Weighing daily

Discussion in 'Dukan Diet' started by I'm on my way, 19 April 2011 Social URL.

1. I'm on my way

I'm on my way Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(6.01%)
    Diet:
    CD
    I get weighed daily even when not actively dieting (more than once when I am) just to monitor things, I know I always weigh @ 2lbs heavier at night for example!
    I do seem to be yoyoing by a huge amount the last few weeks, if this is normal then so be it! As long as the long term trend is down I will work with it!
    I suppose my question is how often do you get weighed and how much do you yoyo during a week?

Many thanks,
    Cheryl

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. zeke

zeke Gold Member

Diet:
    SW (at home)
    I have weighed in every day, first thing, since Feb '10. I vowed to do that until I had lost it all and maintained for a good six months - so I have a nice graph (check out fridgegraph.com - love it - I am 'zeke' on there, too) of my 33 lb loss followed by my 23 lb gain before starting SW 12 days ago!

I don't fluctuate that much all things being equal - a couple of pounds max.

4. scrumper

scrumper Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st6.0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st8lb
    Lost(%):
    2st13.2lb(19.07%)
    Diet:
    Dukan / bodytrim
    when i started Dukan i weighed daily but the ups and downs can cause you to wobble ....so now i weigh mondays and fridays and i still go up and down ....this diet you will weigh different each day , pv days will mean more water, then it needs to even out . as long as your not cheating the scales should go down , if you cheat with carbs you will see the scales shoot up

5. Maintainer

Maintainer ** Chief WITCH **

Start Weight:
    141kg
    Current Weight:
    69.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    65.0kg
    Lost(%):
    71.7kg(50.85%)
    Diet:
    Self devised
    I think daily weighing is good during attack phase. It helps keep you really motivated to see those daily losses. In Cruise, however, it can have the reverse effect so perhaps then temper your enthusiasm for the scales!

6. Atropos

Atropos Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.41%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    I weigh daily - I found it helps to see the weight ebb and flow, with the little gains followed by another loss, because I began to see the pattern; pp v pv, TOTM, little settling down days after big losses.

If I'd stuck to Saturday mornings I'd have recorded a rise of 3lbs this week, and not realised it was a blip, and that it would have disappeared by monday. And that might have driven me to the bakery shop next door!

7. Maintainer

Maintainer ** Chief WITCH **

Start Weight:
    141kg
    Current Weight:
    69.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    65.0kg
    Lost(%):
    71.7kg(50.85%)
    Diet:
    Self devised
    Very true. Good point Atropos.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.