catching up on all the posts I missed today. Hubby has gone to his diving course and won't be home till later.

Goodnite all - hope you have a good day tomorrow:p

Hi Lenny,

Just saw your wedding pics, you both look lovely. You look so loved-up that it's made me go all gushy and girly again!!

Can totally relate to you getting back on to it...it's like the carrot has gone (and been eaten), so I guess we need to look to something else for the motivation. Like Lou said, let try and think past the wedding and what we REALLY REALLY want long term. It's hard when you know that you look good, very hard, but think how good we'll all look when we are where we want to be??

Thanks Lottie, We had a lovely day and I have bored everyone silly with the photos:p

My head is sorted now and I am determined to get to 9.5:eek: (I can't remember the last time I was that) I am prepared for a gentle jog rather than a race...I am thinking of progressing through the stages after two weeks of ss. But I will see how it goes:p

TBH I feel quite crappy today - very weak and wobbly!? Luckily I have a desk job that requires lots of sitting! On a plus note the stick was def in the pink this morning so I am chuffed ( if i ignore the rancid taste in my mouth that is;)) Gold spot is always on hand. ha ha ha First shake of the day coming up at 10. 1.1/2 litres of water already downed too.

Hope you have a good day everyone.

My weigh in is tonite so will post with the results tomorrow.

4lbs in 4 days

Hi all,

So I had my weigh in last nite after 4 days on SS and I've lost 4lbs:D

I had a good chat with my CDC too about how I struggled etc and she was fantastic and very understanding - she was quite amazed that I had SS for 4 days 100%. She also agreed you have to be in the right frame of mind for this diet, or you might as well not bother.

My next weigh in is Tues - so 5 days. I'm going to SS until then and then consider the options - stay on SS for another week or move up to 790?.

I want to be at goal weight before my birthday in Sept - I refuse to have another "Big" birthday:p

My hubby annoyed me last nite - his ex-girlfriend is getting married July 14th and last nite she asked if she could borrow the tiara I wore for my wedding - he said yes:eek:

Now, I am considering selling it (it cost me £110.00) so he didn't think I would mind! I'm not too peeved about the fact that she wants it but she could offer to buy it from me!.

TBH I'm not too sure that it will suit either her or her bridesmaid - If you have seen the wedding pics you will see that I have naturally curly dark hair and the tiara was bought with this in mind. They both have straight, mousy brown hair and I'm not sure it will have the same effect. (am I being bitchy?) I do get on with her so don't get me wrong - I will lend things to anyone but because I want to sell it as "only worn once" - I can't if she has it.

Also, DH has invited her & her fiance around for a meal next Thursday - He knows that I am trying really hard at CD:mad: and he refuses to produce a 790 meal for them. (Her fiance is one of the ones who told me that CD doesn't work & I will put the weight straight back on!)

Anyway - sorry for the whinge.

Hope you all have a good day:)

Oh Lenny!!

No, I'd be kicking off in your circumstance!! I know I prob shouldn't say that, but I'm being honest. I'd be really annoyed that he agreed to the tiara borrow - it's yours to lend IF you want to. And...the fact that it's an ex of his (I admit to having jealous tendancies and so I don't think I'd be comfortable to us all be mates with an ex - even knowing that there is absolutely nothing in it - it's just my low self confidence!!)

Re: tiara, hes backed you into a corner - so maybe suggest that she buys it? Say I was hoping to put a few things from the wedding to buy a ab new outfit I've seen...but shes welcome to first refusal?

Re: Dinner Party - reschedule?

I do think that you need to have a chat with hubby though, as I do mine as I need mine behind me and so, whatever method of dieting I choose, he really needs to support that.

But...at least by posting you may have let off a bit of steam, even if you don't change 'the plans'...let us know what you decide xx

Afternoon all,I fell off the SS wagon yesterday and ended up having a 790 meal with hubby - curried quorn with broccoli and mushrooms.I'm not going to get too stressed out about it though it could have been a lot worse.Anyway today I am going to 790 too - my sis and boyf are coming around for dinner tonight and then staying over. They are both on WW so I should be able to pick from whatever hubby cooks for them - just no carbs or foods not on list. AT least tomorrow there will be exercise when we take the dogs out for a long walk (prob in the rain).I have been busy this morning. I blitzed the house from top to bottom and have already done two loads of washing. I've managed 2 litres of water so far and have had one shake.For some reason I am out of ketosis but I'm sure you can always rely on the stix - my mouth still feels horrible and I have death breath!I am off to visit mum now - leaving hubby to watch the grand prix qualifying in peace.Hope you are all having a good day.Take care

Well my sensible plan went right out of the window.

I managed to eat anything and everything within reach (crisps, biscuits, pavlova, fudge and minstrels:eek:) I can't even explain why - it is so frustrating that I can't stick to SS for 1 week at the mo.

Re-start on SS again today - 790 on thursday cos of mentioned guests for dinner then back on SS after that. Hubby has agreed to do it too - as we have been invited to his ex-girlfriends wedding and we both want to look fab. He wants his suit to fit him comfortably again and I have a fantastic red dress that I want to wear but not with the carb belly that I have today. Talk about bloated:eek:

I am also annoyed cos I came on today and I have horrendous stomach cramps. I have told my boss that when he gets back from the gym at lunchtime I am off home. I am not due for TOTM for another two weeks.:mad:

I have had 1.1/2 litres of water so far but no shake yet - I can't face it just now.

I'm gonna go home and put on the girlie film that I bought (because I said so) - Hubby is off in Devon working for next couple of days, so I will have the house to myself, except for my dog Bella (avatar)

Hope you all had a better weekend than me - my will power is crap.:sigh:

:ashamed0005:well if we are confessing I will have to own up too!!

have been fine all week was very good at bbq on sat and then was good all day yesterday, then suddenly at 5 ish i just started eating and didnt stop!!! like you..ate :party0051:everythig in sight!! Was very peeped off with myself......only another 2 days and it would have been a whole week!!! :doh:

Never mind back to the water and the ss-ing today!

we can do this...I know we can..we have done it before...we can do it again!:giggle: heres to a good day and a good week for us both!

lou x

I came on today and I have horrendous stomach cramps.

Hi hun,

Please don't give yourself too much of a hard time. You came on early and so your body is probably craving more calories or certain foods, which is prob why you ate more than you planned. I know I certainly crave sweet things - a Dr could prob explain, but you are getting back in control again today. Do what you've said and curl up watching your girly film and if you feel like it later, maybe do 790 today as well. You can then get back to SS'ing after your dinner party with renewed help from your beloved.

Take care

xxx

Feel much better today

Thanks guys - sometimes all you need is a kind word from someone who knows exactly what is going on to make you feel better:)

I am feeling great and more positive today, cramps have gone but killer headache has returned. So I have taken my tablets and I'm back at work trying to sort out yesterdays paperwork. I have been here since 7.30 and so far haven't accomplished very much (the curse of MiniMins ha ha ha).

I have got my weigh in tonite and I'm resigned to a gain but it will be a fresh start from here on. I want to be in that red dress by the 14th. So I have 11 days that I can SS, with one 790 meal thrown in.

I drank so much water yesterday that I had to get up 3 times in the nite - not very good when my alarm goes off at 5am.:eek: I managed to SS yest despite the stomach ache, and I loved my girly film (very silly).

Good luck with all your diets everyone - we can all do this :p

Glad you are feeling better, except the headache of course. As you just read, I'm on an eleven day mission as well, so I'm sure that we can motivate each other.

Good Luck with your weigh in - it's just a measure of your starting point, from here on in, so it doesn't matter if you've fluctuated slightly from last time.

Have a great day clearing that backlog and SS'ing xxx

I gained 0.5lbs & I am chuffed.

I was dreading getting on the scales so to see that small amount made me happy:) (I am so twisted!)

Feeling good today with bags of energy??, and really up to the challenge that is SS. I've just started the water marathon and will have my first shake around 10am.

I'm exercising tonite then will go home to give it a quick vacuum & polish/dusting before the visitors tomorrow. (I only did it on Sat but our cottage is so old (200 yrs) that it gets dusty really quickly, and the dog/hubby can make a mess in less than half an hour!:rolleyes:)

Hope you are all well and feeling great too:D

Back