weighing yourself

I weigh every day, especially since I got to target because I read it's advisable for people maintainig to weigh every day so that you know how your body reacts to different foods e.g. extra salt or carbs making you retain water.
Even before target I weighed several times a week and always before WI.

thank you! the only thing i'd do differently, is if i'd got on the scales and they'd shown a gain i would of cut back more or done more exercise. it would only push me to be better, not worse.

i definitely won't weigh now until i get weighed at SW, and then i'll see how i feel.

thanks for the replies,it's interesting to see everyone's habits!

I'm sure you are doing your best anyway so there would be no point in weighing ;) Good Luck! Can't wait to see how you do!

I weigh every day, especially since I got to target because I read it's advisable for people maintainig to weigh every day so that you know how your body reacts to different foods e.g. extra salt or carbs making you retain water.
Even before target I weighed several times a week and always before WI.

Yes I heard this too, so I now weigh pretty much every day. I didn't used to though when I was losing, I only weighed in at ww and deliberately didn't buy a new battery for my scales so that I wouldn't be tempted!

I weigh every morning, but I now know my body likes to only change on a monday morning. I weigh exactly the same as last week until monday before work, and it appears to bear no relation whatsoever with the official scales, other than if I go down at home I'll go down in group. LOL.

i re-introduced weighing in daily back! but according to my home scales i've lost 4ozs! hahahahahahahaha! so we'll see at weigh in today how right they are!

Our consultant used to advise against weighing at home (assuming you attend a class), for two opposite but still negative reasons:

1. If the scales show you weighing less than the class weigh-in, you might feel you're doing great, and can relax a little during the week, eating more syns than you should, which will affect your class weight loss.

2. If the scales show you weighing more than the class weigh-in, you might feel depressed and frustrated that you're not losing no matter how hard you're trying and just give up.

While I can see the reasoning behind this, I think the main points are that you should stick to one set of scales for consistent and reliable information, and that weight can fluctuate up and down day to day, so weekly weighing only will be more indicative of actual progress.

Saying all of that, I weigh myself about three times a day, sometimes trimmming my nails or removing belly button fluff between weigh-ins to grab an extra ounce or two :eek:

This reminded me of a post I read on a blog I follow I think you might appreciate it :) Day 35 | The Weighing is the Hardest Part… « Project 180°

For me I have only been weighing at weigh in's - mainly because I was too heavy for my home scales - but this morning I felt the urge to look at my white square again and I just register on the top end! I am a little worried about getting into an obsessive habit...

Our consultant used to advise against weighing at home (assuming you attend a class), for two opposite but still negative reasons:

1. If the scales show you weighing less than the class weigh-in, you might feel you're doing great, and can relax a little during the week, eating more syns than you should, which will affect your class weight loss.

2. If the scales show you weighing more than the class weigh-in, you might feel depressed and frustrated that you're not losing no matter how hard you're trying and just give up.

While I can see the reasoning behind this, I think the main points are that you should stick to one set of scales for consistent and reliable information, and that weight can fluctuate up and down day to day, so weekly weighing only will be more indicative of actual progress.

Saying all of that, I weigh myself about three times a day, sometimes trimmming my nails or removing belly button fluff between weigh-ins to grab an extra ounce or two :eek:

i can imagine that happening to most people, but i know my scales are fooking useless, so although i don't know if i've lost or gained really, i still feel better for checking. so far it's never had a negative effect on me.

This reminded me of a post I read on a blog I follow I think you might appreciate it :) Day 35 | The Weighing is the Hardest Part… « Project 180°

For me I have only been weighing at weigh in's - mainly because I was too heavy for my home scales - but this morning I felt the urge to look at my white square again and I just register on the top end! I am a little worried about getting into an obsessive habit...

hahhaha! that's so true!

This reminded me of a post I read on a blog I follow I think you might appreciate it :)

lol cobweb, love it!

I used to weigh myself every day but I got bored of it cos the scales never budge if you get on them every single day! So now I have a sneaky WI in between my official WI at class! I am always lighter at this time, for example I weighed on Sunday and my scales say that I'm 6lbs lighter than I was on Wednesday at class but guaranteed I'll not be anywhere near as light when it comes to WI! Its kind of false hope really, but if I see that I'm doing good it does keep me on track.

Back