Weigh in- end of week 3.

justgina

taking it 1 day at a time
Lost 2.5lb this week. I'm really pleased with my progress and am looking forward to being in the 10s next week. Bring it on....

Well done.......everything is going in the right direction :)

Well done...I'm happy too lost 3lbs this week, which are the 3 I put on last week!!

well done girls! :)

well done both of you:)

Well done...I'm happy too lost 3lbs this week, which are the 3 I put on last week!!
Tell me about it! I got down to 10st 7lb last summer and am gutted that I'm having to lose those same pounds again. Just hoping I can keep better control of myself this time. It took me 6 attempts to give up smoking and I've not had a cigarette for over 20 years so I'm sure I will get it eventually if I just keep trying!

Thats so good about the fags...I'm still smoking :( Hubbie is off them 5 months and I keep saying when I lose weight I'll give them up...maybe thats why I haven't been able to stick at losing weight the last 2 years!!!

It took me 8 attempts to pack the fags in.......been 'clean' for 6 years.....I tried everything including the patches......used put them on in the morning take it off around lunchtime have a fag then stick it back on....sometimes it lost it's stickiness so I cellotaped it to keep it in place......LOL. Went cold turkey in the end :).

So my theory is if I can give up smoking.....the dieting lark will be a doddle......LOL

It's not over until the fat lady sings........la la la la

Well done Hun.

I gave up ciggies after second attempt going cold turkey in the end ( hence the even more weight gain LOL ) BUT if i can jack the fags I can defo lose the weight !!! :)

BUT what ultimately gave me the push to stop was a very interesting article documenting research thats been done regarding weight gain or being or remaining over weight and the link to Cigarettes and smoking!! Reading It was enough to make me stop, (silly i no as the cancer scare should have been enough) but i used to think that smoking helped me not to over eat when in actual fact the lack of oxygen in the blood and muscles etc (and other scientific things) was actually contributing to me being over weight!!

x

That is very interesting...no messing one of friends is off the fags 6 years, she was always my dieting partner until about 3 years ago when suddenly she didn't need to diet anymore, she has a really lovely figure now and is pregnant with her 3rd baby in 3 years...my Mother , who will be 78 in August is off the fags 15 years...the last 10 years she has looked great and had no probs with her weight and she always struggled like me...

Well it sounds like there is some truth in it with those peeps you know, I found the article browsing the net and it did seem logical.
Actually the first time i gave up i lost 2 1/2 stone, then when i started smoking again i put nearly 2st back on!! Plus another half from stopping!!! :(
But i must admit I do feel tons betta now without them, and the extra money is great! :) Hopefully once i get this weight off it will stay off with the help of not smoking and not over eating!!

x

Back