Weighing yourself everyday

I need to heed your advice. I have stepped on the scales every morning since joining SW last week, just to see if I was losing any weight. Still doesn't mean much as I weigh in the morning after getting out of bed, when class is at 5.30pm and I have ate and drank through the day.

I think it is only because I have put the scales away so its not easy to get to them or I would have been on every day as well.

I guess the key is what WORKS for you

I have weighed myself every day for the last 3 years and never had a problem with it- it doesn't sway how I feel and I don't get upset/excited by it- it is simply one of many observations I make- I also look in the mirror everyday and wear clothes everyday and these too are indicators of my size fluctuating

I do it out of habit BUT I'm not swayed by what the scales say because I know it only counts on weigh in day - really I just find it interesting. I'm finding out more about how I retain weight at certain times of the month, how my body is working and can now recognise patterns over the course of the week without freaking out if I appear to have gained half a pound or whatever. If what you see bothers you and affects your ability to stick to plan the scales need to go!
Completely agree!

So, if weighing yourself sabotages your progress, don't do it- for you, I would say this seems to be the case, so wouldn't recommend it.

But, I don't go along with the theory that it is some kind of almighty terrible weakness to check-in every day. If it works for you- fine! We are all different

I do it out of habit BUT I'm not swayed by what the scales say because I know it only counts on weigh in day - really I just find it interesting. I'm finding out more about how I retain weight at certain times of the month, how my body is working and can now recognise patterns over the course of the week without freaking out if I appear to have gained half a pound or whatever. If what you see bothers you and affects your ability to stick to plan the scales need to go!

Good post! I weigh daily and find it motivational and informative. I know what affects my weight now.

Perhaps if I had weighed myself every day in the past few years, I would not have ended up the size I was.

Good point ladies think I do sabotage myself and tend to think if Im losing I dont need to be so strict with myself. So yes very true find out what works best for you.

I weigh every day as I find it helps see cycles and periods when you are more likely to gain weight. I started doing it after i read an article in new scientist about how either daily or less than weekly (monthly I think they may have said) wi's were best. I don't compare it directly with my weekly wi and I find it doesn't sabotage my efforts.

Doing the plan from home I'm guilty of weighing myself alot. I am getting better at controlling the urge to weigh. Last week the scales showed STS most of the week and it was only the last few days the numbers started to fall.

Back