• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Weigh in Week 3

Gold Member
I lost another 2 pounds this week.

There's a bit of me that wants to be disappointed with that (if I was doing WW I'd be thrilled, right? :))

So I'm going to put it in more positive terms...

I've lost 18 pounds in 3 weeks! :bliss:

Woo hoo!

(I think it's working...)

I haven't cheated once. Not once. I haven't even tasted anything other than my shakes, soups and meal bars.

I guess I was hoping it'd be more because I've been a bit down this last few days. I've got a huge exam coming up and let's just say revision isn't going well. Usually I'd reward myself for studying with a bucket of Maltesers or something :rolleyes:

I'm finding it hard to keep myself going. Can't have a bubble bath with aromatherapy oils every 2 hours now, can I? Any ideas how I can reward myself for sticking at the revision?

Help! I'm determined not to use food!
Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
Hi Lily
18lbs in 3 weeks! That's fantastic - I won't get anywhere near that. First weigh in tomorrow.

Sorry can't think of anything to help you through the exams. I survived on milk and chocolate biscuits when I was doing them (many many years ago). How about concentrating on what you will do with the qualification you will be getting? What are you studying, by the way?

Hi Lily,
Thats a fantastic weight loss, well done. Keep up the good work:)
That's fabulous, well done!

is gonna shine in 2009
thats fab, week 3 is known for being a small loss

Lil K

Addicted to Minimins
Well done Lily - you're doing really well. A loss is a loss no matter what, and 18lb in 3 weeks is well impressive!! Like you said you'd have been happy with that loss on WW.

Good luck with week 4, then remember is AAMW - I can't believe I'm getting so excited about the tiniest of meals, but I am - crazy eh? :D
Well done Lily, you are doing great!

I use baths as my treat too, but no I don't have one every 2 hours, maybe I should to stop me being tempted to eat :rolleyes:

I buy a good magazine and then have a soak in the bath while I read it with lots of smellies like Bathbombs or Bath Melts from Lush.
Congratulations, your success is well deserved :D
If I tell you what I'm studying for, you'll all stop speaking to me. Let's just say I'm a civil servant... :)

The truly irritating thing about this exam is that it doesn't really get me a qualification in the outside world. For the folks that come after me, there will be some kind of qualification. That's the story of my life, really :). My reward for passing is to get through another module full followed by yet another exam in May. There are times (especially right now!) when I really wonder what the hell I'm doing, LOL. I'll be 38 in December. As Mel Gibson says in 'Lethal Weapon', I'm getting too old for this sh*t...

Anyways, in case none of you do speak to me again, thank you for all your replies. They really cheered me up!
Last edited:

Lil K

Addicted to Minimins
I'll speak to you Lily - I too am a civil servant, with a not so popular job, who has to take exams that are worth diddly squat in the real world - so I know exactly where you're coming from :D

Hope the revision is going well x