Weighing daily

I'm on my way

I get weighed daily even when not actively dieting (more than once when I am) just to monitor things, I know I always weigh @ 2lbs heavier at night for example!
I do seem to be yoyoing by a huge amount the last few weeks, if this is normal then so be it! As long as the long term trend is down I will work with it!
I suppose my question is how often do you get weighed and how much do you yoyo during a week?

Many thanks,
Cheryl

I have weighed in every day, first thing, since Feb '10. I vowed to do that until I had lost it all and maintained for a good six months - so I have a nice graph (check out fridgegraph.com - love it - I am 'zeke' on there, too) of my 33 lb loss followed by my 23 lb gain before starting SW 12 days ago!

I don't fluctuate that much all things being equal - a couple of pounds max.

when i started Dukan i weighed daily but the ups and downs can cause you to wobble ....so now i weigh mondays and fridays and i still go up and down ....this diet you will weigh different each day , pv days will mean more water, then it needs to even out . as long as your not cheating the scales should go down , if you cheat with carbs you will see the scales shoot up

I think daily weighing is good during attack phase. It helps keep you really motivated to see those daily losses. In Cruise, however, it can have the reverse effect so perhaps then temper your enthusiasm for the scales!

I weigh daily - I found it helps to see the weight ebb and flow, with the little gains followed by another loss, because I began to see the pattern; pp v pv, TOTM, little settling down days after big losses.

If I'd stuck to Saturday mornings I'd have recorded a rise of 3lbs this week, and not realised it was a blip, and that it would have disappeared by monday. And that might have driven me to the bakery shop next door!

Very true. Good point Atropos.

Back