Weighing Daily

vixhicks

Aggghhhhhhhrrrrrrrr - I know it's stupid to weigh daily, but I always have (well, the last seven weeks I've been doing WW) and every 2-3 days there's a loss. Great motivation. So far lost 1 stone, 4lb.
HOWEVER
haven't changed since Tuesday morning now - 3 days of being a.n.g.e.l.i.c. and nothing....not even half a pound. The motivational tool of weighing has turned round and bitten me on the bum (so to speak!) as I am now soooo demotivated I can't barely be bothered to track today.. Sigh.

I'm a fool I tell ya, a fool! :break_diet:

LOL Vix - we are all fools about weighing scales.
We allow the scales to determine how we are feeling emotionally - it is a sad thing to give over our emotions to a machine.

Try not to weigh - hide the scales or even better throw them out.

I have taken advice from someone on this forum, who never weighs, or very rarely, I have not weighed myself for over two weeks now!!
It feels amazing - and if you are getting weighed every week and sticking to what you should be eating - you really don't need them.

It is a big step - go for it.
You have done brilliantly by the way - well done!!
Love
Rosie xx

awww

i know thw feeling, i was 12st 3lbs on tuesday giving me a 3lbs loss for the week but by the thursday at weigh in i had lost 1.5lbs

its very annoying, but i suppose just confirms that you shouldnt weigh yourself everyday or it'll drive you crazy lol

x

Its really really hard I know, but if you forget the scales @ home and just rely on the scales @ class once a week it will make you feel so much better.

I used to weigh constantly and let it determine how I felt emotionally for the day - it soo isn't worth it, and I have learnt that my body especially can fluctuate by as much as 5lb from 1 day to the next.

Now, I just get on with it everyday and wait till my weigh in every week, I know if I have been good or bad without the scales telling me and sometimes we lose inches and nothing shows on the scales for a while - the wonders of the human body eh - ultimately - if we do what we are told with regards to sticking to the points we will lose - however long it takes.

Sorry, if this sounded like I was preaching lol - just a recovering scale hopper lol

Back