Weigh-In Rituals? - Update on P2

Sarah-Jayne

Gold Member
Morning/Afternoon everyone.

Im off to class tonight with my boss and co-worker but just wondered if it would make any difference if I didnt eat or drink after a certian time? Is this a good idea or a bad one?! I always go for a week before weigh-in and thats my ritual but never weighed in the evening before, only in the mornings lol.

Does anyone else do this? Do you make a point of not consuming anything after a certian time before weigh in?

:D

I WI at 5.30 and don't eat or drink anything past 2pm-2.30pm. I have a snack (always something light weight lol) about that time, and a big glass of water but that's it. I also take a bottle of water with me in my handbag for after WI, and usually chow down on some fruit or something after I'm weighed.

I also make sure I've peed (sorry TMI) before WI and take off any extras stuff that's heavy and I don't need, like sweaters etc.

Are you enjoying group hun? xxx

Warning, you always weigh more at night than you do in the morning, so dont be annoyed if your weigh -in is not the result that you expected!

Yeah I was expecting to weigh more Claire, which is always a bummer but dont think i'm going to take this as my official weigh in. Due to weighing every friday morning for the past year, im going to stick with that :)

Yeah, I know how it feels. I have my WI tomorrow and is late at 6:30. After work and generally "this time of the month" I've been already plotting as what to do or not to do to get my accurate weight. I always weight much less in the morning then evening and I am very tempted to avoid food as much as possible on Tuesday. It is so very frustrating :-(
Good luck with your WI's

haha, yeah I totally have rituals!

I make sure never to wear jeans on WI day, and I WI at 5.30pm so don;t drink or eat past 2.

When i went to WW I used to take a bottle of water or squash and then also buy a snack at the meeting. But at my SW class there is a little tea counter place, so I plan on having a cup of tea and a hi-fi bar at the meeting. :) very civilised.

Ohhh so you can actually buy things in class? I didnt stick about last time to have a proper look about! What sort of things can you buy?

Just had my chicken salad lunch and have got 1/2 a honey dew melon left to eat now. Dont fancy it at the moment so may eat it after WI or within the next 45 mins lol.

Im in work clothing and tried to make it as light as possible lol.

Ohhh so you can actually buy things in class? I didnt stick about last time to have a proper look about! What sort of things can you buy?

Just had my chicken salad lunch and have got 1/2 a honey dew melon left to eat now. Dont fancy it at the moment so may eat it after WI or within the next 45 mins lol.

Im in work clothing and tried to make it as light as possible lol.

At my group I can buy:

Books
Hi-Fi bars
Mags (when out)
Scan Bran (aka loft insulation)

And we also do a raffle - our prize is usually a recipe book we don't have :) x

Ohh interesting! Im excited about going tonight again, especially since im going with people I know so I will hang about for longer!

I don't eat anything after lunch (weigh in is at 7 pm) and everything I eat on weigh in day is as light as possible.

I always wear clothes in layers that can be peeled off, and I have been known to stand in the kitchen weighing two different pairs of trousers on the kitchen scales so I can wear the lighter one! How sad is that??

Then just before I get to class I take off my watch and any other heavy jewellery and pop it in my jacket pocket.

light clothes, go to the loo, pray to anyone that's listening......oh yeah and I take a snack with me to eat after weigh in so I've not eaten since lunch time!!!

That's where I'm going wrong, if I'm hungry then I'll have a snack between lunch and WI and even drink and wear jeans (the only clothing I could get over my swollen knee at the beginning). This week I'm going to not eat after lunch, try and limit fluid and see if I can wear something other than jeans. Got until Weds evening but good luck to everyone else

I eat brekky and lunch as normal on WI day as any other day, but have nothing after that (weigh in at 18.30). I continue to drink until about 16.00/16.30 and then no more drink either.

I have done the same every week including my first one so I know I am getting a consistent weigh.

I also wear my work uniform (same reason - I was wearing it first weigh in), even if I am off that day!!

I weigh every day anyway at home, as I like to see what it says, and I've found I am about 6-7lbs heavier in the evening at my official weigh in.

I weigh at 6.45 so I don't eat or drink after 4pm...
I never usually drink after this time anyway as when my OH works afternoons I got a hour travel to get home and don't want go get caught short (if you see what I mean!)
I usually have fruit about 3.45.
Scan bran are lovely! They are little ryvita type crackers, that are really dry, you have to have a drink with them....I have them nearly every day....I am in the minority I think...lol

I get weighed about 6ish so I try not to eat anything after 3. I got straight from work so always wear black trousers and a light t-shirt as I got weighed in that when i started (even if im off that day I still wont wear jeans!!)
I also take off any jackets or jumpers, to go the loo before I go in, have a smoke outside and pray to god Ive lost and suck my tummy in when i get on the scales lolol

NO JEANS!! Under any circmstances. I'd rather strip off on the scales than wear those evil heavy trousers!

And I weigh in the mornings so I just have a yogurt n fruit with a cuppa then munch on a alpen bar after weigh in.

I have a 'Red Day' (usually meat & salad) the day before W.I day, as it gets rid of all my pasta & spuds bloatiness :), Then on W.I day I try to drink 2litres of water and just have a banana for breakfast & a muller light for lunch. I then get weighed @ 7pm, in the same outfit (my group probably think Im deprived of clothes). During class I have a cereal bar then a yummy meal @ home as a kind of treat. I try to limit my syns through week but will allow myself 15 on a W.I night. HaHa I know I probably sound a bit dull but have alot to lose so just trying to be quite strict

I know these two 'detoxy' days work cos I've tried all sorts of methods but this makes my weight acurate. :dooney: x

I WI at 5.30 and don't eat or drink past 2 - 2.30. I wear light clothing (usually the same dress - and many people wear the same clothes each week!) and don't have a "heavy" lunch. I also drink less water and coffee during the day than I normally would but drink a gallon after WI!! I also try to wee for Britain too!

I've done the same thing for 2.5 years now and I doubt I'll ever change. In fact I have a lunch out on a Tuesday in a couple of months and I'm worrying about it already!!

Back